g28b.gif

No......Not him.

This guy:

aBTSaLrs.jpg

ltB3XnOs.jpg

57K4imqs.jpg

LD87Vmos.jpg

Bigger view of the pics

I know in the last pic the drives look completely wonky (they kinda are). Its due to the mounting of the drives on the LanBoy Air

The drives are suspended mid air with the help of (pretty much) rubber tubing. Since room is  tight the drives pull a bit this way and that due to cabling. They are fully secure though.

Image quality is crap from my phone  :'(

Here's what's inside:

CPU                ----- Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor

CPU Cooler  ----- Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 CPU Cooler (Monster)

Motherboard  -----Asus Sabertooth X79 ATX LGA2011

Storage         ------Crucial MX100 256GB SSD x 1 , WD Green 2TB x 6 , WD Red 6TB x 1

Video Card ------- Asus Radeon Radeon HD 4850 (OLD card just using for viewing the bios)

Case         ------- Antec Lanboy air Blue ATX Mid Tower Case

PSU                -------Antec High Current Gamer 900W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

The case currently has 7 fans in it. Ive been preclearing my 6TB drive for about a day and none of my drives have went over 25c.

I'm looking forward to a parity check  ;)

I only built it yesterday so there’s alot of work to be done. There is not alot of room to hide your cables in this case. I need to get some tie wraps I think.

I hope to replace the video card in the next month or 2, or when AMD lowers prices on the 290.

Well, that's about it for now.

Any thoughts, question or comments are welcome.

Virtualisation here I come  :D :D :D

Hi guys, I want you to meet Obelix!!!

g28b.gif

No......Not him.

This guy:

aBTSaLrs.jpg

ltB3XnOs.jpg

57K4imqs.jpg

LD87Vmos.jpg

Bigger view of the pics

I know in the last pic the drives look completely wonky (they kinda are). Its due to the mounting of the drives on the LanBoy Air

The drives are suspended mid air with the help of (pretty much) rubber tubing. Since room is  tight the drives pull a bit this way and that due to cabling. They are fully secure though.

Image quality is crap from my phone  :'(

Here's what's inside:

CPU                ----- Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor

CPU Cooler  ----- Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 CPU Cooler (Monster)

Motherboard  -----Asus Sabertooth X79 ATX LGA2011

Storage         ------Crucial MX100 256GB SSD x 1 , WD Green 2TB x 6 , WD Red 6TB x 1

Video Card ------- Asus Radeon Radeon HD 4850 (OLD card just using for viewing the bios)

Case         ------- Antec Lanboy air Blue ATX Mid Tower Case

PSU                -------Antec High Current Gamer 900W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

The case currently has 7 fans in it. Ive been preclearing my 6TB drive for about a day and none of my drives have went over 25c.

I'm looking forward to a parity check  ;)

I only built it yesterday so there’s alot of work to be done. There is not alot of room to hide your cables in this case. I need to get some tie wraps I think.

I hope to replace the video card in the next month or 2, or when AMD lowers prices on the 290.

Well, that's about it for now.

Any thoughts, question or comments are welcome.

Virtualisation here I come  :D :D :D

Nice rig!  Cool lighting too. The AMD 290X cards just dropped in price a bit, but I will say we have had some challenges with the R9 290 and KVM but we will be looking at this again soon.

The AMD card you have now would be perfect for a basic desktop or OpenELEC though...

Thanks Jon. I'm really happy to hear I can run OpenELEC with my current card. I'm going to have to do some serious KVM reading now.

I'll hold off buying any card until you guys are fairly confident that it will be ok for KVM. I'm in no rush getting setup for gaming. I'm sure after Xmas

there will be cheaper cards again so i'll wait until then. My goal right now is just getting everything on docker and setting up OpenELEC.

After looking at your pics I'm kinda jealous I didn’t go for water cooling. My cooler is massive. I'm sure I can clean it all up, but yours look so clean!!!.

This being my first build from scratch kind of scared me away from the water. Live and learn I suppose.

If you have anything that needs testing feel free to throw it my way  ;)

For now its back to checking the progress of my 6TB WD Red preclear. Its like a combination of waiting for a pot to boil and watching paint dry.......but I keep

checking  :-[

Thanks Jon. I'm really happy to hear I can run OpenELEC with my current card. I'm going to have to do some serious KVM reading now.

Shouldn't be anything to read to get this going. We are trying to make this really simple.

I'll hold off buying any card until you guys are fairly confident that it will be ok for KVM. I'm in no rush getting setup for gaming. I'm sure after Xmas

there will be cheaper cards again so i'll wait until then. My goal right now is just getting everything on docker and setting up OpenELEC.

Well there are always cheaper / better cards for the money if you wait, that's kind of the nature of tech. That said, I wouldn't be in a rush to buy a new card right away until we see how things continue to play out in this space.

After looking at your pics I'm kinda jealous I didn’t go for water cooling. My cooler is massive. I'm sure I can clean it all up, but yours look so clean!!!.

This being my first build from scratch kind of scared me away from the water. Live and learn I suppose.

Thanks for the compliments on the build.  Its definitely a scream machine and even with all the water cooling, I still have a ton of fans in there, but I probably don't even need them.

If you have anything that needs testing feel free to throw it my way  ;)

For now its back to checking the progress of my 6TB WD Red preclear. Its like a combination of waiting for a pot to boil and watching paint dry.......but I keep

checking  :-[

Thanks for the offer to test.  The main reason we haven't released the VM yet is that we have one last bug to squash in the plugin code to address.  I'm also prepping content to explain this to everyone.

Archived