[PLUGIN DEPRECATED] VM Manager (2015.02.24)

dmacias

Probably good to add a note to uninstall the beta10 plugin before installing the beta12 version.

Yeah that would be good to know. :)  I was debating on leaving them in the same repo.  Maybe should have made a branch.

I installed the b12 version with the b10 version still installed thinking it would overwrite/remove the b10 version. Got the b10 display but also saw "error" here & there. All was fine after uninstalling the b10 version.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably good to add a note to uninstall the beta10 plugin before installing the beta12 version.

Yeah that would be good to know. :)  I was debating on leaving them in the same repo.  Maybe should have made a branch.

I installed the b12 version with the b10 version still installed thinking it would overwrite/remove the b10 version. Got the b10 display but also saw "error" here & there. All was fine after uninstalling the b10 version.

If anyone has them both installed then just uninstall the beta 10 version.  They reside in different directories so it won't matter. The problem is they use the same tab.  The errors where probably me leaving debugging on both depending on when you updated them (I always forget and have to push an update). 

Installed the latest Dynamix plugin for b12 and I see that there is an option for "Auto" under the Storage tab. Currently it is unchecked, would you mind explaining what this option does and when one would want Auto checked under the storage tab?

I was bored waiting for beta12. Really, it was just a simple add on I thought might be useful. I was thinking that putting your cd images in a storage pool located on the array might spin up or keep the drive spun up. Or use it for some backup vm images or testing pool you didn't want active.  I haven't had time to test the spin theory though.

I was bored waiting for beta12. Really, it was just a simple add on I thought might be useful. I was thinking that putting your cd images in a storage pool located on the array might spin up or keep the drive spun up. Or use it for some backup vm images or testing pool you didn't want active.  I haven't had time to test the spin theory though.

So basically I should stop trying to find new things to break... Even though I am great at it! In all seriousness it sounds like a very useful feature.

So basically I should stop trying to find new things to break... Even though I am great at it! In all seriousness it sounds like a very useful feature.

Yeah I know your just trying to get your crown back from Justin.

Edit: and I blame you for the quad post.

Quadruple post!  SCORE!!!  :D

Lol hopefully I can delete them when I get home

Fixed!

Thanks that's was an epic quadruple post. Stupid Sprint and tapatalk.  Do know if tapatalk is up to date on the forums or of any problems.  I haven't been able to get notifications from here in a while, so I have email on.

Yeah I know your just trying to get your crown back from Justin.

Well I may have a chance as I have not seen any posts lately with all the doom and gloom but the road to reclaim my crown will be a long one indeed :D

Sadly, I suspect it will take a lot to surpass me as 'bad luck King' :(

Luckily, the new motherboard and cooling fans seem to have resolved much/most of my weird issues (knock very hard on wood).

So been using the Dynamix version of VM manager for the last 24 hours and have noticed a few things  ;D

1. I was trying to edit the name of one of my VM's and the VM did not change after I clicked accept. I had to delete the xml and re-add it with the new name in order for it to show up.

2. When the VM's are started, the VM "name" box is a little small. IMHO (which doesn't really matter) I would like the names more spread out.

3. Have I mentioned that this is my favorite plugin?

So been using the Dynamix version of VM manager for the last 24 hours and have noticed a few things  ;D

1. I was trying to edit the name of one of my VM's and the VM did not change after I clicked accept. I had to delete the xml and re-add it with the new name in order for it to show up.

2. When the VM's are started, the VM "name" box is a little small. IMHO (which doesn't really matter) I would like the names more spread out.

1. I changed the way the editor saves now. Instead of undefining then creating. I simply define again.  This was to fix issues for domains with snapshots, saved states and other reasons that the domain could not be undefined.  I'll check into the name change issue.  I will add a function so you click on the name and a text input is displayed to edit it.  This method is already available for snapshot descriptions and disk dev name (you  can rename the dev name of your disk but you better change the fstab first).

2. I used fixed pixels in the style sheet on some of the table columns.  In the update for vmMan fit beta 10, I changed to mostly all %'s and also figured out some other things. So it's on my to-do list for this version. There's plenty of room to spread out.

3. Thanks and I appreciate the feedback.

Wanted a fresh install and made a new flash form: http://dnld.lime-technology.com/beta/unRAIDServer-6.0-beta12-x86_64.zip

Checked for updates.

Updated Dynamix webGui.

Intalled via "install plugin" tab using: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmacias72/vmMan/master/vmMan.plg.

I can not create a storage pool on the cache or an array drive. Comes back "No storage pools defined. Create from template or add XML description".

Reed

Wanted a fresh install and made a new flash form: http://dnld.lime-technology.com/beta/unRAIDServer-6.0-beta12-x86_64.zip

Checked for updates.

Updated Dynamix webGui.

Intalled via "install plugin" tab using: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmacias72/vmMan/master/vmMan.plg.

I can not create a storage pool on the cache or an array drive. Comes back "No storage pools defined. Create from template or add XML description".

Reed

Please follow the directions in the first post; this means installing the plugin using the correct package: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmacias72/dynamix.kvm.manager/master/dynamix.kvm.manager.plg

Checked for updates.

Updated Dynamix webGui.

Reed

Please follow the directions in the first post; this means installing the plugin using the correct package: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmacias72/dynamix.kvm.manager/master/dynamix.kvm.manager.plg

My bad that is what I did but when I copied the link for the post used wrong one. I made sure that I used the right one. Just to make sure I uninstalled rebooted and reinstalled same results

Reed

Edit:

More info:

Tried using a directory that did not already exist. The directory is created but same result no pool created. (User root group root permissions 40777)

Checked for updates.

Updated Dynamix webGui.

Reed

My bad that is what I did but when I copied the link for the post used wrong one. I made sure that I used the right one. Just to make sure I uninstalled rebooted and reinstalled same results

Reed

Edit:

More info:

Tried using a directory that did not already exist. The directory is created but same result no pool created. (User root group root permissions 40777)

I left off the condition that libvirt be started before the KVM tab shows for some reason. So I need to add that back.  But you need to install virtMan.plg from the first post or start libvirt.

Brit,

All good now Thanks. Will the libvirt plug or some start up line in go file still be needed in future updates?

Reed

For now you need to use the virtMan plugin or you could  use the go file to symlink /ect/libvirt to cahe drive or vm drive.  And a line to start libvirt.  But you would also need  events for when you stop the array if on cache drive or when you shutdown unraid.

I really like the look of the KVM section of the new Dynamix system.  I do have a couple of suggestions/questions though.

When you select the devices tab, then the usb_devices tab (as one example), the items are not seemingly sorted in any way.  The headers seem like they should be sortable; my arrow turns to a finger when I move over a header, but clicking an item doesn't actually sort the table.  Can this be 'fixed'?

Second, I have 2 usb_devices that show as unknown.  One is my bluetooth dongle, one is my usb hub, and 2 are actually unknown to me.  Is there anything we can do to help the system learn/know what these unknown items are?

Device 	Identification 	Driver 	Vendor 	Product 	XML
usb_usb3 	0x1d6b:0x0002 	usb 	Linux 3.17.4-unRAID xhci_hcd 	xHCI Host Controller 	
usb_3_6 	0x13fe:0x3d00 	usb 		Patriot Memory 	
usb_3_9 	0x174c:0x2074 	usb 	ASRock 	ASM107x 	
usb_3_9_3 	0x050d:0x0201 	usb 	Unknown 	Unknown 	
usb_3_9_3_1 	0x147a:0xe03e 	usb 	Formosa21 	eHome Infrared Transceiver 	
usb_3_9_3_2 	0x045e:0x00db 	usb 	Microsoft 	Natural® Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 	
usb_3_9_3_3 	0x045e:0x0745 	usb 	Microsoft 	Microsoft® 2.4GHz Transceiver v4.0 	
usb_3_9_3_4 	0x0a12:0x0001 	usb 	Unknown 	Unknown 	
usb_3_9_4 	0x051d:0x0002 	usb 	American Power Conversion 	Back-UPS BX1500G FW:866.L4 .D USB FW:L4 	
usb_usb4 	0x1d6b:0x0003 	usb 	Linux 3.17.4-unRAID xhci_hcd 	xHCI Host Controller 	
usb_4_3 	0x174c:0x3074 	usb 	ASRock 	ASM107x 	
usb_usb1 	0x1d6b:0x0002 	usb 	Linux 3.17.4-unRAID ehci_hcd 	EHCI Host Controller 	
usb_1_1 	0x8087:0x8009 	usb 	Unknown 	Unknown 	
usb_usb5 	0x1d6b:0x0002 	usb 	Linux 3.17.4-unRAID xhci_hcd 	xHCI Host Controller 	
usb_usb6 	0x1d6b:0x0003 	usb 	Linux 3.17.4-unRAID xhci_hcd 	xHCI Host Controller 	
usb_usb2 	0x1d6b:0x0002 	usb 	Linux 3.17.4-unRAID ehci_hcd 	EHCI Host Controller 	
usb_2_1 	0x8087:0x8001 	usb 	Unknown 	Unknown 	

**Actually,  I just checked the devices section of the tools tab of unRAID, and it seems unRAID does know what all these things are...

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:8001 Intel Corp. 
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:8009 Intel Corp. 
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 174c:3074 ASMedia Technology Inc. 
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 005: ID 051d:0002 American Power Conversion Uninterruptible Power Supply
Bus 003 Device 009: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)
Bus 003 Device 008: ID 045e:0745 Microsoft Corp. Nano Transceiver v1.0 for Bluetooth
Bus 003 Device 007: ID 045e:00db Microsoft Corp. Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 V1.0
Bus 003 Device 006: ID 147a:e03e Formosa Industrial Computing, Inc. Infrared Receiver [iR605A/Q]
Bus 003 Device 004: ID 050d:0201 Belkin Components Peripheral Switch
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 174c:2074 ASMedia Technology Inc. 
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 13fe:3d00 Kingston Technology Company Inc. 
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Not a complaint at all, just trying to help make things better :)

I really like the look of the KVM section of the new Dynamix system.  I do have a couple of suggestions/questions though.

When you select the devices tab, then the usb_devices tab (as one example), the items are not seemingly sorted in any way.  The headers seem like they should be sortable; my arrow turns to a finger when I move over a header, but clicking an item doesn't actually sort the table.  Can this be 'fixed'?

Second, I have 2 usb_devices that show as unknown.  One is my bluetooth dongle, one is my usb hub, and 2 are actually unknown to me.  Is there anything we can do to help the system learn/know what these unknown items are?

Device 	Identification 	Driver 	Vendor 	Product 	XML
usb_usb3 	0x1d6b:0x0002 	usb 	Linux 3.17.4-unRAID xhci_hcd 	xHCI Host Controller 	
usb_3_6 	0x13fe:0x3d00 	usb 		Patriot Memory 	
usb_3_9 	0x174c:0x2074 	usb 	ASRock 	ASM107x 	
usb_3_9_3 	0x050d:0x0201 	usb 	Unknown 	Unknown 	
usb_3_9_3_1 	0x147a:0xe03e 	usb 	Formosa21 	eHome Infrared Transceiver 	
usb_3_9_3_2 	0x045e:0x00db 	usb 	Microsoft 	Natural® Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 	
usb_3_9_3_3 	0x045e:0x0745 	usb 	Microsoft 	Microsoft® 2.4GHz Transceiver v4.0 	
usb_3_9_3_4 	0x0a12:0x0001 	usb 	Unknown 	Unknown 	
usb_3_9_4 	0x051d:0x0002 	usb 	American Power Conversion 	Back-UPS BX1500G FW:866.L4 .D USB FW:L4 	
usb_usb4 	0x1d6b:0x0003 	usb 	Linux 3.17.4-unRAID xhci_hcd 	xHCI Host Controller 	
usb_4_3 	0x174c:0x3074 	usb 	ASRock 	ASM107x 	
usb_usb1 	0x1d6b:0x0002 	usb 	Linux 3.17.4-unRAID ehci_hcd 	EHCI Host Controller 	
usb_1_1 	0x8087:0x8009 	usb 	Unknown 	Unknown 	
usb_usb5 	0x1d6b:0x0002 	usb 	Linux 3.17.4-unRAID xhci_hcd 	xHCI Host Controller 	
usb_usb6 	0x1d6b:0x0003 	usb 	Linux 3.17.4-unRAID xhci_hcd 	xHCI Host Controller 	
usb_usb2 	0x1d6b:0x0002 	usb 	Linux 3.17.4-unRAID ehci_hcd 	EHCI Host Controller 	
usb_2_1 	0x8087:0x8001 	usb 	Unknown 	Unknown 	

**Actually,  I just checked the devices section of the tools tab of unRAID, and it seems unRAID does know what all these things are...

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:8001 Intel Corp. 
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:8009 Intel Corp. 
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 174c:3074 ASMedia Technology Inc. 
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 005: ID 051d:0002 American Power Conversion Uninterruptible Power Supply
Bus 003 Device 009: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)
Bus 003 Device 008: ID 045e:0745 Microsoft Corp. Nano Transceiver v1.0 for Bluetooth
Bus 003 Device 007: ID 045e:00db Microsoft Corp. Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 V1.0
Bus 003 Device 006: ID 147a:e03e Formosa Industrial Computing, Inc. Infrared Receiver [iR605A/Q]
Bus 003 Device 004: ID 050d:0201 Belkin Components Peripheral Switch
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 174c:2074 ASMedia Technology Inc. 
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 13fe:3d00 Kingston Technology Company Inc. 
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Not a complaint at all, just trying to help make things better :)

I appreciate your feedback. The devices tab is an easy fix.  rm devices.page :)  Devices tab for KVM is on the way out since it's under tools already as well as storage. You'll just be able to browse for media and images.

After some testing the name can only be changed if the vm is undefined then redefined like you did. It worked before because I setup the editor to remove then create.  But if you have a saved state or snapshot that won't work.  One thing you could do is when you edit, change the name then change the the last character of the uuid.  This will create a copy then you can remove the old vm.

I spread out the tables some. Let me know if it's enough.

After some testing the name can only be changed if the vm is undefined then redefined like you did. It worked before because I setup the editor to remove then create.  But if you have a saved state or snapshot that won't work.  One thing you could do is when you edit, change the name then change the the last character of the uuid.  This will create a copy then you can remove the old vm.

I spread out the tables some. Let me know if it's enough.

That's fine with renaming, easy enough to just change on character of the uuid. How often will you actually rename a VM anyway?

The spacing looks much better for my VM's, Thanks.

bd152d369906038.jpg

• trurl unpinned this topic