Help getting a Brocade Cna 1020 to work!!

Burksdb

Not even sure if this is possible but figured i would ask. I have an extra Brocade cna 1020 laying around that i though i would install into my unraid box to see if i could get this working on my setup. Only im running into issues with not being able to configure the card. I am mainly a Windows guy and dabble with macs and even less in linux environments.

Is this even possible?

Running lspci shows the card as being seen

04:00.0 Fibre Channel: Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. 1010/1020/1007/1741 10Gbps CNA (rev 01)
04:00.1 Fibre Channel: Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. 1010/1020/1007/1741 10Gbps CNA (rev 01)
04:00.2 Ethernet controller: Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. 1010/1020/1007/1741 10Gbps CNA (rev 01)
04:00.3 Ethernet controller: Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. 1010/1020/1007/1741 10Gbps CNA (rev 01)

any ideas or at least nods in the right directions

*** I know the array will not saturate 1gb let alone 10gb, but i copy fairly large files to it regularly with a raid 0 ssd cache and im tired of waiting for files to transfer all the time (im impatient)

** oops seems i posted this in the wrong area. If i could get this moved id greatly appreciate it. (downside to have soo many tabs open)

• 2 weeks later...

just an update

ive been looking at compiling my own kernel following these instructions http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Building_a_custom_kernel

I get to the last step:

#Copy bzimage_new

cp arch/x86/boot/bzImage /boot/bzimage_new

then get this error:

cp: cannot stat ‘arch/x86/boot/bzImage’: No such file or directory

so i tried:

ls arch/x86/boot

saw that the bzimage was listed. ran the command a second time and it goes thru no issues.

i edit the syslinux.cfg file to boot the new bzroot and bzimage.

everything boots however the only thing i get when running 

ifconfig

is the lo address. nothing else shows.

so i try running

lsmod

and it's blank. Just says Module with nothing below it.

I followed every step just swapping in the newer versions of the files listed.

any ideas?

Archived