TinyMediaManager Container. Accessible through web browser.

5 hours ago, CoZ said:

Has anyone figured out how to get it to NOT make the 'recycle bin' folders on your /MNT array?  For instance under my /Movie and under /TV Shows I have folders called .deletedByTMM

Either restarting the Docker doesn't remove them.  Stopping the docker and starting the docker doesn't remove them.  I see no way in the options of TMM to remove/disable the recycle bin/trash option.

I can't delete them off the share either.  The only way to delete them is via Krusader.... and then they just re-populate the next time I edit / change something.

There should be a setting within TMM to delete the trash bin on shutdown.  Other than that there's no way to remove it unless you delete it manually every time.

16 hours ago, coolasice1999 said:

There should be a setting within TMM to delete the trash bin on shutdown.  Other than that there's no way to remove it unless you delete it manually every time.

Yup, that's checked - to delete on every shutdown.  Except, it won't delete.  Stopping the docker / restarting the docker - makes no difference, it won't go away.  I'm also unable to delete the folders from my networked shares using Win10,etc.  Some kind of 'permission' error.  Only way to delete 'em manually is by launching Krusader via VNC

2 hours ago, CoZ said:

Yup, that's checked - to delete on every shutdown.  Except, it won't delete.  Stopping the docker / restarting the docker - makes no difference, it won't go away.  I'm also unable to delete the folders from my networked shares using Win10,etc.  Some kind of 'permission' error.  Only way to delete 'em manually is by launching Krusader via VNC

I don't think the docker shuts down like just closing the program in windows would.    I think you have permissions messed up somewhere if win10 won't allow you to delete the files.   I don't delete anything through tmm, radarr and sonarr handle all that for me.   I just use tmm via command line to provide info for my kodi database via a cron scripted docker so i don't have that folder anywhere in my files.

Edited by coolasice1999
2 hours ago, CoZ said:

On the docker there is the "USER_ID" and "GROUP_ID" envirements. If you set them to the same id as the user you use to the windows share you maybe will get the right permissions. You will also have to show hidden files in your Windows 10.

Hope this was helpfull. :)

8 minutes ago, henkall said:

On the docker there is the "USER_ID" and "GROUP_ID" envirements. If you set them to the same id as the user you use to the windows share you maybe will get the right permissions. You will also have to show hidden files in your Windows 10.

Hope this was helpfull. :)

That was indeed missing out of the docker all together.  I've since added them but haven't had a chance to test out if that was the issue.  Thank you though.

It would be nice if there was an option to move those .tobedeleted folders to somewhere else other than the /Movies & /TVShows shares or, just disable that feature entirely.

11 minutes ago, CoZ said:

That was indeed missing out of the docker all together.  I've since added them but haven't had a chance to test out if that was the issue.  Thank you though.

It would be nice if there was an option to move those .tobedeleted folders to somewhere else other than the /Movies & /TVShows shares or, just disable that feature entirely.

By the way there is also a other envirement that can be used but I have not used it before. "UMASK" 

Mask that controls how file permissions are set for newly created files.

You can read more about it on https://hub.docker.com/r/henkallsn/tinymediamanager3_nightly documentation.

23 minutes ago, henkall said:

By the way there is also a other envirement that can be used but I have not used it before. "UMASK" 

You can read more about it on https://hub.docker.com/r/henkallsn/tinymediamanager3_nightly documentation.

I pretty much just copied / pasted everything that was in the Krusader docker and slapped it into the TMM docker.

For future reference, in case anyone else has the same issue, these settings allowed me to delete the .tobedeletedTMM folder off of the array regardless if the Docker container is started/stopped etc

image.thumb.png.317fb184c7918802edf9c6e1bd61f87d.png

35 minutes ago, CoZ said:

I pretty much just copied / pasted everything that was in the Krusader docker and slapped it into the TMM docker.

For future reference, in case anyone else has the same issue, these settings allowed me to delete the .tobedeletedTMM folder off of the array regardless if the Docker container is started/stopped etc

image.thumb.png.317fb184c7918802edf9c6e1bd61f87d.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=e5eec7c5c933ca16

My system already had those set up on my docker.  That would explain your permission problem.  I think my folder gets deleted by my command line client automatically after it runs, not 100% sure.   I don't use tmm gui very much, i just let the command line pull all the metadata for me.

8 hours ago, coolasice1999 said:

My system already had those set up on my docker.  That would explain your permission problem.  I think my folder gets deleted by my command line client automatically after it runs, not 100% sure.   I don't use tmm gui very much, i just let the command line pull all the metadata for me.

I'm lucky I can figure out the GUI, much less a CLI lol

13 hours ago, CoZ said:

I'm lucky I can figure out the GUI, much less a CLI lol

it took me quite a while to figure it out including creating my own dockers for both the gui and cli.   I wanted a fully automated system for radarr...   radarr metadata for kodi is horrible so I wanted more.   I created the cli to automatically scan my library for new content and download metadata for it on a routine basis (early morning when everyone is asleep).   I also modified a headless kodi docker and set it up to scan for updates every day shortly after the tmm cli finished.  All is using cron jobs.  I let radarr do all the deleting.

Edited by coolasice1999
misspelling
  • 8 months later...
8 minutes ago, cbr600ds2 said:

Now that TMM has went to a pay structure did that have an effect on the container?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

No not yet. :)
Just don't click on the update button in the upper right corner. Then you should be fine.

The container should stay on version 3.

By the way please use the henkallsn/tinymediamanager image instad of the henkallsn/tinymediamanager3_nightly

I have renamed it because it is not using the nightly builds anymore.

Edited by henkall
No not yet.
Just don't click on the update button in the upper right corner. Then you should be fine.
 By the way please use the henkallsn/tinymediamanager image instad of the henkallsn/tinymediamanager3_nightly
Ok...ill try this weekend. I've been running it from my laptop but I may try the container this weekend. Hopefully it doesn't take a ton of space

16 hours ago, henkall said:

My image works. henkallsn/tinymediamanager

But it is only made for docker on linux. I have not tested it on Windows.

no i meant ive been running the app on windows because the docker image was discontinued.

i went ahead and build your image. working great! thanks for the update :)

On 11/9/2020 at 11:09 PM, henkall said:

No not yet. :)

This isn't the docker that's created by coolasice, right?   T

4 minutes ago, cbr600ds2 said:

This isn't the docker that's created by coolasice, right?   T

My image is forked from romancin/tinymediamanager-docker github and customised a bit. coolasice image is as far as i know also forked from romancin/tinymediamanager-docker github and that is why they look similar. I have not looked very much at coolasice image so I don't really know what he has customised.

My image is forked from romancin/tinymediamanager-docker github and customised a bit. coolasice image is as far as i know also forked from romancin/tinymediamanager-docker github and that is why they look similar. I have not looked very much at coolasice image so I don't really know what he has customised.
Where do I find yours?

11 minutes ago, cbr600ds2 said:

Where do I find yours?

On docker hub:
henkallsn/tinymediamanager

Ohh by the way I have just seen the the original image where I got it from has just for 12 days ago been updated so maybe his works again.

I haven't tested that.

romancin/tinymediamanager 

Edited by henkall

I've been using romancin/tinymediamanager - and it works fine.   I've been getting updates pushed to it so it is in active development.  Just don't update to V4.  I did and it breaks the docker.

I read somewhere that there are no plans for him to upgrade compatibility to V4 of TMM because it's a paid program now.  Otherwise, there is nothing wrong with Romancin version

• 3 years later...

Hi @coolasice1999,

As you know, I have been playing w/ TinyMMediaManager versions for a few weeks. Long story short; I am not happy w/ their version 4.0. Mainly, not all artwork is scraped when adding a new movie. I am not crazy about buying a license. A year from now, I won't remember that I did this and struggle with why it's not properly working.

I have the CLI 3.x version working beautifully in my post download script.

However, I cannot get your v.3.x GUI repo to work. For some reason, the GUI cannot be reached via the VNC web interface.

I am wondering/hoping you can create a new version based on LSIO's KASM VNC Image. There is an alpine version, which I believe is the same underlying base you use.

I looked at their version of Filezilla docker which uses this base, and works like a charm for me.

FROM ghcr.io/linuxserver/baseimage-kasmvnc:alpine319

Your GUI dockerfile is showing this:

FROM jlesage/baseimage-gui:alpine-3.12-glibc

I am hoping the change is a matter of changing the base image in your v. 3 GUI Dockerile and rebuild a new version. I would try it, but the learning curve for docker authoring and build process is too much for me.

Thank you!

Edited by hernandito