SteamCMD

I did some reading regarding steam and having a dedicated linux gaming server.  Apparently you need to have steamCMD installed.

There is a couple of docker images that are steamCMD, but unsure how to setup.

I know in the community here, we have been using the run command to download and start a container. 

On the few docker images that I seen used on their website use a docker pull command to download.  And I am unsure what to do after you do a docker pull.

I want to know after you pull the docker image is there a specific way to run the docker image or can use the docker run command for the docker steamCMD image. 

• 2 years later...

deaerator have you been able to run a steamcmd docker image on unraid? Im trying to figure out if this is do-able or if its a lost cause for the moment. Im trying to run a rust steamcmd docker image. I would be ok with just a steamcmd image that i could manually configure for other steamcmd servers as well. but wanted to understand the problems with steamcmd in unraid docker first. Im still a noob but learning quickly