(Request) Update the MediaBrowserServer Docker

I think there should be a way to tag the Version we want (by using a Variable?) or a different docker tree (ex: gfjardim/MediaBrowserServer:Beta instead of gfjardim/MediaBrowserServer:latest).

This way, people that want to run the new stuff in Beta could do it, and people that prefer the Stable could have it too.

Hi,

MediaBrowserServer now have tons of new features, but it's still in Beta.  How can we can the docker to get that version ??

Details on the new features :  http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-130-media-browser-server-305416-beta-released/

MediaBrowser has its own repo too and it's kept up to date as much as possible. At least I try. If you have some request on the image itself concerning the official mediabrowser repo, please let me know and I will try and update it or address your concerns.

Hi,

MediaBrowserServer now have tons of new features, but it's still in Beta.  How can we can the docker to get that version ??

Details on the new features :  http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-130-media-browser-server-305416-beta-released/

MediaBrowser has its own repo too and it's kept up to date as much as possible. At least I try. If you have some request on the image itself concerning the official mediabrowser repo, please let me know and I will try and update it or address your concerns.

What's the difference between the official repo and the gfjardim one?  Does the official repo works well on Unraid too ?  If so, why having another one ?!

Official repo, is made by me and I build it in conjunction with the developers of mediabrowser. Once they let me know they are ready to build a new beta or new stable release I start my work. So the official repo is updated every time a release by mediabrowser is made. The base image is a big difference, but other than that I don't see much of a difference. If you want something that is updated regularly go with the official repo one, the official repo one runs by default as user nobody so it it compatible with unRAID.

The readme instructions are a little outdate, and I will update them soon. Just remember that the config volume is /config

Official repo, is made by me and I build it in conjunction with the developers of mediabrowser. Once they let me know they are ready to build a new beta or new stable release I start my work. So the official repo is updated every time a release by mediabrowser is made. The base image is a big difference, but other than that I don't see much of a difference. If you want something that is updated regularly go with the official repo one, the official repo one runs by default as user nobody so it it compatible with unRAID.

The readme instructions are a little outdate, and I will update them soon. Just remember that the config volume is /config

Anything special if I want to move from the Unraid docker to your Official docker? I guess I just need to point to my current config and map the same unraid folder I already have If I want to avoid a full rescan?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just pulled the latest from the repo.

I was using cpu pinning to deal with the high cpu usage of media browser.

however when i try to pinn a cpu the command fails

i am using --cpuset=3 mediabrowser/mbserver it fails on this. before this beta it was running just great.