looking for a product

intertan

This isn't unraid specific but it is related

I am looking for the following

Remember back in the floppy days? Were you took the disk and inserted it into the drive, once you were done you pressed the button and out it came.

I am looking for something similar. Except for hard drives, both regular and laptop. Can be 2 separate units.

I not looking for something I screw onto the drive then insert that in to the bay.

You have a couple of choices. I assume you are referring to a removable caddy that will allow you to insert and take out a 3.5" HDD?

There are plenty of options, depending on whether you want it to be completely external to your PC/Laptop or in a 5.25" bay (but still be able to eject the drive), what interface you want to connect it to (USB3, Firewire, eSATA or TB for example) and how many drives you want it to house.

Could you give us some more information about what you would like to do with the product?

There are plenty of external "trayless SATA" units out there. Look on newegg.

I've posted links to a number in the past, these two come up in my search now

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817707169&cm_re=trayless_sata-_-17-707-169-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817707269&cm_re=trayless_sata-_-17-707-269-_-Product

There are others I've seen that do raid also.

It's hard to recommend anything without more specifics, as previously mentioned.

Therefore I would suggest a general search on 'trayless sata' to see what you find.

You can also look for keyword toolless or toolfree.

I've had lots of different models in the past.