[DOCKER CONTAINER] Ubooquity

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

YOU CAN UPDATE IT YOURSELF! LOL! I know you weren't meaning it that way but I couldn't help but read it like that. Cracking me up.

Anyway, you can ssh in and go to the config directory. Then do a

wget http://vaemendis.net/ubooquity/downloads/Ubooquity-1.7.0.zip

And then you can unzip it. I moved my old jar to jar.old and then

unzip Ubooquity-1.7.0.zip

The download died on me a couple times. I don't know if it's me or that guys server but it was slow.

Whilst you can update yourself we should strive not to. other wise we are missing out on a principle point of docker.

If the dev is MIA we can ask a live one to fork it

i've forked smdions repo, (don't want ownership of it cos a lot of it is stuff i don't understand tbh) but i've played around with the htpcmanager docker.

if i send you a pm can you check some bash scripting for me as i'm pretty new to it.

I'm having problems setting up the directory.  In the docker settungs I have set /mnt to /mnt/user/Books/ and then in Ubooquity admin set the shared directory to /mnt/user/Books/ but get:

"Preferences could not be modified.

Directory does not exist or is not readable: /mnt/user/Books"

Tried adding an Authorized User as well but just keep getting the message above.  What am I doing wrong?

I'm having problems setting up the directory.  In the docker settungs I have set /mnt to /mnt/user/Books/ and then in Ubooquity admin set the shared directory to /mnt/user/Books/ but get:

Tried adding an Authorized User as well but just keep getting the message above.  What am I doing wrong?

When you tell the container that /mnt is pointing to /mnt/user/Books in unraid then the container will see the contents of /mnt/user/Books under /mnt. In other words, in ubooquity you should set the share location of your books to just /mnt because you've already told the container that /mnt is pointing to /mnt/user/Books and ubooquity will see all of your content under /mnt. Does that make sense?

If you wanted you could set /mnt to /mnt when creating the docker and then in ubooquity you would have to specify the full path. But the ubooquity container would also be able to see everything which I guess could be less secure. Especially if you expose ubooquity to the internets.

When you tell the container that /mnt is pointing to /mnt/user/Books in unraid then the container will see the contents of /mnt/user/Books under /mnt. In other words, in ubooquity you should set the share location of your books to just /mnt because you've already told the container that /mnt is pointing to /mnt/user/Books and ubooquity will see all of your content under /mnt. Does that make sense?

If you wanted you could set /mnt to /mnt when creating the docker and then in ubooquity you would have to specify the full path. But the ubooquity container would also be able to see everything which I guess could be less secure. Especially if you expose ubooquity to the internets.

Worked perfectly!  Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I installed the docker, and can access via browser.

Attempting to use Chunky comic reader on my ipad I get a connection error when I try to add a odps/calibre/Ubooquity server at 10.10.10.112:8086 .  Using that same address in the webpage section of chunky works.

Chunkys FAQ says to enable ODPS in Ubooquity's advanced settings page, but I don't see that option listed.

In my docker setting page 8085 is routed to 8086

• 4 weeks later...

I"m having an issue with the Raw section, books and comics work fine

i added a -v /media/raw:/raw  when I started the container

When i add /raw in the admin page it works, but i cant see anything except

../ 

raw

in that section

That doesn't seem like a valid host path for unRAID. Are you trying to start this from the command line instead of the docker page in the GUI?

Sorry,  it's running on a mint box,  this is the only place I Googled that had any real good discussion on these containers, that's how I ended up here.  I've found alot of other useful docker info that has helped me on these forums.

Was just hoping someone else had an issue with the raw section and noticed something I've missed.  I'll try the main ubooquity page also.

i honestly thought it would show everything in the directory, but i could be wrong, i will try on another server i have the same container running and see what happens

found this in the clogs/Ubooquity.log

File not found: /config/\raw\

found this finally, doesn't look like it has been fixed yet

http://ubooquity.userecho.com/topic/712467-directories-for-raw-files-are-mangled-with-backslashes/