SATA card for PCIe 2.0 x1 slot with 8 ports (or at least 4)

I too am having issues with the Marvel 88SE9215 chipset card. Similar story, the two drives I plugged into it did not show up on my array, marked as invalid. Had to plug them back into the normal SATA ports on the motherboard and reconstruct the drive for it to work again. Afraid to try it again.

• 2 years later...
On 3/1/2019 at 7:56 PM, grtgbln said:

I too am having issues with the Marvel 88SE9215 chipset card. Similar story, the two drives I plugged into it did not show up on my array, marked as invalid. Had to plug them back into the normal SATA ports on the motherboard and reconstruct the drive for it to work again. Afraid to try it again.

any update with your problem? I have to buy a Marvell 88SE9215 due to budget constraints.

18 hours ago, AguaraGuazu said:

any update with your problem? I have to buy a Marvell 88SE9215 due to budget constraints.

Oh wow, this is a blast from the past.

IIRC, the Marvel card ended up not being a supported RAID card for Unraid. I got a Dell PERC H200 (flashed to IT Mode) instead, which I highly recommend.