Comparing the Linux and Windows consoles

Well I've obviously bitten off more than I could chew with this one.  I started an article hoping to help other users, mainly Windows users, better understand the differences between Linux and Windows/DOS, at least from a console viewpoint.  In particular, it would help someone comfortable in DOS 'make the leap' to working at the Linux command prompt.  Here is my beginning effort, in the FAQ:

How is a Linux console different from a Windows console?

I *think* it is about half to 2/3rds done, but keeps growing...  And I realize now that it would have been better if someone who was very proficient with both Linux and Windows had written it, someone with more Linux experience than I have.  I also suspect that there are probably some very good articles about this already out there, but I thought it might be good to have one that was tailored to new unRAID users, with examples that were directly related to unRAID.

I would REALLY like to hear from the more knowledgeable Linux users (JoeL? WeeboTech? BubbaQ? and others too), what needs to be corrected, what terminology is wrong, what else needs to be covered, what needs to be written better and clearer, etc.  I'm not trying to cover the whole subject, just help people get started.  And I would really like links to great articles on this subject, for further reading, for myself and for other users.

Feel free to edit away, or tell me here what it needs.

By the way (while I have you!), I need someone to fact-check/verify/confirm the following entries, as they really *have* to be accurate:

* How is unRAID licensed?

* What is the difference between the unRAID licenses? - a table comparing the features of the 3 unRAID licenses

* Minimum System Requirements?