unRAID and iTunes

I searched but could not find something that exactly matches my query.

So I have replaced a WHS at a client's with an unRAID server. The client had his music on the WHS and the music folders from the server were added to the music library on iTunes on their Mac. Now with the new unRAID server how do I get the customer to be able to retain the playlists? Right now he says he gets an error saying the file could not be found. Assuming the music folder and subfolder structure hasnt changed, will this be as simple as pointing iTunes to the new location?

I searched but could not find something that exactly matches my query.

So I have replaced a WHS at a client's with an unRAID server. The client had his music on the WHS and the music folders from the server were added to the music library on iTunes on their Mac. Now with the new unRAID server how do I get the customer to be able to retain the playlists? Right now he says he gets an error saying the file could not be found. Assuming the music folder and subfolder structure hasnt changed, will this be as simple as pointing iTunes to the new location?

Yes, yes it is that simple. I am currently doing just that.

I have a PC, running Win7, with iTunes installed. I call this computer my "Media PC". The share for iTunes is mounted, and it is pointed to that folder for it's source. You can actually point multiple PC's to this folder/share, but make sure they are all running the same version of iTunes, or they can conflict.

I use this in conjunction with several Apple Airport Routers to play music throughout the house. All run through the single PC, and outputting to different locations.

It's been working flawlessly for several years.

Bruce