ECC or Non ECC ram for the supermicro C2SEE

kinktao

Hi,

I bought the supermicro C2SEE motherboard based on the suggestion on this website. What type or ram should I get for this motherboard?

Should I get the 1333 or the 1066? Does anyone know what kind they use on the prebuilt system?

Thanks for the help.

Hi,

I bought the supermicro C2SEE motherboard based on the suggestion on this website. What type or ram should I get for this motherboard?

Should I get the 1333 or the 1066? Does anyone know what kind they use on the prebuilt system?

Thanks for the help.

Get a good name memory (I like the G-Skill).  Look closely at the reviews on Newegg and find RAM that has high ratings.  Do not try to buy high performance RAM.  It would take some effort to set up right and yield no meaningful performance improvement in a file server.  All things being equal, I'd tend to go for the cheaper price.  The difference between 1066 memory and 1333 memory is tiny, and you'll never notice the difference with a file server application.

ECC RAM tends to be quite pricey.  I'd just go with regular RAM, but plan to give it a good memory test to make sure it is reliable.

Archived