unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta12-x86_64 Available

limetech

My first real issue...

I just tried my first parity check and everything has become unresponsive...

No WebUI

Cannot access shares (including the flash)

No SSH

unraid IP is not pingable

My only way in is via IPMI but there is no console output (think may be due to my VMs taking ownership when they are started...seabios).

My only option is to hard power down via IPMI and bring it back online.

John

EDIT:  I'm going to take this into the support forum...http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=36607.msg340213#msg340213

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is "dockerMan"?

I have "Docker Manager" in my Plugins. Is that the same thing?

You might already know this by now but a few posts down I ask the same question, and the answer is "Yes"  it is the same.  Be prepared to reboot after, because the docker page will be messed up until a reboot.

What is "dockerMan"?

You might already know this by now but a few posts down I ask the same question, and the answer is "Yes"  it is the same.  Be prepared to reboot after, because the docker page will be messed up until a reboot.

That needs to be amended in the he first post, then, as that's not what it's called.

updated today, most seems good so far, love the dashboard/webgui design.

one weird thing i have noticed is the dashboard reads that i am using 97% of my ram at all times.

no matter what i do it sits at 97%, really bizzare. it can't be accurate, system is perfectly responsive

anyone else got this?

http://www.linuxatemyram.com

thanks  ::)

love dummy explanations , suit me perfectly :D

If you had the dockerMan plugin installed manually from a previous beta, please remove this plugin before upgrading to beta 12.  This can be done from the "Plugins" page on the webGui.

What is "dockerMan"?

Remove that plugin (Docker Manager = dockerMan).  It is not necessary for beta 12 as Docker is built-in as a part of the Dynamix webGui now.

any word on the unpopulated dashboard when the array is running, but populated when stopped?

Still looking into this issue.  We have made a number of changes to the code this week so far.  There was already an updated webGui pushed to github on 12/1 so check for updates on the plugins page should show that and let you update to that version.  We'll push more fixes soon.  Keep in mind that when working on fixes, aesthetic things come second to major issues like system hangs and functional problems, so things like this may take a little longer, not because they are hard to fix, but because they don't stop you from making use of the system.

any word on the unpopulated dashboard when the array is running, but populated when stopped?

Still looking into this issue.  We have made a number of changes to the code this week so far.  There was already an updated webGui pushed to github on 12/1 so check for updates on the plugins page should show that and let you update to that version.  We'll push more fixes soon.  Keep in mind that when working on fixes, aesthetic things come second to major issues like system hangs and functional problems, so things like this may take a little longer, not because they are hard to fix, but because they don't stop you from making use of the system.

i have installed the latest, still have the same issue, i understand and agree that cosmetics come second.

Installed the 6.0-beta12 just now.

CPU speed says 2900 (max) just about all the time. Not using XEN or KVM.  Just idling.

When I tried some code someone posted earlier in this thread to check the CPU

watch -n .5 grep \"cpu MHz\" /proc/cpuinfo

it appears that the CPU cores are actually running at that frequency. 

This seems to be a problem, but I am also not skilled in Linux so maybe I just don't know what I should be seeing.

i have installed the latest, still have the same issue, i understand and agree that cosmetics come second.

FYI - I have installed the latest updates as well, still same issue to report.

Finally also a feedback from my side: no issues with the upgrade after having removed dockerMan.

This is a terrific upgrade that is providing a great user experience. Thanks to Limetech and to Bergware, dmacias72, WeeboTech, dlandon, gfjardim and others for the great plugins that are now integrated. Dashboard, Stats and all that .... WOW !!!

Only minor issues that I have noticed and that might be solved in the respective threads:

unRAID main server

Dynamix System Temperature is showing: ##?°C (solved by correcting sensors.conf and reinstalling the plugin)

I pushed the power button yesterday and the server came up with a parity check today (Powerdown 2.13 installed)

KVM Passthrough: I/O error on the BluRay drive under Windows 7 & 8 (the drive is visible but doesn't work properly)

unRAID test&backup server

I've installed the S3 sleep plugin but no sleep button is shown on the Array Operation tab (solved with a reinstall of the plugin)

KVM Passthrough: I/O error on the DVD drive under Windows 8 (the drive is visible but doesn't work properly)

xenpm get-cpufreq-states | grep "current"

Is the correct way to get cpu freq under xen.

I saw that as well but I suppose I'm confused here because I didn't think I was using xen.  My desired configuration is to use vanilla Unraid without vitalization. 

Treat me like a total noob here, I'm really a later comer to the Linux bandwagon and learning the ropes as I go.

So maybe I just have a total misunderstanding of how Unraid works, but I thought xen with unraid 6 in dom0 was a option not the default?

If you take the default menu option then KVM is the virtualization support that is currently loaded.  There is a boot menu option to select Xen instead.  Note that neither means you actually have to run VM's - just that the facility is there.  In both cases docker support is loaded as well.

At the moment it is not possible to boot without one of the KVM or Xen options being enabled although there has been a suggestion that a 'lite' boot option that has docker support but not KVM or Xen might be provided for those who are not interested in VM's.

Hi there, i have a Problem with the webinterface. I installed the beta12 and everything worked fine. Now i installed the s3 sleep plugin. I pasted this link in the install box and clicked install: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.s3.sleep.plg

The installation went through. But now i have only text and in the web gui. I restarted the server and deleted the s3.sleep plugin from /boot/config/plugins Reboot again. The plugin doesn't show up anymore, but the webinterface is still crap. With chrome and internet explorer.