unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta12-x86_64 Available

limetech

Hi there, i have a Problem with the webinterface. I installed the beta12 and everything worked fine. Now i installed the s3 sleep plugin. I pasted this link in the install box and clicked install: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.s3.sleep.plg

The installation went through. But now i have only text and in the web gui. I restarted the server and deleted the s3.sleep plugin from /boot/config/plugins Reboot again. The plugin doesn't show up anymore, but the webinterface is still crap. With chrome and internet explorer.

Post your issue here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=36543.0

Try clearing your IE and Chrome cache.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But do you actually get emails other than the test one?  I have had corruption, my server crash, parity checks started/cpmpleted/canceled, etc. and I have not received a single notification.

I get one telling me SNAP started.  That's the the only one other than the test one I've gotten

I set the threshold for the drive temperature to be 10 degrees.  I didn't get an email, but didn't have it set to email and browser.  When i set it to email and browser and reset the temperature to 45 i git an email saying the temperature had returned to normal....  still have more testing to do however

I pulled a drive from my hot swap bay to simulate a failure and I didn't get a notification until after I logged in to the webGui and it fired the in-browser notification. From what I've heard the new notification system is also new to Dynamix and is event-driven. My guess is they are still working out kinks in the system.

You might have been to fast and if the drive was sleeping it might take a little longer to notice.

Do you have a log file?

I gave it about 5 minutes or so. Immediately upon hitting the web UI I was notified. Same thing happens with Parity builds. I had rebuilt parity a day or so after updating and it finished overnight. Didn't get a notification until I logged in to the webUi in the morning which then kicked off the email.

I have been getting emails when I forced a failure.  I have the notification type set under settings to be email only - I wonder if it could be an issue if you have this option set differently.

I was thinking that too. I'm going to change that and try again. I don't really have a huge need for both at this point anyway. It will be nice long term, but for now I can do email only.

If you take the default menu option then KVM is the virtualization support that is currently loaded.  There is a boot menu option to select Xen instead.  Note that neither means you actually have to run VM's - just that the facility is there.  In both cases docker support is loaded as well.

At the moment it is not possible to boot without one of the KVM or Xen options being enabled although there has been a suggestion that a 'lite' boot option that has docker support but not KVM or Xen might be provided for those who are not interested in VM's.

Good to know, didn't realize that was happening.  Been a while since I saw the boot menu.

So if I'm booting into Unraid with KVM support, how can I correctly check CPU speed?

For those of you having difficulty with the mail testing.

You can test manually in a terminal/telnet/ssh session by issuing the following command.

echo -e "Subject: Test Mail\n\n"  | sendmail -d [email protected](or whatever).

This puts sSMTP in visual debug mode so you can see what's going on.

Perhaps this needs to be a feature in the webGui configuration test screen.

I.E. if it ran in visual debug mode and piped it into logger, then a person can review syslog and see what went wrong.

This should probably be a standard thing in the test button, or at least a checkbox to enable logging to syslog or better yet a pop up window.

FOLKS, Don't post this data to the forum without removing the AUTH LOGIN data since that can be captured and used to gain entry to your mail account, this is purely for your own review to see what's going on.

If you need further help from the community, please post a support thread in the unRAID 6 General support area.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?board=71.0

I.E. if it ran in visual debug mode and piped it into logger, then a person can review syslog and see what went wrong.

This should probably be a standard thing in the test button, or at least a checkbox to enable logging to syslog for this.

I haven't tested this to see, but I'm pretty sure this would put the email and password in plain text into the log. I'm not a fan of this for obvious reasons. Piping it to a pop up window should be sufficient, and if people copy and paste their login credentials into the forum, it's on them.

I'm repeatedly dropping network in my DomU under this version.

name = "ubuntu"
bootloader = "pygrub"
#kernel = "/mnt/cache/VM/ubuntu/vmlinuz"
#ramdisk = "/mnt/cache/VM/ubuntu/initrd.gz"
memory = 4096
vcpus = '2'
disk = ['phy:/mnt/cache/VM/ubuntu/ubuntu.img,xvda,w',]
vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3e:aa:bb:cc,bridge=br0' ]
#extra = "debian-installer/exit/always_halt=true -- console=hvc0"

I'm very confused as to what could be causing it.  :/

EDIT LOGS:

Dec 4 23:19:10 maxi kernel: vif vif-2-0 vif2.0: Carrier off due to lack of guest response on queue 0
Dec 4 23:19:10 maxi kernel: br0: port 2(vif2.0) entered disabled state
Dec 4 23:19:10 maxi kernel: vif vif-2-0 vif2.0: Carrier on again
Dec 4 23:19:10 maxi kernel: br0: port 2(vif2.0) entered listening state
Dec 4 23:19:10 maxi kernel: br0: port 2(vif2.0) entered listening state
Dec 4 23:19:25 maxi kernel: br0: port 2(vif2.0) entered learning state
Dec 4 23:19:40 maxi kernel: br0: topology change detected, propagating
Dec 4 23:19:40 maxi kernel: br0: port 2(vif2.0) entered forwarding state
Dec 4 23:23:13 maxi kernel: vif vif-2-0 vif2.0: Carrier off due to lack of guest response on queue 0
Dec 4 23:23:13 maxi kernel: br0: port 2(vif2.0) entered disabled state
Dec 4 23:23:13 maxi kernel: vif vif-2-0 vif2.0: Carrier on again
Dec 4 23:23:13 maxi kernel: br0: port 2(vif2.0) entered listening state
Dec 4 23:23:13 maxi kernel: br0: port 2(vif2.0) entered listening state
Dec 4 23:23:28 maxi kernel: br0: port 2(vif2.0) entered learning state
Dec 4 23:23:43 maxi kernel: br0: topology change detected, propagating
Dec 4 23:23:43 maxi kernel: br0: port 2(vif2.0) entered forwarding state
Dec 4 23:25:02 maxi kernel: vif vif-2-0 vif2.0: Carrier off due to lack of guest response on queue 0
Dec 4 23:25:02 maxi kernel: br0: port 2(vif2.0) entered disabled state
Dec 4 23:25:02 maxi kernel: vif vif-2-0 vif2.0: Carrier on again
Dec 4 23:25:02 maxi kernel: br0: port 2(vif2.0) entered listening state
Dec 4 23:25:02 maxi kernel: br0: port 2(vif2.0) entered listening state
Dec 4 23:25:17 maxi kernel: br0: port 2(vif2.0) entered learning state
Dec 4 23:25:32 maxi kernel: br0: topology change detected, propagating
Dec 4 23:25:32 maxi kernel: br0: port 2(vif2.0) entered forwarding state
Dec 4 23:27:15 maxi kernel: vif vif-2-0 vif2.0: Carrier off due to lack of guest response on queue 0
Dec 4 23:27:15 maxi kernel: br0: port 2(vif2.0) entered disabled state
Dec 4 23:27:15 maxi kernel: vif vif-2-0 vif2.0: Carrier on again
Dec 4 23:27:15 maxi kernel: br0: port 2(vif2.0) entered listening state
Dec 4 23:27:15 maxi kernel: br0: port 2(vif2.0) entered listening state
Dec 4 23:27:30 maxi kernel: br0: port 2(vif2.0) entered learning state

Upgraded from 6.0-beta6 to 6.0-beta12. Really like the new GUI!  But... when reboot was complete, the array came up and I have a /mnt/user0 (in addition to /mnt/user) as well as a mover cron job installed - even though I may be one of the few out there without a cache drive. Is this expected behavior? None of my previous unraid installs did this (4.7 -> various incarnations of 5.x -> 6.0-beta1-6).  Upgrade process was the standard copy of bzroot/bzimage/xen/readme.txt to the root of flash drive, array shutdown and reboot of box.

Here is some pertinent info from the syslog as well as mount statement results:

Dec  5 06:26:41 Tower emhttp: shcmd (46): mkdir /mnt/user0

Dec  5 06:26:41 Tower emhttp: shcmd (47): /usr/local/sbin/shfs /mnt/user0 -disks 16777214 -o noatime,big_writes,allow_other  |& logger

Dec  5 06:26:41 Tower emhttp: shcmd (48): mkdir /mnt/user

Dec  5 06:26:41 Tower emhttp: shcmd (49): /usr/local/sbin/shfs /mnt/user -disks 16777215 2048000000 -o noatime,big_writes,allow_other -o remember=0  |& logger

Dec  5 06:26:41 Tower emhttp: shcmd (50): crontab -c /etc/cron.d - <<< "# Generated mover schedule:#01240 3 * * * /usr/local/sbin/mover |& logger"

root@Tower:~# mount

proc on /proc type proc (rw)

sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)

/dev/sda1 on /boot type vfat (rw,noatime,nodiratime,umask=0,shortname=mixed)

/dev/md1 on /mnt/disk1 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime,user_xattr,acl)

/dev/md2 on /mnt/disk2 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime,user_xattr,acl)

/dev/md3 on /mnt/disk3 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime,user_xattr,acl)

/dev/md4 on /mnt/disk4 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime,user_xattr,acl)

/dev/md5 on /mnt/disk5 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime,user_xattr,acl)

/dev/md6 on /mnt/disk6 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime,user_xattr,acl)

/dev/md7 on /mnt/disk7 type reiserfs (rw,noatime,nodiratime,user_xattr,acl)

shfs on /mnt/user0 type fuse.shfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,allow_other)

shfs on /mnt/user type fuse.shfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,allow_other)

Unraid Pro

System: ASRock - Z87 Extreme6

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-4340 CPU @ 3.60GHz

Memory: 8192 MB (max. 32 GB)

Network: eth0: 1000Mb/s - Full Duplex

Kernel: Linux 3.17.4-unRAID x86_64

SNAP won't stop (unmount the drive) if the drive is busy.

Not sure what would have been accessing it.  I stopped my VM and Docker.  Nothing was running.  I was trying to get it unmounted to run a fsck on it.  Wouldn't the manual way fail if it was busy as well?  /etc/rc.d/rc.snap stop ?

Have used beta 12 since released and Docker became unresponsive this evening.  This had happened before using beta 10 due to check sum issues so I did a scrub on the cache drive which in effect indicated that I didn't have a cache drive i.e., all lines indicated 0 (sorry didn't keep copy of output), I stopped the array and rebooted.  On reboot the cache drive showed as unformatted. The respective logs are attached (220522 showing drive errors, 221917 the reboot).  I reformatted the drive added docker and recovered drive data using Crashplan.  The dashboard indicates a thumbs up relative to Smart status for the drive.  Can it be determined from the logs if its a issue with the drive or perhaps something else.  Thanks.

syslog-220522.txt

syslog-221917.txt

I cannot stop webvirtman (KVM Manager) via Gui

I cannot unmount/stop SNAP via gui.

I was able to stop both via /etc/rc.d/rc.webvirtman stop  | rc.snap stop

There's a better plugin vmMan with a dynamix version stickied in the kvm section.  I updated the webvirtman anyway.  You'll probably have to hit f5 when you start it from the settings page.

Have used beta 12 since released and Docker became unresponsive this evening.  This had happened before using beta 10 due to check sum issues so I did a scrub on the cache drive which in effect indicated that I didn't have a cache drive i.e., all lines indicated 0 (sorry didn't keep copy of output), I stopped the array and rebooted.  On reboot the cache drive showed as unformatted. The respective logs are attached (220522 showing drive errors, 221917 the reboot).  I reformatted the drive added docker and recovered drive data using Crashplan.  The dashboard indicates a thumbs up relative to Smart status for the drive.  Can it be determined from the logs if its a issue with the drive or perhaps something else.  Thanks.

There are no drive errors present, but the first syslog piece does show a btrfs crash, on the Cache drive (the SSD, sdi1).  It apparently resulted in or was caused by btrfs file system corruption on that drive, so you will need to run the appropriate file system checker on it to fix that.  On reboot, second syslog shows that when it attempted to mount the Cache drive, file system corruption was immediately detected and caused another crash, and failed the mount (a mount failure), resulting in the drive appearing with no file system and showing as unformatted.

Tom has worked on this, but it appears more work is needed, to make sure that mount failures do not result in drives wrongly appearing unformatted.