unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta12-x86_64 Available

limetech

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have asked several times and got no responce, is it possible to set a size limit for a user share? Like you can with a timemachine share

No it is not.

If you really need it for something specific you could fake it by limiting that one share to one physical disk and using a disk that has only a limited amount of free space..

it's a small 2 disk system 1 parity and 1 data, board only has 2 sata connectors. it is used for time machine backups, and has 2 user shares for storage...i am trying to set a size limit for the 2 user shares

(Sorry have to say )

You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.

The Dynamatrix a hem " dynamix"

Lol!  Funny trailer with the matrix music in the works!!  J/K!!!

Just noticed, in the Plugin Manger in 6b10 there as the option to delete stale plugins (old versions which were archived from updates) that doesn't seem to be the case in 6b12?

Any thoughts on adding this functionality back in?

Also similarly O&S updates done via the plugin manager tab are archived on the flash as well, anyway we could have an option to remove those under a stale plugin / O&S listing in the plugin manager? I don't think this ever existed even in 6b10.

It's not difficult to delete them from the flash drive, but I've been doing that by first enabling SMB sharing of the Flash and then deleting the files, then disabling SMB sharing... and would prefer something more native to the webgui.

Just ignore them.  They don't hurt anything.

You are not wrong. They don't do anything, they also don't take up a lot of space. It's more an expectation of mine that if I can click update / install and add files to my flashdrive via the webgui, I'd like to be able to remove / delete old files via the webgui. I wouldn't even have noticed this at all if the functionality didn't exist in beta610 (and prior to that I think).  It isn't a big deal, but that's also why I am surprised this feature went missing, as it doesn't seem hard to implement either.

A couple of additional thoughts on plugins.

Does the status check run on first boot? Based on what I've seen it seems statuses for plugins are all "unknown" after a restart / power-up until I first go to the webgui plugins tab and hit check for updates. Would it be possible / make sense for this to run once when unRaid boots? That would seem just a little more user friendly.

Additionally, plugins are moving to being installed via the plugin tab, which is great, but what was a little counter intuitive to me way back when I first started using unRaid was that I didn't go to the plugins tab to check on the status / settings of my plugins.  Update status is contained on the plugins tab, but why couldn't the plugin name / image be the link to that plugin's specific page? Wouldn't that be more intuitive to new users?

Just ignore them.  They don't hurt anything.

You are not wrong. They don't do anything, they also don't take up a lot of space. It's more an expectation of mine that if I can click update / install and add files to my flashdrive via the webgui, I'd like to be able to remove / delete old files via the webgui. I wouldn't even have noticed this at all if the functionality didn't exist in beta610 (and prior to that I think).  It isn't a big deal, but that's also why I am surprised this feature went missing, as it doesn't seem hard to implement either.

Huh? What? I just deleted my stale plugins via the webgui. Or are you talking about something else?

Huh? What? I just deleted my stale plugins via the webgui. Or are you talking about something else?

I also just deleted my stale plugins via the webGUI.  After deleting the last one, the tab showing stale plugins also disappeared.  The folder called "plugins-stale" remains, but is now empty.

Same here ... but what I don't see is any maintenance facility for plugins-error or plugins-removed.

I also just deleted my stale plugins via the webGUI.  After deleting the last one, the tab showing stale plugins also disappeared.  The folder called "plugins-stale" remains, but is now empty.

Ah ha, that's the issue. I was expecting them to show up like they did before and now they are on a new tab that I must have over looked. I'll check later and verify that it was just an oversight on my part. Will / should stale O&S's show up in this location too?

Unable to boot xen

Failed to load libcom32.c32

Failed to load COM32 file /syslinux/mboot.c32

boot:

same error here  fresh download, fresh install, multiple drives that unraid 6 worked on before

I did a fresh install of beta 12 and when i try to boot with xen/unraid os option

i get an error

And it reboot after that.

Please download the attached zip and extract it to your flash drive's /syslinux/ folder.  It contains the missing libcom32.c32 file which will be included in the next beta release.

libcom32.c32.zip

I keep getting emails with this:

error: skipping "/var/log/docker.log" because parent directory has insecure permissions (It's world writable or writable by group which is not "root") Set "su" directive in config file to tell logrotate which user/group should be used for rotation.
error: skipping "/var/log/syslog" because parent directory has insecure permissions (It's world writable or writable by group which is not "root") Set "su" directive in config file to tell logrotate which user/group should be used for rotation.
error: skipping "/var/log/vsftpd.log" because parent directory has insecure permissions (It's world writable or writable by group which is not "root") Set "su" directive in config file to tell logrotate which user/group should be used for rotation.
error: skipping "/var/log/wtmp" because parent directory has insecure permissions (It's world writable or writable by group which is not "root") Set "su" directive in config file to tell logrotate which user/group should be used for rotation.
error: skipping "/var/log/btmp" because parent directory has insecure permissions (It's world writable or writable by group which is not "root") Set "su" directive in config file to tell logrotate which user/group should be used for rotation.

It was mentioned by others earlier in the thread.  Is there a fix?  Thanks.

Sorry if this has been asked.  I have been trying to keep up with this thread but have failed.  :S

I have a cache drive but do not use it for caching:

IGRYjI4.png]

Why do I have a "Move now" button on the Array Operation tab?

qHPBt4P.png

Looks like a bug we need to fix...

I'll throw this out there...

The fact that this button is visible to users who are not using a cache drive for actual caching purposes, is it possible that unraid thinks that caching is indeed enabled and the mover is therefore also enabled and running on a schedule?

The reason I ask is what would this do to docket configs and VMs stored on the cache drive?  Would unraid try to manipulate them is some way when the mover starts?

John