unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta12-x86_64 Available

limetech

Upgraded from 6.0-beta6 to 6.0-beta12. Really like the new GUI!  But... when reboot was complete, the array came up and I have a /mnt/user0 (in addition to /mnt/user) as well as a mover cron job installed - even though I may be one of the few out there without a cache drive. Is this expected behavior? None of my previous unraid installs did this (4.7 -> various incarnations of 5.x -> 6.0-beta1-6).  Upgrade process was the standard copy of bzroot/bzimage/xen/readme.txt to the root of flash drive, array shutdown and reboot of box.

Here is some pertinent info from the syslog as well as mount statement results:

Dec  5 06:26:41 Tower emhttp: shcmd (46): mkdir /mnt/user0

Dec  5 06:26:41 Tower emhttp: shcmd (47): /usr/local/sbin/shfs /mnt/user0 -disks 16777214 -o noatime,big_writes,allow_other  |& logger

Dec  5 06:26:41 Tower emhttp: shcmd (48): mkdir /mnt/user

Dec  5 06:26:41 Tower emhttp: shcmd (49): /usr/local/sbin/shfs /mnt/user -disks 16777215 2048000000 -o noatime,big_writes,allow_other -o remember=0  |& logger

Dec  5 06:26:41 Tower emhttp: shcmd (50): crontab -c /etc/cron.d - <<< "# Generated mover schedule:#01240 3 * * * /usr/local/sbin/mover |& logger"

The folders user and user0 are part of the User Share system, not directly related to the Cache drive.  They are created and filled if User Shares are enabled.  Can you check your settings for User Shares and see if the update somehow turned that switch on?  If so, just turn it off, and that should eliminate the creation of those user folders.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I, personally, think that we need some type of information on the changes that are being made to plugins when they are updated on the 'Plugins' page.  This will allow the persons who are having issues to determine if an issue has been addressed.  If an issue has been addressed, the user can then test to verify that his issues have been resolved.

I, personally, think that we need some type of information on the changes that are being made to plugins when they are updated on the 'Plugins' page.  This will allow the persons who are having issues to determine if an issue has been addressed.  If an issue has been addressed, the user can then test to verify that his issues have been resolved.

I had thought of that too. Adding release info to the readme.md but haven't done it.

I had thought of that too. Adding release info to the readme.md but haven't done it.

Is this something that is presented to user when the update is installed?  Ver 5.X Dynamix presents a 'pop-up' when a update is installed that shows the changes made.  When this is not completely ideal (A link to all changes to that plugin would be preferred), it is certainly better than nothing. 

Got a new email last night.  Got it while watching a movie via plex.  It came in some time in the middle of the movie.  I have no idea what it means.  Anyone?

cron for user root /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1 & 1>/dev/null 2>&1

Console and webGui login account <[email protected]> Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 11:46 PM
To: root
Bcc: [email protected]
/usr/lib/sa/sa1: line 20: .: /etc/sysstat: is a directory

It's Dynamix stats. It's being worked on.

Got a new email last night.  Got it while watching a movie via plex.  It came in some time in the middle of the movie.  I have no idea what it means.  Anyone?

cron for user root /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1 & 1>/dev/null 2>&1

Console and webGui login account <[email protected]> Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 11:46 PM
To: root
Bcc: [email protected]
/usr/lib/sa/sa1: line 20: .: /etc/sysstat: is a directory

It's Dynamix stats. It's being worked on.

Thanks!  I thought it meant someone had tried or had gain access to my unraid tower.  :D

Is this something that is presented to user when the update is installed?  Ver 5.X Dynamix presents a 'pop-up' when a update is installed that shows the changes made.  When this is not completely ideal (A link to all changes to that plugin would be preferred), it is certainly better than nothing.

The readme.md is the description you see on the plugin page but on second thought that would only change after update. But maybe a link could be included to the forum page with revision history.

Eric and I have been discussing this as well. This is definitely a feature request for us to implement a method to display release notes for software updates that have yet to be applied through the webgui.  Is this a good idea?  Yes.  Does it need to be there for us to release 6.0?  No.

Please post this as a feature request though so it gets added to the list.

Eric and I have been discussing this as well. This is definitely a feature request for us to implement a method to display release notes for software updates that have yet to be applied through the webgui.  Is this a good idea?  Yes.  Does it need to be there for us to release 6.0?  No.

I posted this in the roadmap section last Tuesday (I believe it's the same idea) : http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=36588.0

I posted this in the roadmap section last Tuesday (I believe it's the same idea) : http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=36588.0

Perfect!  Thanks Arch!

I did a fresh install of beta 12 and when i try to boot with xen/unraid os option

i get an error

Failed to load libcom32.c32
Failed to load COM32 file /syslinux/mboot.c32

And it reboot after that.

I had the same problem on 2 of my flash drives. I posted a defect report already. See here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=36643.0

Use your syslinux folder from unRAID 6b10a.

Gary

I did a fresh install of beta 12 and when i try to boot with xen/unraid os option

i get an error

Failed to load libcom32.c32
Failed to load COM32 file /syslinux/mboot.c32

And it reboot after that.

Unplug your flash device, plug it into a mac or pc and re run make bootable.

This is because you didn't follow the upgrade process exactly and overwrote your syslinux directory.

I have asked several times and got no responce, is it possible to set a size limit for a user share? Like you can with a timemachine share

No it is not.

If you really need it for something specific you could fake it by limiting that one share to one physical disk and using a disk that has only a limited amount of free space..

Is it possible to load the Web GUI without any Dynamix add-ons?

Boot up and select a boot option with no plugins.

Is Dynamix still a plugin?

Will other plugins like sabnzbd serviio and others keep working that way?

Will support for UPS's still work even without Dynamix.

UPS support and on-line SMART functionality should be integrated in unraid even without Dynamix or any other add-on.

It would be even nicer that when a SMART attribute gets critical the user is warned on the WEBGUI.

And if the inclusion of Dynamix causes any instabilities I rather be without it.

Is it possible to load the Web GUI without any Dynamix add-ons?

Boot up and select a boot option with no plugins.

Is Dynamix still a plugin?

Will other plugins like sabnzbd serviio and others keep working that way?

Will support for UPS's still work even without Dynamix.

UPS support and on-line SMART functionality should be integrated in unraid even without Dynamix or any other add-on.

It would be even nicer that when a SMART attribute gets critical the user is warned on the WEBGUI.

And if the inclusion of Dynamix causes any instabilities I rather be without it.

Dynamix is built in and is the default webgui.

Some plugins need an update.

The apsupcd plugin has been updated and works with v6b12.  It is planned on being included in the unRAID os.

SMART support is built into dynamix now and notifications will be generated.  The notifications are still being worked on, but many are already built in.

Dynamix is very stable.

Heck let's make it even simpler. Like the spoon, there is no dynamix. There is only an update to the stock, oem, included, default, UI. It just happens to look like the dynamix plug-in of yore.

[whisper]Of course that is because it uses the same code as dynamix[/whisper]

[loudly] But There Is No Dynamix Plug In[/loudly]