Dynamix - V6 Plugins

19 hours ago, SiteAssemble said:

Oh I see what you mean. Yeah, it's probably looping through the array of devices, the first index being zero. Glad you got it working.

@SiteAssemble  ya who knows.. i also asked to see if there was a way to get fans to run for motherboard individual Sata SSDs,nvmes, Cahce drives, or cpu.. like a straight copy of the array fan speed control.. which the info says system temperatures.. so its not desciptivie right either..  but doesnt look  like i gonna get help... so i just try to odd ball things if i knew how to right unraid plugins..   id write the fan control so  the array 1-7 pwm controlling options are duplicated for all unassigned drives all cache devices.  so that when the cache drives or motherboard over heat  where the array is shut off  that the fans will run...  i kinda  got it kinda working  i only able to do 1 of the 2 exhaust fans i excluded from the array fans  so it reads temps  of just the cache drives. and excludes all the array.. i wanted near silent but doesnt look like it happen   come winter when the computer is running 5c degrees  will the fans be shut off always lol

for now i not getting what i need  so i jsut deal with it

@SiteAssemble  well it didnt last long... ugh.. had a 7 Count for Air Flow   i labeled them doing 1 at a time

but now she buggered up.. the 3 Air Flow fans dont even match anymore

rear fan left pwm1   is actually Chipset Cooling

cpu pwm2   i not sure what that one is now

i guessing Drives Intake

anddrives instake pwm3  is actually    CPU Fan

there gotta be a way to hard code it..  it just decides to turn on and off itself as it feels like it

air flow keeping the 7 fan count is not constant..  i tried enabling  all the fans pwms  in the fan speed array..   just enabled

go figure

actually they arent the right speeds either.. it seems to be picking up fan speeds  from the rear fan  for drives instake pwm3  

its just like you mentioned its looping.. its not picking correct  Fans  its just picking random fans and choosing the wrong ones whatever kinda comes first.. not fan1 =pwm1      if pwm6 fires up thats fan0   i been noticing..   so i never know what is the actual fan running  lol grr

array fan issue.PNG

Edited by comet424
38 minutes ago, comet424 said:

@SiteAssemble  well it didnt last long... ugh.. had a 7 Count for Air Flow   i labeled them doing 1 at a time

but now she buggered up.. the 3 Air Flow fans dont even match anymore

rear fan left pwm1   is actually Chipset Cooling

cpu pwm2   i not sure what that one is now

i guessing Drives Intake

anddrives instake pwm3  is actually    CPU Fan

there gotta be a way to hard code it..  it just decides to turn on and off itself as it feels like it

air flow keeping the 7 fan count is not constant..  i tried enabling  all the fans pwms  in the fan speed array..   just enabled

go figure

actually they arent the right speeds either.. it seems to be picking up fan speeds  from the rear fan  for drives instake pwm3  

its just like you mentioned its looping.. its not picking correct  Fans  its just picking random fans and choosing the wrong ones whatever kinda comes first.. not fan1 =pwm1      if pwm6 fires up thats fan0   i been noticing..   so i never know what is the actual fan running  lol grr

array fan issue.PNG

Do this... go to Settings > System Temp - check the 'Array fan speed' selector.  If all of the fans aren't showing in that select list, then it'll mess up the fan list in the dashboard.

The way to fix this (at least in my case) is to make sure all fans are spinning (you can do this by disabling all autofan PWM controllers, or during the few seconds all the fans are spinning when you make a settings change in autofan), then refresh the System Temp page and toggle off all the fans listed (they should all be listed while they're all spinning).

It's a bit of a quirk, but I found that if you made changes to the Array Fan Speed list when any fans weren't spinning, it would modify the fan list in the dashboard.  PM me if this doesn't work.

Hi all, I have a Terramaster F5-221 server running unraid, and I can't get fan control to work.  Basically my fans have to be on all the time ("Full on" in bios" otherwise they are completely off regardless of temperatures.  (other options in BIOS are "automatic" and "PWM manually").

I've installed PERL, dynamix fan control and dynamic system temp.  In fan control is disabled and there is no fan controller detected.

I've run sensors-detect from the console and this is what I get:

root@Tower:~# sensors_detect
-bash: sensors_detect: command not found
root@Tower:~# sensors-detect
# sensors-detect version 3.6.0
# System: retsamarret 000-F5221-FBA002-0001 [Default string]
# Board: retsamarret Default string
# Kernel: 4.19.107-Unraid x86_64
# Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU J3355 @ 2.00GHz (6/92/9)

This program will help you determine which kernel modules you need
to load to use lm_sensors most effectively. It is generally safe
and recommended to accept the default answers to all questions,
unless you know what you're doing.

Some south bridges, CPUs or memory controllers contain embedded sensors.
Do you want to scan for them? This is totally safe. (YES/no): YES
Silicon Integrated Systems SIS5595...                       No
VIA VT82C686 Integrated Sensors...                          No
VIA VT8231 Integrated Sensors...                            No
AMD K8 thermal sensors...                                   No
AMD Family 10h thermal sensors...                           No
AMD Family 11h thermal sensors...                           No
AMD Family 12h and 14h thermal sensors...                   No
AMD Family 15h thermal sensors...                           No
AMD Family 16h thermal sensors...                           No
AMD Family 17h thermal sensors...                           No
AMD Family 15h power sensors...                             No
AMD Family 16h power sensors...                             No
Hygon Family 18h thermal sensors...                         No
Intel digital thermal sensor...                             Success!
    (driver `coretemp')
Intel AMB FB-DIMM thermal sensor...                         No
Intel 5500/5520/X58 thermal sensor...                       No
VIA C7 thermal sensor...                                    No
VIA Nano thermal sensor...                                  No

Some Super I/O chips contain embedded sensors. We have to write to
standard I/O ports to probe them. This is usually safe.
Do you want to scan for Super I/O sensors? (YES/no): YES
Probing for Super-I/O at 0x2e/0x2f
Trying family `National Semiconductor/ITE'...               No
Trying family `SMSC'...                                     No
Trying family `VIA/Winbond/Nuvoton/Fintek'...               No
Trying family `ITE'...                                      Yes
Found `ITE IT8613E Super IO Sensors'                        Success!
    (address 0xa20, driver `to-be-written')
Probing for Super-I/O at 0x4e/0x4f
Trying family `National Semiconductor/ITE'...               No
Trying family `SMSC'...                                     No
Trying family `VIA/Winbond/Nuvoton/Fintek'...               No
Trying family `ITE'...                                      No

Some systems (mainly servers) implement IPMI, a set of common interfaces
through which system health data may be retrieved, amongst other things.
We first try to get the information from SMBIOS. If we don't find it
there, we have to read from arbitrary I/O ports to probe for such
interfaces. This is normally safe. Do you want to scan for IPMI
interfaces? (YES/no): YES
Probing for `IPMI BMC KCS' at 0xca0...                      No
Probing for `IPMI BMC SMIC' at 0xca8...                     No

Some hardware monitoring chips are accessible through the ISA I/O ports.
We have to write to arbitrary I/O ports to probe them. This is usually
safe though. Yes, you do have ISA I/O ports even if you do not have any
ISA slots! Do you want to scan the ISA I/O ports? (yes/NO): NO

Lastly, we can probe the I2C/SMBus adapters for connected hardware
monitoring devices. This is the most risky part, and while it works
reasonably well on most systems, it has been reported to cause trouble
on some systems.
Do you want to probe the I2C/SMBus adapters now? (YES/no): YES
Using driver `i2c-i801' for device 0000:00:1f.1: Broxton (SOC)
Module i2c-dev loaded successfully.

Next adapter: SMBus I801 adapter at f040 (i2c-0)
Do you want to scan it? (yes/NO/selectively): NO

Now follows a summary of the probes I have just done.
Just press ENTER to continue: 

Driver `coretemp':
  * Chip `Intel digital thermal sensor' (confidence: 9)

Driver `to-be-written':
  * ISA bus, address 0xa20
    Chip `ITE IT8613E Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

Note: there is no driver for ITE IT8613E Super IO Sensors yet.
Check https://hwmon.wiki.kernel.org/device_support_status for updates.

Do you want to generate /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors? (yes/NO): YES
Copy prog/init/lm_sensors.init to /etc/init.d/lm_sensors
for initialization at boot time.
You should now start the lm_sensors service to load the required
kernel modules.

Unloading i2c-dev... OK

root@Tower:~# 

Help!  The fan noise is driving me up the wall now as the server is in my home office.

@SiteAssemble  ok ill email you later

but are you finding  the Fans are running  when they should be shut off??

it was working  but Fans are spinning 2 exhaust at like 80%.. 

when i plugged an unnassigned drive in the 2nd nvme slot..   i can not turn it on and off at the moment..

gonnna try to disable then re enable the fans to see if it fixs it but fan control is spinning all the fans even though the temperatures arent at the min  setting.. its messed 

@SiteAssemble figure it out.. i dunno if they can fix it

fans were on Hwmon2    orginally  was on Hwmon1   but then i added and nvme.  and moved to hwmon2

now when i added ta 2nd  nvme  it moved fans  to Hwmon3  thats why it buggered it up i dunno why   nvme doesnt goto hwmon3

so thats why its buggering up

my fan control  needs a disclaimer..     each time you add a nvme  run  terminal run pwmconfig  and see what hwmon(x)    your fan moved to... this frustrating.. dunno why hwmon keeps moving

finally its quiet  i was getting frustrated and you forget these things

now only if they offered fan control for unassigned drives  be nice..  unassigned drives are over heating in the bays  cuz the array is off

but fans still come on when main page says the temps are not the minum speed so  i guess the plugin sees the temp before the main page does

Edited by comet424
56 minutes ago, comet424 said:

@SiteAssemble  ok ill email you later

but are you finding  the Fans are running  when they should be shut off??

it was working  but Fans are spinning 2 exhaust at like 80%.. 

when i plugged an unnassigned drive in the 2nd nvme slot..   i can not turn it on and off at the moment..

gonnna try to disable then re enable the fans to see if it fixs it but fan control is spinning all the fans even though the temperatures arent at the min  setting.. its messed 

AutoFan works perfectly for me, but it took some work to get it to work just right. Truth is that each system is unique so you need to be patient and keep trying, but accept the fact that there's always a possibility that you will not be able to control every fan header. I have two headers that seem to be tied together when I try to use AutoFan to control them, so I just let the BIOS settings control those. Lastly, I'm using all Noctua PWMs which work better for my setup than the stock fans. I have no unassigned devices so can't speak to that.

@SiteAssemble   ah ok.. ya i run  for my 3 intake fans on a Y..  they are noctura industrial 3000 rpm fans..  then the 2 fans cpu and the chipset fan.. and then my 2 exhaust fans are 6000 rpm fans.. my bios sets all the fans to manual  so it wont ever come on except for unraid telling it too..  supposedly lol..

but comes on  when i dunno.. i cant tell  why its coming on  unless the main page is slow reading the temperatures where the fan control reads the temperature  more often  i dunno 

How to keep plugin status S3 Sleep enabled after reboot or cold boot? It does only stays enabled the setting if you don't reboot the server.

Currently, it always boots in disabled status, despite having it configured to execute sleep.

cat /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/dynamix.s3.sleep.cfg
options="-C 1 -a -m 3 -n -e eth0 -N 1250 -l -w g -b /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/scripts/preRun -p /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/scripts/postRun -D 2"
service="1"
stopDay=""
stopHour=""
checkHDD="-a"
hdparm=""
timeout="3"
checkTCP="-n"
port="eth0"
idle="1250"
pingIP=""
login="-l"
setWol="g"
preRun="printf+%22%5Cn%24%28date+%2B%27%25F+%25T%27%29%22+%3E%3E+%2Fboot%2Fcustom%2Fsleep.csv"
postRun="printf+%22%2C%24%28date+%2B%27%25F+%25T%27%29%22+%3E%3E+%2Fboot%2Fcustom%2Fsleep.csv"
forceGb=""
dhcpRenew=""
debug="2"

I have no array configured because I'm currently evaluating Unraid.

setWol="g" gets lost after some reboot as well.

After some reboot, I have to configure set WOL before sleep to g, but after each reboot I have to start the plugin by change it from sleep to disabled and then from disabled to sleep again.

Is there a way to enable the plugin during boot?

Edited by Falcosc

I found the reason of both of my issues:

1. Sleep Plugin does only autostart if you have started an array because the startup is scripted in the file "disks_mounted"
  2. WOL options may get reset during PCI-E device order testing, maybe at on of my reboots it didn't found the nic or there is still an issue there. But didn't occur anymore on my host.

BUG : Dynamix System Buttons

Version : 6.9.1

Language : Chinese

Dynamix color theme : Azure

When I set the theme to Azure, the menu is not displayed after clicking the system button. I need to scroll down to see the menu, but the menu is not displayed completely.

bug-1.png

may a question what could cause this issue, there is a error message in the bottom on the main tab

Warning: file_get_contents(plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/Sleep.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/Translations.php on line 60

image.thumb.png.26a80553edac40e2186c6d546bb1a814.png

its been a while since i used this addon due i tested some vbios dumps, so i cant really tell since when this error occurs ;)

i can say the plugin is uninstalled a long time already, i removed a few weeks ago also all plg etc from /boot/plugins as far as i can tell or see, nothing left related to the s3 sleep plugin here.

may a hint where there could be some "rests" to remove to get rid of the message ?

thanks ahead

### Edit, solved, just came in my mind, install, uninstall, now the message is gone, sorry.

Edited by alturismo
solved
  • 2 weeks later...

*Dynamix System Temp Plugin *

Hello there,

i build a complete new server for nas / plex usage and tried to use the System temp plugin to monitor Temperature etc but each time i click "detect" for available drivers it says "No drivers detected".

NerdPack GUI - Perl already installed.

Here are my current specs. 

- Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B550M AORUS PRO-P

- BIOS dated: Thu 08 Jul 2021 12:00:00 AM PDT

- AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 

- 3 Segate Iron Wolf HDD + 1 WD Cache SSD

Edited by Maurice97

Hi,

For Fans Auto Control, is there any way to exclude Unassigned Disks?  I'm finding that when the plugin runs, it also looks at the temperature of any unassigned disks - despite not having the option to exclude them in the GUI.

Edit: another issue I'm seeing is that the fan control doesn't seem to persist after  a reboot.  I don't see any output in the syslog until I disable/enable the PWM controller again.  Note that I only have 1 controller enabled at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Einsteinjr
On 6/6/2021 at 4:36 PM, spl147 said:

currently it only works if you have a single config file and a single controller! it's a known issue.

So if I understand correctly it will only work with one motherboard pwm header?? Since the nvme temps and the hdd temps are so different, I was planning to set one pwm header for hdd array temps and another one for nvme temps, so this mean I would not be able to do it?   

6 hours ago, Squid said:

That's the acpitz - temp 3.   If nothing is listed in the Fan section, then sensors detect isn't picking up any valid sensors for it.  Not an uncommon problem, and unfortunately outside of bonienl's control.

Got it. No big deal on the fans. CPU is most important which looks to work, so all good.

Do you mean acpitz - temp 3 is the motherboard temp?