Dynamix - V6 Plugins

I had to replace my MB and Processor last week and since then the Dynamix System Temperature doesn't show anything. I have the Asus PRIME B550-PLUS with the AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics @ 4.2 GHz installed. 

When I click detect it shows nct6775 in the available drivers. I then do a rescan but under processor, mainboard and array nothing shows up.

When I type 'sensors' at the cl it says No sensors found!

Any ideas what I can do?

Regards Ronald

Hey there,

Thanks for all the fantastic plugins. I had a question in regards to the system temperature plugin. I am wanting to keep an eye on the temps and be able to perform automated actions from external systems (primarily NodeRed).

Does it happen to have any sort of queryable api, either from an external request, or perhaps something internal which can send out the current temp data on an interval?

I setup some listener APIs for other things in NodeRed in which I have it acting upon, so that would also be just fine to send a curl every 5-10 seconds with the temp data to that url, I am just wondering what the best way would be to most easily obtain the data from the plugin so I could send it off? I suppose could just scrape the page for the temp values, but that would end up being a resort sort of thing.

Thanks,

-MH

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 2:53 AM, rbojanssen said:

I had to replace my MB and Processor last week and since then the Dynamix System Temperature doesn't show anything. I have the Asus PRIME B550-PLUS with the AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics @ 4.2 GHz installed. 

When I click detect it shows nct6775 in the available drivers. I then do a rescan but under processor, mainboard and array nothing shows up.

When I type 'sensors' at the cl it says No sensors found!

Any ideas what I can do?

Regards Ronald

try adding this line to your go file:

modprobe k10temp force_id=0xd120

may require a reboot

On 9/4/2021 at 7:15 PM, sonic6 said:

Last time a saw this Error in my Syslog:

Sep  4 19:11:10 Unraid-1 nginx: 2021/09/04 19:11:10 [error] 27998#27998: *4810699 open() "/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.stats/images/sys.png" failed (2: No such file or directory) while sending to client, client: 192.168.0.6, server: , request: "GET /plugins/dynamix.system.stats/images/sys.png HTTP/1.1", host: "192.168.0.50", referrer: "http://192.168.0.50/Stats"

This Error appears every time, i open the System Stats Tab.

Diagnostic attached.

unraid-1-diagnostics-20210904-1913.zip 257.3 kB · 0 downloads

Same problem on version 6.10.0-RC2

I'm having some trouble getting the Auto fan control to work.

The fans are detected on the main page, but the fan speeds don't ramp up and down with drive temps. I can ramp the fan up and down by setting the minimum PWM value.

Using the settings in the screenshot, the drives hit 51C and the fan was still at the lowest setting at 260rpm. I've now set the minimum to 120 to get the fan to sit at 1200rpm to keep temps under control.

What have I gotten wrong here? Using 6.10RC2

Screenshot_20220128-190946_Chrome.jpg

37 minutes ago, ProphetSe7en said:

Have some issues with the Auto Fan Control. All it says is "PWM controller None".

I get all sensors for temps etc, but it wont show any of my fans.

Motherboard is a MSI z590 and running unraid 6.10.0.rc2

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to have pwm controller available in unraid?

I can not believe the lack of reading that goes on over the fan speed plugin issue!

all the info you need is a few posts back.

im not gonna repeat it again

1 hour ago, spl147 said:

I can not believe the lack of reading that goes on over the fan speed plugin issue!

all the info you need is a few posts back.

im not gonna repeat it again

The problem is that this thread covers a lot of plugins. Would be easier to read through it if the most popular plugins had its own thread. 

I did however search this thread for z590 and nct6683 without any results, that`s why I asked. 

My apologies, just a bit concerned about editing files etc if I add something that is not supposed to be added for my system. The info I found is for different drivers etc

So will this be the correct way to go forward, or is that for a different driver etc?

Dynamix - V6 Plugins - Page 102 - Plugin Support - Unraid

Edited by ProphetSe7en
7 minutes ago, ProphetSe7en said:

The problem is that this thread covers a lot of plugins. Would be easier to read through it if the most popular plugins had its own thread. 

I did however search this thread for z590 and nct6683 without any results, that`s why I asked. 

My apologies, just a bit concerned about editing files etc if I add something that is not supposed to be added for my system. The info I found is for different drivers etc

So will this be the correct way to go forward, or is that for a different driver etc?

Dynamix - V6 Plugins - Page 102 - Plugin Support - Unraid

Post the output of sensors detect

3 hours ago, spl147 said:

Ok so the 2 drivers you need to load are nct6683 and coretemp.

By either modprobe via command line or the system temp plugin

They are loaded in the system temp plugin. All temps sensors are available. It is fan controller in the fan auto control plugin that is missing and I am trying to figure out

Edited by ProphetSe7en
8 hours ago, ProphetSe7en said:

They are loaded in the system temp plugin. All temps sensors are available.

anything here to choose from ?

image.png.69953a5d7b0ae49bfec38881eb3368fc.png

cause i see in your screen "none" ... so i guess they are not detectet (yet)

if they are there then ...

image.thumb.png.ad14bb07ea84afd8d44ee3b301d8c25a.png

so may start over with all the steps in sensor detect ?

i dont use autofan anymore as it didnt fit my needs, may someone else has an idea ..

Just a thought for a possible future addition to the Auto Fan Control plugin if it has not already been suggested and is even possible to implement. I really like the plugin and it works great but the option to do different thresholds for different drives would be a nice feature to have. My thought process on this is NVME drives in the system are obviously running much warmer than the HDD's, while excluding them does work, it would be nice to be able to just set a higher threshold for the chosen drives so they can also be monitored and have the fan speeds go up should they start to warm up under heavier loads without having the fans run excessively fast if they are kept under the same threshold as the HDD's.

So I made some kind of progress. Updated to 6.10.0.RC2

Temp sensors are available, but no pwm controller.

I then ran 

modprobe nct6683 force=1

and now I can see all the pwm controller.

After restart I have to run 

modprobe nct6683 force=1 

again for them to show up.

Is there any way to force this during boot? I tried adding 

echo "options nct6683 force=1" >> /etc/modprobe.d/sensors.conf

to the go file, but still same issue after restart

Anyway. Whit the drives loaded I get a new issue with permission denied

<br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_get_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6683.2592/hwmon/hwmon4/pwm4_enable): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>40</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6683.2592/hwmon/hwmon4/pwm4_enable): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>42</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6683.2592/hwmon/hwmon4/pwm4): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>43</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6683.2592/hwmon/hwmon4/pwm4): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>46</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6683.2592/hwmon/hwmon4/pwm4): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>49</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6683.2592/hwmon/hwmon4/pwm4_enable): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>50</b><br />/sys/devices/platform/nct6683.2592/hwmon/hwmon4/fan1_input

I also get the permission denied running pwmconfig

Found the following PWM controls:
   hwmon4/pwm1           current value: 33
/usr/sbin/pwmconfig: line 180: hwmon4/pwm1: Permission denied
   hwmon4/pwm2           current value: 255
/usr/sbin/pwmconfig: line 180: hwmon4/pwm2: Permission denied
   hwmon4/pwm3           current value: 153
/usr/sbin/pwmconfig: line 180: hwmon4/pwm3: Permission denied
   hwmon4/pwm4           current value: 153
/usr/sbin/pwmconfig: line 180: hwmon4/pwm4: Permission denied
   hwmon4/pwm5           current value: 153
/usr/sbin/pwmconfig: line 180: hwmon4/pwm5: Permission denied
   hwmon4/pwm6           current value: 153
/usr/sbin/pwmconfig: line 180: hwmon4/pwm6: Permission denied
   hwmon4/pwm7           current value: 153
/usr/sbin/pwmconfig: line 180: hwmon4/pwm7: Permission denied
   hwmon4/pwm8           current value: 153
/usr/sbin/pwmconfig: line 180: hwmon4/pwm8: Permission denied

No clue on what to do next

update: So I fixed the no permission issue using

sudo chmod +w /sys/devices/platform/nct6683.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm*

Then I ran pwmconfig again, this time it test all fans but the end result is no correlation between fans and pwm.

So i found someone with a similar issue, so I tried using nct6687 and not nct6683. From what I can tell everything works now, at least it does until I restart the server :P

Edited by ProphetSe7en
  • Like 1

Hi guys - Quick one, can anyone confiirm that they have this plugin changing fan speeds based on HDD temp on the Supermicro X9SCM-F? I know there's been a lot of questions around the Supermicro X9 boards and cant find clarification in this 132 page thread! lol.

If so, can someone detail what fan header their using for CPU and DISK ARRAY fans and what fan mode (if any) they are running in the BIOS? It would be great appreciated.