Dynamix - V6 Plugins

24 minutes ago, David Bott said:

Why has no one realized that this development has just gone away?   unRAID, as good as it is, is also only as good as the supporting plugins.  In this case, Dynamix was one of the best.  Now it seems to be hardly supported.  Ugh!  

What are you talking about? Most of the initial Dynamix plugins are now included in the base unRaid release.

24 minutes ago, David Bott said:

Why has no one realized that this development has just gone away?   unRAID, as good as it is, is also only as good as the supporting plugins.  In this case, Dynamix was one of the best.  Now it seems to be hardly supported.  Ugh!  

what are you talking about?

Since you mentioned sleep...
I was playing around with this plugin.
Server sleeps fine.

BUT HOW do I wake it up "transparently"?

Where transparently means "on access" basically.
When I try to access a share for example.

I know how to send magic packet etc. but I want this to work transparently, not manually.
Is there a way?

22 hours ago, BRiT said:

What are you talking about? Most of the initial Dynamix plugins are now included in the base unRaid release.

22 hours ago, NLS said:

what are you talking about?

22 hours ago, spl147 said:

Except the most important ones like fan speed and sleep!!

RIGHT on all of the above!!!  SOME have been moved to unRAID directly, but where?  One of the BIG ONES, one the most people are looking for, are the FAN control which requires being able to read various temp sensors for one, which is missing or not well done or not kept up with the drivers, but then being able to control the fan outputs based on the temps.    Heck, I can't even see my fan speeds any more.  i can see the temp...But even though I can see the temps, I can't do anything with them. A BIG THING when it comes to running a NAS with many drives.

Sorry... I have been an unraid users and promoter from when it 1st started....David Bott - Founder of AVSFroum.com   But now I am looking to many to have to move as I get concerns over hardware failures when I can not monitor critical items.

• Thanks 1

I just set my fans speeds to be reactive in bios.

They are reactive to motherboard temps & the CPU temps.

You can also customise what percentage they should spin at what temperature as-well as being part of a curve. It works really well.

For unraid - You can also use the 'ITE IT87 Driver' & 'Nuvoton NCT6687 Driver' apps to load the temperature drivers most motherboards use.

I then use 'Dynamix System Temp' to display cpu & motherboard temp & fan speeds at the bottom of the unraid page.

Edited by dopeytree
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, dopeytree said:

I just set my fans speeds to be reactive in bios.

They are reactive to motherboard temps & the CPU temps.

You can also customise what percentage they should spin at what temperature as-well as being part of a curve. It works really well.

For unraid - You can also use the 'ITE IT87 Driver' & 'Nuvoton NCT6687 Driver' apps to load the temperature drivers most motherboards use.

Motherboard temp and cpu temp has absolutely nothing to do with hdd temps. So using those to keep hdds cool is just plain stupid. And since my motherboard and cpu are liquid cooled, i never break 85 drgrees

46 minutes ago, spl147 said:

Motherboard temp and cpu temp has absolutely nothing to do with hdd temps. So using those to keep hdds cool is just plain stupid. And since my motherboard and cpu are liquid cooled, i never break 85 drgrees

I use a small 8bay nas case so its actually very to do with. Its an eco system. Any long disk process will increase the motherbaord temps for example the sata chip will get hotter and any small motherboard increase will ramp my fans up to my custom settings to 65% then 75% then 100%.

While the watercooling cools your CPU it doesn't achieve anything for your HDD. Kinda a sh*ty setup. Needs some re-engineering rather than thinking its gaming rig.

Edited by dopeytree
6 minutes ago, dopeytree said:

I use a small 8bay nas case so its actually very to do with. Its an eco system. Any long disk process will increase the motherbaord temps for example the sata chip will get hotter and any small motherboard increase will ramp my fans up to my custom settings to 65% then 75% then 100%.

While the watercooling cools your CPU it doesn't achieve anything for your HDD. Kinda a sh*ty setup. Needs some re-engineering rather than thinking its gaming rig.

Actually you are still wrong, it is a 12 bay full size tower cpu, motherboard, and gpu are liquid cooled, running unraid and a windows 11 vm for gaming! Motherboard temps will increase your fan speeds yes, i control my fans for the hdds from my hdd temps, i control my cpu, gpu, mb water pump based on their temps.

1 hour ago, spl147 said:

Actually you are still wrong, it is a 12 bay full size tower cpu, motherboard, and gpu are liquid cooled, running unraid and a windows 11 vm for gaming! Motherboard temps will increase your fan speeds yes, i control my fans for the hdds from my hdd temps, i control my cpu, gpu, mb water pump based on their temps.

Perhaps you can share how instead of gloating - how you control your your hdd fans from hdd temps as thats what the OP is asking.

24 minutes ago, dopeytree said:

Perhaps you can share how instead of gloating - how you control your your hdd fans from hdd temps as thats what the OP is asking.

Gloating???? Just stating that fan speed from cpu, mb is not accurate enough to keep hdds cool!

i use the fanspeed plugin to control my fans, my mb is a x99 taichi, it is well supported by lm sensors

On 10/8/2022 at 3:23 PM, spl147 said:

Except the most important ones like fan speed and sleep!!

You also have to bear in mind that certain things (like fan speed) are highly dependent upon the various sensors being included (and more to the point being updated by the vendors themselves) which is outside of the control of the Dynamix authors

And, since M$ can never seem to get sleep to actually work correctly even 20% of the time I tend to cut the authors here some slack.

That being said, I am not a fan of some the dev choices made by the plugin author.  Namely why is it necessary for autofan to insist on spamming everyone's log for fundamentally no reason.

• Thanks 1
On 10/9/2022 at 2:48 PM, NLS said:

Tried autofan.

Doesn't detect anything.

My mobo is GB X570 UD.

Temp plugin works fine.

Any ideas?

I had success with my GB X570 AORUS PRO WIFI by installing the ITE IT87 Driver plugin. It adds some modified IT87 drivers for newer chipsets, after which unraid detected my fans.

14 hours ago, hasown said:

You can just search for ITE IT87 in the Community Apps in your server dashboard.

Thanks...Ok, did that...Bummer, even after a restart and a rescan, no changes,  Still can not see the fans.  System temp readings seems to the be the same and the only items I can see.  

screenshot_3591.png

Edited by David Bott