Dynamix - V6 Plugins

Hi All,

I've noticed that when trying to install the SSD Trim app, I'm getting the error below.  Seems that the "dynamix.ssd.trim.txz" is failing:

plugin: installing: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.ssd.trim.plg
plugin: downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.ssd.trim.plg
plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.ssd.trim.plg ... done
plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/archive/dynamix.ssd.trim.txz ... failed (Generic error)
plugin: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/archive/dynamix.ssd.trim.txz download failure (Generic error)

Anyone else getting this error?  If I directly try the URL, I can access it, but it's failing in the Community App installer.

14 hours ago, Kilrah said:

What Unraid version? SSD trim is built-in on 6.11 so the plugin is not necessary or available for it. 

Still using 6.9.2 as I can't get my LibreELEC VM to work with 6.11 and I get warning that SSD Trim isn't installed warning via Fix Common Problems.

6 hours ago, sjohnson said:

Still using 6.9.2 as I can't get my LibreELEC VM to work with 6.11 and I get warning that SSD Trim isn't installed warning via Fix Common Problems.

I encountered the same problem in September. It isn’t possible to back out 6.11 if you’re using an SSD. 

First, I would like to say that of all the plugin threads, this one is the hardest to follow. A bunch of very different plugins are all discussed together and we are close to 150 pages of content. If I want some help of a specific plugin, it is really hard to go through what has been discussed about that so far

I need some help understanding the autofan plugin. I am confused as to how to set it up and so far haven't found any documentation that explains 

Here is my hardware setup (based on playing with pwmconfig):

hwmon0 - corsair PSU (I am ignoring this)

hwmon1 - coretemp

hwmon2 - nct6776 (motherboard - I am focusing on this) 

hwmon2 presents 3 pwm controllers, but as far as I can tell using pwmconfig, only pwm1 is connected, the others (pwm2, pwm3) show no correlation with any fans

I have 5 PWM fan headers on my motherboard, all controlled via hwmon2/pwm1 controller

fan1 is mounted to my HBA, I want this to be BIOS controlled

fan5 is CPU, I want this to be bios controlled

fan2, fan3 and fan4 are my fanwall behind my drives. I want to control these 3 fans via autofan to speed up based on HDD temps

I can't seem to figure out how to set this up. It seems for pwm1, I can only save 1 config, which looks something like this:

options="-c /sys/devices/platform/nct6775.2608/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm1 -f /sys/devices/platform/nct6775.2608/hwmon/hwmon2/fan3_input -l 30 -t 30 -T 50 -m 5 -e sdf,sdc"
service="1"
controller="/sys/devices/platform/nct6775.2608/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm1"
fan="/sys/devices/platform/nct6775.2608/hwmon/hwmon2/fan3_input"
pwm="30"
low="30"
high="50"
interval="5"
exclude="sdf,sdc"

this only seems to cater to one fan (fan3 above). How do I control multiple fans?

Also, the excludes seem to use sdX, but those can change on reboot. Is there a way to define these by ata-id?

Hello Everyone, I have a issue, please help me

My unraid system, My CPU Fan RPM is normal, but my system fan have some issue, my system fan speed rpm baee on cpu temperature

First boot, all normal, all fine, but maybe after 30min or 1 hour, my system fan speed rpm be stuck, wont auto rpm base on cpu temperature. But other FANs All working fine.

Have someone know what is happening?

Tks

1 hour ago, alturismo said:

cpu temp is not supported, only hdd temps ... thats what this plugin is done for.

CPU Temps should be controlled by your BIOS curve.

its an authors decision

Sorry, I mean I have tow Fan, one is cpu heat sink. It working fine about auto rpm base on cpu temperture.

But my issue is the second Fan. it is my system fan . After boot to os. I try to get cpu temp high. it working fine about auto rpm base on cpu temperture.

And ........ after a while about 30mins or 1 hours, My system fan it wont auto speed rpm. and stock rpm. maybe is 2400 RPM.

BTW my system fan max speed rpm is 3000rpm.

And I need know. maybe is install this plugin effect my system fan auto speed rpm.

I remove the plugin. but it work the same issue...

BTW. I tring to using this plugin to setting my system fan auto rpm base on HDD temperture.

But it no work !! 

So I try to uninstall this plugin. but issue still ....

Do you know how to uninstall about all about fan setting in terminal?

Edited by Bcy
10 minutes ago, Bcy said:

Do you know how to uninstall about all about fan setting in terminal?

usually, you just uninstallt it

you can also remove from your USB drive this folder (which shouldbr necessarry)

image.png.05cba5a5cb97cce539aecca95cbaefce.png

after a reboot (uninstalling) all is gone ... and your BIOS Fan settings should do the job ... instead of the plugin.

but in terms you want your fans controlled through unraid (HDD Fans !!!) rather look where may your configuration error is.

i also had to go through all possible fans and test them

image.thumb.png.28b293f6ea927cca62f52b9b841db5dd.png

you can pretty easy do so by run the detect and watch the fan speeds if they change so you know you really have the proper one selected, as sample in the buttom line (here currently OFF as HDD's are in spindown)

image.thumb.png.4dfc8c5fdd2da3363f129987d44636e1.png

so, if i now change the Low / High Treehold's for testing its the correct sensor

image.thumb.png.280591c2677cd5bae971f6f8d2735670.png

image.thumb.png.9889f813e0af664a790446ab004ffece.png

and the syslog

Mar 15 12:29:38 AlsServer autofan: autofan process ID 1361 started, To terminate it, type: autofan -q -c /sys/devices/platform/nct6775.672/hwmon/hwmon4/pwm5 -f /sys/devices/platform/nct6775.672/hwmon/hwmon4/fan3_input
Mar 15 12:29:38 AlsServer autofan: autofan excluding drives nvme0n1,nvme1n1 from max temp calculations

so, its working ;)

i went through all my controllers to figure it ... and i have some ...

image.png.bdc7a40a447c5b7c2d72cae19a325e02.png

in the end, alot of trial & error in the beginning, but then its working flawlessly ...

31 minutes ago, alturismo said:

usually, you just uninstallt it

you can also remove from your USB drive this folder (which shouldbr necessarry)

image.png.05cba5a5cb97cce539aecca95cbaefce.png

after a reboot (uninstalling) all is gone ... and your BIOS Fan settings should do the job ... instead of the plugin.

but in terms you want your fans controlled through unraid (HDD Fans !!!) rather look where may your configuration error is.

i also had to go through all possible fans and test them

image.thumb.png.28b293f6ea927cca62f52b9b841db5dd.png

you can pretty easy do so by run the detect and watch the fan speeds if they change so you know you really have the proper one selected, as sample in the buttom line (here currently OFF as HDD's are in spindown)

image.thumb.png.4dfc8c5fdd2da3363f129987d44636e1.png

so, if i now change the Low / High Treehold's for testing its the correct sensor

image.thumb.png.280591c2677cd5bae971f6f8d2735670.png

image.thumb.png.9889f813e0af664a790446ab004ffece.png

and the syslog

Mar 15 12:29:38 AlsServer autofan: autofan process ID 1361 started, To terminate it, type: autofan -q -c /sys/devices/platform/nct6775.672/hwmon/hwmon4/pwm5 -f /sys/devices/platform/nct6775.672/hwmon/hwmon4/fan3_input
Mar 15 12:29:38 AlsServer autofan: autofan excluding drives nvme0n1,nvme1n1 from max temp calculations

so, its working ;)

i went through all my controllers to figure it ... and i have some ...

image.png.bdc7a40a447c5b7c2d72cae19a325e02.png

in the end, alot of trial & error in the beginning, but then its working flawlessly ...

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your reply. I just check my flash USB, the folder directory no have that two config(txz、cfg)

I think it already delete by before.

I need check this working fine . after that at all , I will using your mothed try to base on HDD temperture

but I got a question. You said had to go through all possible fans and test them.

image.thumb.png.b91c8f3b831fa9481ccf09f144b9af67.png

including CPU FAN? is it possible just setting some fans not all fans to base on hdd temperture?

I try to figure out my question. is here to setting which I wont make a group fans to base on hdd temperture?

image.thumb.png.f38c975c88746312faa746abb3257951.png

Thanks again. 

Edited by Bcy
2 hours ago, Bcy said:

the folder directory no have that two config(txz、cfg)

I think it already delete by before.

exactly, when you uninstalled it they shoul dbe gone, as mentioned ... uninstalling is enough, this was just "in case" ...

2 hours ago, Bcy said:

including CPU FAN? is it possible just setting some fans not all fans to base on hdd temperture?

CPU Fan ... like mentioned, sure you could include your CPU Fan, but your triggers are ONLY HDD Temps ... and thats for sure not what you want to achieve ... so keep the CPU Fan "out" and let this be controlled by your BIOS Fan curve.

some Fans ... sure, thats how its supposed to be ... fan1, fan2, ... different rules ... you set them individually while they reside on individual sockets on your mainboard, here in my sample i have 4 fans which are using a split cable on 1 controller, so i only need 1 socket on the mainboard and 1 rule, if they all would set seperate on the mainboard i would have to set 4 rules ...

image.png.782bb27c1b6989b901f4ae002a3fdd9d.png

18 hours ago, alturismo said:

exactly, when you uninstalled it they shoul dbe gone, as mentioned ... uninstalling is enough, this was just "in case" ...

CPU Fan ... like mentioned, sure you could include your CPU Fan, but your triggers are ONLY HDD Temps ... and thats for sure not what you want to achieve ... so keep the CPU Fan "out" and let this be controlled by your BIOS Fan curve.

some Fans ... sure, thats how its supposed to be ... fan1, fan2, ... different rules ... you set them individually while they reside on individual sockets on your mainboard, here in my sample i have 4 fans which are using a split cable on 1 controller, so i only need 1 socket on the mainboard and 1 rule, if they all would set seperate on the mainboard i would have to set 4 rules ...

image.png.782bb27c1b6989b901f4ae002a3fdd9d.png

How to set fan rules .......

Hi everyone

After over 2 years of using unraid i have come across my first real problem using the s3 sleep plugin. For some reason i can no longer monitor devices outside of the array.

I did have it set up so if one of the cache drives was being used it would not send unraid to sleep but for some reason that option has gone and im at a loss. As far as i can tell everything is up to date. if anyone has any ideas it would be a big help thanks

On 3/15/2023 at 10:08 AM, Kasjo said:

On my end sleep ist Not working anymore. It dosnt regonize my Network anymore and i still cant select chachdrive Outside of the Array. Is it possible to geht somewere a older Version? Currently using the darkside40 fork.

Same for me. Using dynamix S3 sleep for a long time and since updating the other day it stopped shutting down my server at night like it used to. Going to have to debug this more I think.

19 hours ago, jaybee said:

Same for me. Using dynamix S3 sleep for a long time and since updating the other day it stopped shutting down my server at night like it used to. Going to have to debug this more I think.

Just realised that for some reason since the last update, when I went into the dynamix sleep plugin page on my server, it had a status in the top right hand corner to say that the plugin's status was "STOPPED". (90% sure it was stopped, off the top of my head but it may have said something else. It was orange in colour). I don't know why this was. I made a change to something in the options, clicked apply, then changed it back and clicked apply again and the status changed to "STARTED". My server then shut down as before last night and normal service resumed. 

So it seems for me the latest update did something where the plugin was left in a stopped state for whatever reason. Might be worth checking this.

Could it be that Cache Directories Plugin was changed recently such that shares that are not explicitly in the include list, will not be cached?

I had the feeling that caching wasn't working today as the drive kept spinning up. After I added all ashres in the include list it seemed to work again. Before that I only had a few shares in the exlude list and though that caching is working for any other share.

Edited by Pete0
1 hour ago, Pete0 said:

Could it be that Cache Directories Plugin was changed recently such that shares that are not explicitly in the include list, will not be cached?

I had the feeling that caching wasn't working today as the drive kept spinning up. After I added all ashres in the include list it seemed to work again. Before that I only had a few shares in the exlude list and though that caching is working for any other share.

My experience is that Cache Directories works best when you minimize the number of files that you are trying to cache.  I suspect that the reason for this is simple, IF you try to cache too many files, there may not be enough RAM to do the job.  This seems to result in more disk IO from trying to refresh  those items that get 'bumped' as it tries to cram every thing into a container too small to hold everything.  (I have no idea what strategy the plugin uses to determine what to cache in this situation but I will  state that that strategy will be the wrong one at some point for you-- Mr Murphy's Law!  😈 )  In my case, I only cache the contents of my Media share which has a relativity small number of files.   Everything else, I just wait for the directory collection to take place.  It normally only takes 15-to-30 seconds.  However, this does result in a delay as I start to play a movie because the disk is almost guaranteed to be spun down!  😁

20 hours ago, jaybee said:

Just realised that for some reason since the last update, when I went into the dynamix sleep plugin page on my server, it had a status in the top right hand corner to say that the plugin's status was "STOPPED". (90% sure it was stopped, off the top of my head but it may have said something else. It was orange in colour). I don't know why this was. I made a change to something in the options, clicked apply, then changed it back and clicked apply again and the status changed to "STARTED". My server then shut down as before last night and normal service resumed. 

So it seems for me the latest update did something where the plugin was left in a stopped state for whatever reason. Might be worth checking this.

On my side, the status says “Running” in green. On your suggestion, because the Sleep plugin is no longer working also in my system, I changed the first setting to Disabled. This changed the status to “Stopped” in orange, and like you I seem to recall this is what it said in the past (before the most recent update) as well. I changed the setting back to Sleep, but going to sleep it does not. 🤷‍♂️ I’m sure I haven’t touched any configuration since it was working, except for installing a few updates including the latest Sleep plugin.

On 3/22/2023 at 10:05 PM, Frank1940 said:

My experience is that Cache Directories works best when you minimize the number of files that you are trying to cache.  I suspect that the reason for this is simple, IF you try to cache too many files, there may not be enough RAM to do the job.

There is plenty of free RAM left on my system. Currently the dashboard shows me a usage of 29%.

I'm not sure if my expectations are wrong as how cache directories is working. But, as I said, in the past I had the feeling that it is working as I expect it.

grafik.thumb.png.83d2c5ad53c64118360de2a56b4c6f4e.png

Above are my settings for the plugin. While all drives are spun down I navigate to any directory on any share. After a depth of 2 to 3 directories I can see that the drive is spinning up. After 20 minutes the drive is spun down again and I wait say another 10 minutes and go to the exact same location and at the drive is spun up again.

I though I've read somewhere that while the drive is spun up, I navigate through directories and while I navigate these paths/files are added to the cache. So file locatoins that I never opened are not added to the cache unless I go there. Is that wrong?

Where can I find the HELP docs for the Cache Dirs plugin? There are several settings that say "Important - check HELP if disks spin up", but I can't find where that document might be. At the bottom there's a link to a forum topic, but it's a dead link.

Ultimately, what I hope to accomplish is to allow the server to respond very quickly when directory information is requested, but also to take that as a hint that access to the underlying files is likely to be coming soon, so start spinning up the related drives now.

23 minutes ago, Squid said:

It links to the OP here

When I click the link in the settings page, I get the error below.

From the plugin entry under Apps, I can link to this very thread we're talking in. I'm not sure if that's what was intended within the settings - but if so, a thread of 149 pages dealing with all the Dynamix plugins is fairly opaque.

firefox_r0ynQ9C8O4.png