Dynamix - V6 Plugins

Have a look at the attachment. Pressing the blue "i" button brings up a second window with release notes (you need webGui version 2015.01.21 for this).

Myself however, I would like to see the "i" button be active whether or not there is an update available.  Just so after I install an update, I can still go back and look at the changelog

When i update the Dynamix optional plugins, I get that (I see it says no space left on device, but my USB boot have 15.8GB free space).  Is this normal ? :

/usr/local/sbin/plugin update dynamix.system.stats.plg 2>&1
plugin: running: 'anonymous'
plugin: creating: /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.system.stats/dynamix.system.stats-2015.01.22.txz - downloading from URL https://raw.github.com/bergware/dynamix/master/archive/dynamix.system.stats-2015.01.22.txz
plugin: running: /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.system.stats/dynamix.system.stats-2015.01.22.txz

+==============================================================================
| Installing new package /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.system.stats/dynamix.system.stats-2015.01.22.txz
+==============================================================================

Verifying package dynamix.system.stats-2015.01.22.txz.
expr: syntax error
/sbin/installpkg: line 432: [: -lt: unary operator expected
/sbin/installpkg: line 434: [: -lt: unary operator expected
expr: syntax error
/sbin/installpkg: line 466: echo: write error: No space left on device
/sbin/installpkg: line 469: echo: write error: No space left on device
cat: write error: No space left on device
Installing package dynamix.system.stats-2015.01.22.txz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
/sbin/installpkg: line 537: echo: write error: No space left on device
/sbin/installpkg: line 538: echo: write error: No space left on device
/sbin/installpkg: line 539: echo: write error: No space left on device
/sbin/installpkg: line 540: echo: write error: No space left on device
/sbin/installpkg: line 545: echo: write error: No space left on device
/sbin/installpkg: line 550: echo: write error: No space left on device
WARNING: Package has not been created with 'makepkg'
/sbin/installpkg: line 559: echo: write error: No space left on device
Package dynamix.system.stats-2015.01.22.txz installed.

plugin: running: 'anonymous'
chmod: missing operand after '644'
Try 'chmod --help' for more information.

-----------------------------------------------------------
dynamix.system.stats has been installed.
This plugin requires Dynamix webGui to operate
Copyright 2014, Bergware International
Version: 2015.01.22
-----------------------------------------------------------

plugin: updated

Myself however, I would like to see the "i" button be active whether or not there is an update available.  Just so after I install an update, I can still go back and look at the changelog

Good suggestion, have made an update for that and now release notes are always accessible (if present).

Hi guys,

I hope this is the correct place to post this question.

Under the Dashboard tab were you have the CPU utilization and Memory usage bars,is it possible to have a bar like that for Network utilization as well?

Cheers

/E

Beta 12

Did you have a look at the optional "stats" plugin, it graphs network utilization for both transmitted and received information.

Any chance of getting the periodical E-mails (that is in the ver 5 Dynamix) of the server status added back in.  I have my main server set up to send an E-mail once a day and it is reassuring to get that message.  Plus, I would imagine that is almost a necessity for people who manage a remote server.

The notification system in v6 differs quite a lot with the v5 solution. At the moment it is in a "transition" phase. The ultimate idea is to have an event driven system to which user/custom scripts can hook in and present notifications as appropriate.

The periodic "confirmation" emails disappeared in this process, but I agree that it is a useful feature to re-assure that all is (still) fine.

Put it on the todo list!

Hi guys,

I hope this is the correct place to post this question.

Under the Dashboard tab were you have the CPU utilization and Memory usage bars,is it possible to have a bar like that for Network utilization as well?

Cheers

/E

Beta 12

Did you have a look at the optional "stats" plugin, it graphs network utilization for both transmitted and received information.

Thank you!

Nice plugin, running it now.

But I still think a "bar" should fit in nicely were I suggested it on the dashboard, just to complete the "picture" if you understand what I mean.

Thanks again.

/E

I think the stats actually are more appropriate for the network utilization because it shows transmit and receive utilization in a nice graph.

I believe bonienl set up the Dashboard to give a quick overview of the operation of the array, and I think he did a good job.

The Dashboard is full of information and will only get overly busy to be useful if too much is added.

I understand your request, but strugging what to put there: a single bar can not represent both transmit and receive utilization.

A double bar? One in, one out, it was just an idea I got when I first saw the dashboard, just to complete the picture of utilization.

Or maybe like a option to enable what you would like to monitor, CPU, memory, network etc?

Just to satisfy all, enable what you like to see, the rest is simply not there?

Is this even possible?

Just sharing an idea.  :)

Thanks again.

/E

One more request.  Add the server name to the subject line of all E-mails (or at least the option to do so).  This way those of us with more than one server can tell instantly which server may be in trouble.

You can do that now, and have two options for settting that up:

Option 1 - Under notification settings, you can setup the Email Subject Prefix.  ie: Unraid Server #1 Status

Option 2 - Under user accounts, change the description of the root account to be Server_1, Server_2, etc.  The FROM line in the email will reflect this change

One more request.  Add the server name to the subject line of all E-mails (or at least the option to do so).  This way those of us with more than one server can tell instantly which server may be in trouble.

You can do that now, and have two options for settting that up:

Option 1 - Under notification settings, you can setup the Email Subject Prefix.  ie: Unraid Server #1 Status

Thank you!  How did I ever miss that!!!    :-[

Good suggestion, have made an update for that and now release notes are always accessible (if present).

Have you done pushed this yet?  Still seingbyour update on the 22nd as the latest

Any chance of getting the periodical E-mails (that is in the ver 5 Dynamix) of the server status added back in.  I have my main server set up to send an E-mail once a day and it is reassuring to get that message.  Plus, I would imagine that is almost a necessity for people who manage a remote server.

Currently working on improvements in the notification system. So far the following has been added/changed:

1. Possibility to specify per notification type what entity (browser or email) should be used

2. Addition of periodic array status check with a selectable interval

3. Possibility to specify the entity for the periodic array check (if enabled)

4. Email only notifications are now also archived

5. The SMTP settings have been adjusted to reflect the above

6. Added USB flash drive read-only notification

7. Added disk read errors notification

Let me know what other improvements are of interest.

new-notification-settings.png.8ca8c9320dce173da63868e41f038110.png

new-smtp-settings.png.47f603185175c7560d5ade9da971b03f.png

I don't know if this has been included but I (personally) would like to see an e-mail notification anytime there is a non-zero number of 'Errors' on the any of the 'Main' tabs.  While such notification should definitely be a part of the periodical array status check, it would be nice if an single 'High Priority' alert e-mail might be sent as soon as the condition is first detected.  (I would think that most of us would not want an e-mail every minute or so if one were sent every time the status scan was made!)