Dynamix - V6 Plugins

Btw i want to switch to v6 now. Is it possible to save the config for example of the Cache Dir and S3 Plugin and reuse it again?

If you don't get a quick direct answer to your question, I would suggest you just print out the configuration setting pages on your current version and use that information to configure Dynamix and its plugins in ver 6.

The approach above suggested by Frank1940 is the best to follow.

I can't guarantee settings between v5 and v6 are 100% identical. I haven't tested it, hence the safe approach to redo the settings, it shouldn't take too much time though.

Any chance there is an issue with the sleep plugin with the new release of 14b?  My server didn't shutdown last night as it normally does and the plugin is running.  I was wondering if it was related to array activity since I believe limetech changed how we report disk activity etc.

Just checking

Friend of mine did a short test with 14b and Dynamix S3_Sleep and had no problems.

Edit:

Tested myself, no issues.

I asked in the 14b thread,but thought I may get additional help here.  I started with v6 on beta 14, stepped to 14a and now on 14b.  I have installed the plugins here, but I don't get any info on the Dashboard page.  Am I missing a step somewhere?

Can you put a picture of your dashboard page, it isn't clear to me what exactly is missing.

Bonienl, I reinstalled 6.12 and got these errors. After seeing them I reinstalled the S3. sleep, power down plugin, and the cache.dirs, but I'm not sure as to what the last two refer. Should these items have been installed? What do I need to do?

/boot/config/plugins-error/dynamix.cache.dirs-2.1.0-noarch-bergware.plg ERROR

NOTE: Reinstalled

/boot/config/plugins-error/dynamix.s3.sleep-2.1.1-noarch-bergware.plg ERROR

NOTE: Reinstalled

/boot/config/plugins-error/dynamix.system.temp-2.1.0-noarch-bergware.plg

NOTE;: Don't need this

/boot/config/plugins-error/dynamix.dns.server-2.1.0-noarch-bergware.plg ERROR

/boot/config/plugins-error/dynamix.plugin.control-2.1.1-noarch-bergware.plg ERROR

Thanks

I asked in the 14b thread,but thought I may get additional help here.  I started with v6 on beta 14, stepped to 14a and now on 14b.  I have installed the plugins here, but I don't get any info on the Dashboard page.  Am I missing a step somewhere?

Can you put a picture of your dashboard page, it isn't clear to me what exactly is missing.

Sure - it's just not populating statistics for anything.

Capture.JPG.b3acd6d5c2f76e480971ab15f5093032.JPG

I suspect there is some conflict situation preventing the dashboard to display properly.

I advice you to do the following:

1. Make a copy of the content of your flash drive, in case you need to preserve the content

2. Delete the following directories (if existing):

- /boot/config/plugins

- /boot/plugins

- /boot/extra

3. Remove extra installations - if any - from the go file, just have emhttp started.

4. Reboot your system, and it will come up with no plugins

5. Make checks

6. Install optional plugins one-by-one and verify afterwards

I suspect there is some conflict situation preventing the dashboard to display properly.

1. Make a copy of the content of your flash drive, in case you need to preserve the content

- /boot/config/plugins

- /boot/plugins

- /boot/extra

3. Remove extra installations - if any - from the go file, just have emhttp started.

5. Make checks

Done - no change.

Is there a way to exclude the cache drive from the inactivity check via the Webinterface of the S3 Sleep plugin?

For now i modfied the script in /usr/local/sbin and set checkCache=no, but i doubt it will survive a reboot.

Also i have not found any setting for this in the config file of the plugin, modifying the option in that file also does not seem to be a solution because it get overwritten when a setting is change on the config page.

Docker seems to keep the cache disk up.

- /boot/config/plugins

- /boot/plugins

- /boot/extra

5. Make checks

Done - no change.

and clear your browser cache.

- /boot/config/plugins

- /boot/plugins

- /boot/extra

5. Make checks

Done - no change.

Thanks, but still no dice.

- /boot/config/plugins

- /boot/plugins

- /boot/extra

5. Make checks

Done - no change.

Just to confirm, after you did step #3 and rebooted (at that point, there was no plugins or anything else running),  the dashboard still wasn't populated with the drive status?

As a stupid step, next to System Status, switch the drop down from General to Errors and see what happens

- /boot/config/plugins

- /boot/plugins

- /boot/extra

5. Make checks

Done - no change.

Have you tried a different browser ?

I have tried 3 browsers. 

APC plugin was actually stopped, so it obviously was not that.

In comparison to the image, the only discovered info my Dashboard displays is the amount of memory installed and allocated - no other values are present in their respective panels.

Switching from General to Errors to Counters does nothing.

This autofan plugin looks like it should work similar to a script I wrote several years ago to control the fan based on hdd temps. Is that what it is supposed to do?

I installed it but it will not detect my fan (/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/device/pwm2). Would be really nice to have this in the web gui, I guess this addon is still a work in progress? Until then I guess I'll stick with my script.

This autofan plugin looks like it should work similar to a script I wrote several years ago to control the fan based on hdd temps. Is that what it is supposed to do?

Yes.

I installed it but it will not detect my fan (/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/device/pwm2). Would be really nice to have this in the web gui, I guess this is addon still a work in progress? Until then I guess I'll stick with my script.

You have to make sure that the appropriate drivers for your motherboard are loaded, then autodection should work.

I'm using the plugin and it is working well for me.

Yes.

I installed it but it will not detect my fan (/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/device/pwm2). Would be really nice to have this in the web gui, I guess this is addon still a work in progress? Until then I guess I'll stick with my script.

You have to make sure that the appropriate drivers for your motherboard are loaded, then autodection should work.

I'm using the plugin and it is working well for me.

Thanks PeterB, as stated I am using my script still which implies I already have the module loaded and can control my fan on this system ;)  I even listed my fan device "/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/device/pwm2". I'll look around at this plugin and see if I can fix it because having it in the web gui is an awesome idea!

I installed it but it will not detect my fan (/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/device/pwm2). Would be really nice to have this in the web gui, I guess this addon is still a work in progress? Until then I guess I'll stick with my script.

Please post the result of this command:

find -L /sys/class/hwmon/ -maxdepth 5 -iname "pwm[0-9]" 2>/dev/null