step 1 after clean reboot: CPU temp working

bildschirmfoto2015-055rkbs.png

step 2 - i try to add the other sensor to MB Temp:

bildschirmfoto2015-05lwjpx.png

step 3 - i hit apply and this is whats happening afterwards:

bildschirmfoto2015-05gpjz1.png

Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 4: Undeclared bus id referenced

sensors_init: Can't parse bus name

Please post the content of /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf file.

:) thank you, so i will kill this line in sensors.conf and will be happy with CPU showing up

Don't remember if you mentioned it or not, but did you try the version of sensors-detect mentioned here? That helped me find additional sensors. You will have to install perl now to run it though. See gfjardim's post a few up from here for perl.

I just wanted to note that before I upgraded to RC2 I had nearly a 28 day system uptime but saw issues with 256Meg /var/log filesystem full. I had to resize it to 384Megs. Nearly all the space was in use by the 28 /var/log/sa/sa# files.

I upgraded my test server to v6.0-rc3 and set up Dynamix Folder Caching only to find the status page in the GUI says it's stopped (see pix). Is this a reported problem?  Any ideas about how to get it fixed?

Thanks!

EDIT.... I noticed some errors on the console screen after rebooting to the effect the Cache_Dirs.zip file was corrupt. Indeed it was so uninstalling and reinstalling did the trick and now it's running OK.

cache-dir-problem.png.b902c276212ebb5c3959f591a3285dd5.png

• 3 weeks later...

Bonienl - I have been given some more information which may help me get the Fan Control script running on my Gigabyte H97N-WIFI motherboard but not being familiar with Linux, I don't know what to do with the information.

I have been advised that the motherboard has an ITE 8620E Super I/O chip which has a standalone IT87xx driver available on the lm-sensors project. The catch for me is that the driver is uncompiled and resides in a compressed .tar.gz file. I don't know what to do with it to get it onto my unRAID install.

Is there any chance you could have a look at this for me and advise if this is what I am looking for?

Bonienl - I have been given some more information which may help me get the Fan Control script running on my Gigabyte H97N-WIFI motherboard but not being familiar with Linux, I don't know what to do with the information.

I have been advised that the motherboard has an ITE 8620E Super I/O chip which has a standalone IT87xx driver available on the lm-sensors project. The catch for me is that the driver is uncompiled and resides in a compressed .tar.gz file. I don't know what to do with it to get it onto my unRAID install.

Is there any chance you could have a look at this for me and advise if this is what I am looking for?

Driver support is built-in into unRAID itself.

When you run sensors-detect, it will display the required driver(s) and these can be loaded using the modprobe command.

If no proper driver is present in your system, you may want to ask LT to include it, they have done this in the past.

Driver support is built-in into unRAID itself.

When you run sensors-detect, it will display the required driver(s) and these can be loaded using the modprobe command.

If no proper driver is present in your system, you may want to ask LT to include it, they have done this in the past.

Got the same MB.

After.manually installing Perl and running sensors-detect, it only detects "coretemp".

Does it mean the needed driver isn't built into unRAID?

I think that assumption is correct. If the ITE 8620E driver is not present in unRAID, then sensors-detect will not locate the fan controller on the GA-H97N-WIFI motherboard. As bonienl suggested, our next step is to put a Feature Request to LimeTech.

I will read the submission guide today and put one in.

I think that assumption is correct. If the ITE 8620E driver is not present in unRAID, then sensors-detect will not locate the fan controller on the GA-H97N-WIFI motherboard. As bonienl suggested, our next step is to put a Feature Request to LimeTech.

I will read the submission guide today and put one in.

Thanks

This is what i got after running sensors-detect on my h87i-plus. What do i do now? Do i have to copy that file manually or is the script telling me it has done so? I couldnt find a init.d folder on my /etc folder though.

Do i just write modprobe coretemp in my go file like what was written a few posts above?

temp_NAS.PNG.be264c73a22c3da0acccc299f9322621.PNG

The it87 module is already included in the unraid linux kernel. You just need to load it. If you have the "Dynamix System Temperature" plugin installed, go to System Temp under Settings and add it to the available drivers field (running Detect should find it and input it for you). If detect doesn't find it, then you probably don't have a chipset that this module supports. The next step would be to compile it yourself.

I can confirm that for the Gigabyte H97N-WIFI board, adding the following line to the go script forces the System Temp and Fan Control scripts to detect a portion of the generic it87 driver that recognises the IT8620E chip in the board...

modprobe it87 force_id=0x8728

In my case it picked up three PWM channels but of course only two have headers on the board. it8728-pwm1 is CPU_FAN and I suspect that it8728-pwm2 will be SYS_FAN.

I have also the problem that nothing is shown in System Temp - Detect is not working.

I miss also the page where alle Disks are shown and where i can do a SMART-check for each disk. Is this page no longer available???

EDIT: found it under MainPage - not happy whith this  :(

Did you try pushing the Detect button?

System temp plugin - every time I reboot I loose the "Arran Fan Speed" setting and have to set it again - otherwise no RPM next to cpu/mb temps

Any idea why?

What is the content of the file /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.system.temp/sensors.conf before and after you reboot, did it change?

It should have a reference to the fan allocation, e.g.

chip "nct6776-isa-0290"
label "fan2" "Array Fan"