Dynamix - V6 Plugins

Not sure if this has been asked or not. So forgive is so. I'd like to invoke the sleep functionality (button) via the command line preferably with curl or ssh (public keys), bascially without logging into the GUI. How would I accomplish this?

Thanks for the great work.

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/scripts/s3_sleep -S

Tip: if you execute the s3_sleep script without any options, it will show help.

Hi,

I'm trying to add notifications via Pushover. The user key is provided by pushover. Where can I find the "App token"?

Bye.

If it is anything like Pushbullet, then you have to get it from your Pushover account. I login to the pushbullet website and go to my account settings. Maybe pushover is similar.

Switched to pushbullet. Works great.:)

Hi,

I'm trying to add notifications via Pushover. The user key is provided by pushover. Where can I find the "App token"?

Bye.

Turn on Help and relevant links are shown and clickable on the Notification Agents page.

Thank you. Never used this great help function. However:

This leads you to this page:

https://pushover.net/apps

I'm not a developer and all I see is a list of apps. How does this bring me closer to the app token?;-)

I am not using pushover myself, but using pushbullet. With pushbullet you need to login to the web page and look under your account details for the key assigned to you, I suppose something similar for pushover needs to be done.

Unfortunately, not. When you sign up for an account you have your "User Key" directly listed in your app (android here). There is no "app token". It is only mention in connection to developing an app for pushover. Also you can not test it without the "app token" in unraid because it is a required field.

Would be great to have a comment from somebody who is actually using it. Nevertheless the dialog should be changed in the unraid gui....at least the link which is shown using the help function.

I also checked the homepage and my user account...nothing new there also.

I am not using pushover myself, but using pushbullet. With pushbullet you need to login to the web page and look under your account details for the key assigned to you, I suppose something similar for pushover needs to be done.

Unfortunately, not. When you sign up for an account you have your "User Key" directly listed in your app (android here). There is no "app token". It is only mention in connection to developing an app for pushover. Also you can not test it without the "app token" in unraid because it is a required field.

Would be great to have a comment from somebody who is actually using it. Nevertheless the dialog should be changed in the unraid gui....at least the link which is shown using the help function.

You create your own app in your account for pushover.  Call it "unRAID" and you will get an app token to enter into the notification field.

You create your own app in your account for pushover.  Call it "unRAID" and you will get an app token to enter into the notification field.

That's it. Thank you.

Just need some clarification concerning the Excluded Days/Hours dropdown for the sleep plugin. Currently all is unchecked.

In essense I'd like to schedule sleep of the server from 3am->3pm, everyday. Not sure what needs to be done to accomplish this.

I can wake the server via a crontab wol command from pfsense.

Just need some clarification concerning the Excluded Days/Hours dropdown for the sleep plugin. Currently all is unchecked.

In essense I'd like to schedule sleep of the server from 3am->3pm, everyday. Not sure what needs to be done to accomplish this.

I DON'T have the sleep plugin installed but have you looked at the Help for it?  You should be able to access it by clicking on the 'Help' button on the right side of the tool bar (Just under the banner image). 

If you want fixed sleep times unconditionally, you can create a cron job to do this. For example

# Generated sleep schedule:
0 3 * * * /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/scripts/s3_sleep -S &> /dev/null

Put the above code in the file dynamix.s3.sleep.cron and save it under /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep

This will ensure the cron job is loaded upon each system restart.

To make the new cron job loaded the first time (without system restart) you can execute from command line: update_cron

Use your pfsense cron job from another system to awake unRAID at a fixed time.

I forgot to mention...

When you decide to start the s3_sleep script using a cron job then it is recommended to disable the s3_sleep function in the GUI, otherwise these might interfere with each other.

Just finished testing. Working well. Thanks for a great plugin & for the help. Now on to setting up the  UPS, picked up a CP1500PFCLCD.

Speaking of which, I'm in the process of testing the UPS and it does not appear to shutdown the unRAID server despite getting the proper events.

I detailed the problem here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=42429.0

Now, I'm curious as to whether it has something to do with the s3_sleep plugin, which I currently have set to disabled? Or is this unrelated?

Edit:

This could be related to a rc5 bug, please disregard post

I'm trying to get my temps showing but without luck. I've read the new wiki page and when I run sensors it shows me all the sensors. I've also made sure now that the sensors.conf file is in /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/dynamix.cfg which I just read here. Rebooted but still the DETECT button doesn't work in the System Temps plugin. The autofan plugin however detects the fans just fine. What am I doing wrong?

Can anybody help out?

If you want fixed sleep times unconditionally, you can create a cron job to do this. For example

# Generated sleep schedule:
0 3 * * * /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/scripts/s3_sleep -S &> /dev/null

Put the above code in the file dynamix.s3.sleep.cron and save it under /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep

This will ensure the cron job is loaded upon each system restart.

To make the new cron job loaded the first time (without system restart) you can execute from command line: update_cron

Use your pfsense cron job from another system to awake unRAID at a fixed time.

In connection with the Diagnostics, I'd like to suggest a few tweaks -

* change the lspci command to lspci -knn  (more helpful info)

* change the lsscsi command to lsscsi -vgl  (more helpful info, also adds the ata numbers!)

* add a ps list, not sure the best options, perhaps ps -eF ?

Getting the right ata numbers for the drives would be very useful.

I have made an update to the diagnostics utility and included your suggestions, plus some more ...

Nice work!  Nice additions!

There's one change that I personally don't like, but is a great idea for others (so just ignore me!).  That's the addition of the ata numbers to the drive names in the SMART folder.  I can see how that will be a really nice help for most, because the main reason you want the ata numbers is when you are looking at exceptions in the syslog, and want to know which drive.  For me, it makes a little more work when I want to compare an older SMART report with a newer one, because ata numbers are variable and change a lot, almost as much as sd symbols.  But that's much less important than making it easier for inexperienced users.  I suppose if you are adding that, you might consider adding disk number and symbol (e.g. _ata4_md2_sdj or _ata4_d4_sdj, _ata7_par_sdc or _ata7_p_sdj, _ata13_cache2_sdw or _ata13_c2_sdw).  See what you started!

I still would like to see, some day, a Main page text mockup, with drive names and symbols (and ata numbers!), with errors and I/O counts and free space and status info (abbreviations for color balls/icons).  It would really help give an at-a-glance view of what the user is seeing.  I know this is more work though ...

Unless there's more going into the qemu folder, non-log files, could it be combined into the logs folder?

The Diagnostics page needs updating (something you already know).  There's no Help text for it, but the whole page IS help text!