Dynamix - V6 Plugins

I seem to be getting the following error at exactly 1 min intervals in my syslog, and since autofan is set is run at 1 min intervals i assume it to be the culprit.  "Aug 30 22:37:01 Tower kernel: FAT-fs (sdm1): FAT read failed (blocknr 2224)" The only fat formatted drive i have is my os usb which is currently sda, and my drives go from sda till sdl, how would I trace the cause of this error. Any help would be appreciated.

By the way I am on unraid 6.0.1

Thanks

Deon

I seem to be getting the following error at exactly 1 min intervals in my syslog, and since autofan is set is run at 1 min intervals i assume it to be the culprit.  "Aug 30 22:37:01 Tower kernel: FAT-fs (sdm1): FAT read failed (blocknr 2224)" The only fat formatted drive i have is my os usb which is currently sda, and my drives go from sda till sdl, how would I trace the cause of this error. Any help would be appreciated.

By the way I am on unraid 6.0.1

Thanks

Deon

Please see Need help? Read me first!, and attach the diagnostics zip.

Still trying to figure out why my temps aren't detected by the system temp plugin. When I hit detect button nothing happens. I searched the log for sensor but nothing. I have sensors.conf in /boot/config like stated and contains:

chip "k8temp-pci-00c3"
label temp1 "CPU Temp"
label temp2 "MB Temp"

If I do sensors in telnet I can see all the temps. Fan Autocontrol plugin also sees my fans. Why isn't System Temp seeing my temps?

Hi I don't know If I'm the only one but it seems that the S3 sleep plugin doesn't run commands after the wake up.

Since when I wake up my server, all my disks are spinning but unraid seems to see them idle, so i'm trying to run a script to spin all my drive after a wake up "to fix" it.

for disknum in 0 `ls /dev/md* | sed "sX/dev/mdXX"`; do mdcmd spinup $disknum; done

thanks in advance for any help.

So this will be my 3rd time posting a bug for the cache_dirs plugin and I hope this time I am posting in the correct thread.

I just installed the cache_dirs v1.6.9  plugin for unRAID V6.0.1.  When I try to include 4 directories and press Apply, the first directory gets unchecked/dropped.  So the result is that cached_dirs only caches 3 out of the four.  My directories are named as follows: Asia, Movies, PBN, Shows

To include the first directory, Asia, I have to use the User Defined options of -i Asia.

So this will be my 3rd time posting a bug for the cache_dirs plugin and I hope this time I am posting in the correct thread.

I just installed the cache_dirs v1.6.9  plugin for unRAID V6.0.1.  When I try to include 4 directories and press Apply, the first directory gets unchecked/dropped.  So the result is that cached_dirs only caches 3 out of the four.  My directories are named as follows: Asia, Movies, PBN, Shows

To include the first directory, Asia, I have to use the User Defined options of -i Asia.

Yes, you are in the right place.  The cache_dirs plugin is a Dynamix V6 plugin that is a GUI front end for the Joe L. cache_dirs script.

I have seen the same when I select directories for cache_dirs to scan.  The first one gets dropped.

Bonienl will have to take a look at it to see if he can reproduce the issue.  I can help with some debug if you need it bonienl.

I'm having an issue with the Stats plugin, ever since updating it isn't maintaining any historical data. I can see real time data, and I can see all the data prior to the update but everything in between shows nothing.

I have removed and reinstalled the plugin but it hasn't helped, any ideas?

Yes, you are in the right place.  The cache_dirs plugin is a Dynamix V6 plugin that is a GUI front end for the Joe L. cache_dirs script.

I have seen the same when I select directories for cache_dirs to scan.  The first one gets dropped.

Bonienl will have to take a look at it to see if he can reproduce the issue.  I can help with some debug if you need it bonienl.

I found the issue and need to make a correction, when ready I'll make a new version available.

I'm having an issue with the Stats plugin, ever since updating it isn't maintaining any historical data. I can see real time data, and I can see all the data prior to the update but everything in between shows nothing.

What is the content of the folder: /var/log/sa?

ls -l /var/log/sa

I found the issue and need to make a correction, when ready I'll make a new version available.

Thank you.

What is the content of the folder: /var/log/sa?

ls -l /var/log/sa

I updated from 6.0.1 to 6.1 last night, after a reboot the stats plugin is working again.

Thanks,

Wob

For those interested in testing the local master browser detection functionality, I have created a proof-of-concept plugin which works with unRAID v6.1 only (installation will fail on older versions).

This plugin adds an icon in the header at the top-right of the screen when unRAID is elected as LMB. This status is dynamically updated in the background.

Under SMB workgroup settings the current elected LMB is displayed with name and IP address.

You can try out this plugin by installing it from the plugins manager page.

Copy and paste this URL:

https://raw.github.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.local.master.plg

Any feedback, please let me know.

On my unRAID server the Local Master is shown as 192.168.122.1.   

The problem is that this address is not visible from other PC's on the LAN, so they will not realise that the unRAID server wants to be the Local master and will choose their own master.  That can result in the not seeing the unRAID server properly.

The 192.168.122.1 address is that associated with virbr0.  I do not think that unRAID should be letting any of the NAT style bridges act as the Local Master?  Should this be raised as defect?

On my unRAID server the Local Master is shown as 192.168.122.1.   

The problem is that this address is not visible from other PC's on the LAN, so they will not realise that the unRAID server wants to be the Local master and will choose their own master.  That can result in the not seeing the unRAID server properly.

The 192.168.122.1 address is that associated with virbr0.  I do not think that unRAID should be letting any of the NAT style bridges act as the Local Master?  Should this be raised as defect?

Here is what I think is going on.  When a virtual Network device is being emulated, The emulation software is essentially acting as a NAT (or a router).  The address which appears to the outside of the box is within the range of the your LAN.  The emulation software, however, is assigning addresses for use inside the box.  It then does address translation just like your network router does as it interfaces between your LAN and the WAN. 

EDIT:  BTW, it seems to be working perfect on both of my machines!

Under workgroup settings, it shows a win10 laptop as elected master. While this machine has the "highet" win version, the eletion is incorrect, as there is a domain controller on the net, that should be elected as master browser !??

I don't think this is a problem with the Plugin.  What you are seeing is why I asked to have this plugin developed.  You have a problem and you are going to have troubleshoot (Google is your friend) your network and figure out why the Domain Controller is not ending up as the Local Master.  (As I understand it, it SHOULD be!)

Yeah, it is unclear why that is happening.

I had a thought.  The IP address is a bit of unneeded information as the name of the Local Master is also displayed.  That name *should* be unique on the Samba network.  The name is the really important item.  You might want to consider one of the two approaches:

1-- Don't display the IP address in all cases, just display the server name.

2-- If you can easily detect that that Network adapter is being virtualized, don't display the IP address.  For the other cases, display the IP address.

Be aware that I would really like to have that IP address just as a bit of information but not at the cost of not having some indication of which computer is currently serving as the Local

Master!  I really don't know what percentage of users are actually using a VM but I do know that they will be always be pointing out the issue.  ::)

I upgraded to 6.1 and installed the LMB plugin.  Settings -> SMB -> Workgroup shows:

* Workgroup: WORKGROUP

* Local master browser: Yes

* Current elected master:  TOWER • 192.168.122.1

My network is on the 192.168.10.x subnet.

Here is the output of the nmblookup command from TOWER:

Linux 4.1.5-unRAID.
root@Tower:~# nmblookup -M -- -
192.168.122.1 __MSBROWSE__<01>

Per the instructions here:

http://scottiestech.info/2009/02/14/how-to-determine-the-master-browser-in-a-windows-workgroup/

From a windows computer I ran:

nbtstat -a TOWER

and it shows that TOWER is the master browser for WORKGROUP:

Name               Type         Status
--------------------------------------------
TOWER          <00>  UNIQUE      Registered
TOWER          <03>  UNIQUE      Registered
TOWER          <20>  UNIQUE      Registered
..__MSBROWSE__.<01>  GROUP       Registered
WORKGROUP      <00>  GROUP       Registered
WORKGROUP      <1D>  UNIQUE      Registered
WORKGROUP      <1E>  GROUP       Registered

However, my ASUS router (running Merlin) also thinks it is the master browser for WORKGROUP:

nbtstat -a RT-AC68U

RT-AC68U       <00>  UNIQUE      Registered
RT-AC68U       <03>  UNIQUE      Registered
RT-AC68U       <20>  UNIQUE      Registered

Is this a problem?  Should I disable LMB for TOWER and let the router handle it?

I upgraded to 6.1 and installed the LMB plugin.  Settings -> SMB -> Workgroup shows:

* Workgroup: WORKGROUP

* Local master browser: Yes

* Current elected master:  TOWER • 192.168.122.1

My network is on the 192.168.10.x subnet.

Here is the output of the nmblookup command from TOWER:

Linux 4.1.5-unRAID.
root@Tower:~# nmblookup -M -- -

Per the instructions here:

http://scottiestech.info/2009/02/14/how-to-determine-the-master-browser-in-a-windows-workgroup/

From a windows computer I ran:

nbtstat -a TOWER

and it shows that TOWER is the master browser for WORKGROUP:

TOWER          <00>  UNIQUE      Registered
TOWER          <03>  UNIQUE      Registered
TOWER          <20>  UNIQUE      Registered

However, my ASUS router (running Merlin) also thinks it is the master browser for WORKGROUP:

nbtstat -a RT-AC68U

RT-AC68U       <00>  UNIQUE      Registered
RT-AC68U       <03>  UNIQUE      Registered
RT-AC68U       <20>  UNIQUE      Registered

Is this a problem?  Should I disable LMB for TOWER and let the router handle it?

I'm seeing the same results as you. I'm not sure where IP address 192.168.122.1 is coming from, since my subnet is 192.168.1.x. Maybe it is normal behavior.

root@SUN:~# nmblookup -M -- -

root@SUN:~# ping 192.168.122.1

PING 192.168.122.1 (192.168.122.1) 56(84) bytes of data.

64 bytes from 192.168.122.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.048 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.122.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.055 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.122.1: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=0.048 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.122.1: icmp_seq=4 ttl=64 time=0.059 ms

^C

--- 192.168.122.1 ping statistics ---

4 packets transmitted, 4 received, 0% packet loss, time 2999ms

rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.048/0.052/0.059/0.008 ms

I think I found a bug in the Fan Auto Control plugin, but it's actually working as a feature for me - so please don't fix it unless you add a feature that allows the exclusion of certain drives from the temperature check.

I just switched to an mSATA SSD cache drive and (eventually) noticed that the high temp it's reporting in the UNRAID dashboard isn't causing my fans to spin faster. I took a look at the source for the plugin and see that you are using grep to find the Temperature_Celsius attribute from the output of smartctl. However, manually running that command on my SSD returns nothing because this drive doesn't report temperature using the Temperature_Celsius attribute and instead uses the Airflow_Temperature_Cel attribute. This drive is a 500GB Samsung 850 EVO mSATA SSD and I bet there are other drives out there that report temperature in the same way via smartctl.

So to fix this I think you could just modify the plugin so that if grep for Temperature_Celsius returns nothing then you look for Airflow_Temperature_Cel.

However, in my case my SSD is running a bit hot and more importantly is not near the array drives/fans so it really shouldn't be driving the fan speed (unless it was a different fan). So if you do fix this please add the option to exclude a drive (or drives) from the temp check so they don't affect fan speed. I think it would be good for other people too because I see lots of people moving to SSD cache drives and PC cases often have the SSDs mounted in entirely different locations.

I am using the "Dynamix System Buttons" program on my system. When I click "reboot" it does not restart my array. It only Stops the array and will take the array off-line. I then have to click the restart button on unRAID itself to finally get it to reboot. This works one a friends machine so my guess is my virtual machines are causing this. I noticed that reboot will not trigger my powerdown S00.sh scripts like if I were to type "powerdown -r" into SSH. Any thoughts on if I am on the right track?

Relevant syslog attached