Dynamix - V6 Plugins

I am using the "Dynamix System Buttons" program on my system. When I click "reboot" it does not restart my array. It only Stops the array and will take the array off-line. I then have to click the restart button on unRAID itself to finally get it to reboot. This works one a friends machine so my guess is my virtual machines are causing this. I noticed that reboot will not trigger my powerdown S00.sh scripts like if I were to type "powerdown -r" into SSH. Any thoughts on if I am on the right track?

Relevant syslog attached

When you keep CTRL pressed, while selecting reboot, it will initiate the powerdown script (if installed) instead of the standard reboot sequence.

I am using the "Dynamix System Buttons" program on my system. When I click "reboot" it does not restart my array. It only Stops the array and will take the array off-line. I then have to click the restart button on unRAID itself to finally get it to reboot. This works one a friends machine so my guess is my virtual machines are causing this. I noticed that reboot will not trigger my powerdown S00.sh scripts like if I were to type "powerdown -r" into SSH. Any thoughts on if I am on the right track?

Relevant syslog attached

When you keep CTRL pressed, while selecting reboot, it will initiate the powerdown script (if installed) instead of the standard reboot sequence.

Oh, that's awesome! You really think of everything!

Oh, that's awesome! You really think of everything!

You haven't seen my special version  ;D

Whoa, first docker and KVM and next drink service! "unRAID the most advanced NAS in the world! It even serves drinks because WHY NOT?" disclaimer the general surgeon and Lime Tech discourage copious amounts of beer drinking. The definition of copious is left up to the interpretation of each user.

Forgive me if this has been answered already, but what happens to the VMs when the S3 Sleep happens and consequently when the machine is awaken via the WOL? Are they sent a shutdown commmand?

As upon inspection it would appear that the VMs aren't gracefully shutdown and restarted with sleep/wake. Is that something difficult to implement?

Hi

In version 6.1.2 autofan cannot be started by using the enable and disable button, it only stops and will not start back up again. Any ideas on how to fix this. In the syslog it would normally shows it stopping then starting again when a value is changed but now it just stops only and show not running in its settings tab. After a reboot it starts again though.

Thanks

Deon

Hi I don't know If I'm the only one but it seems that the S3 sleep plugin doesn't run commands after the wake up.

Since when I wake up my server, all my disks are spinning but unraid seems to see them idle, so i'm trying to run a script to spin all my drive after a wake up "to fix" it.

for disknum in 0 `ls /dev/md* | sed "sX/dev/mdXX"`; do mdcmd spinup $disknum; done

thanks in advance for any help.

Same problem here. The commands no longer run after wake up so the drive status gets out of sync and as a result some drives never spin down. I am on 6.1.2 and it hasn't worked since a few versions ago but before that S3 Sleep worked perfectly other than the drive temps sometimes not showing but that's a different problem.

Hi I don't know If I'm the only one but it seems that the S3 sleep plugin doesn't run commands after the wake up.

Since when I wake up my server, all my disks are spinning but unraid seems to see them idle, so i'm trying to run a script to spin all my drive after a wake up "to fix" it.

for disknum in 0 `ls /dev/md* | sed "sX/dev/mdXX"`; do mdcmd spinup $disknum; done

Same problem here. The commands no longer run after wake up so the drive status gets out of sync and as a result some drives never spin down. I am on 6.1.2 and it hasn't worked since a few versions ago but before that S3 Sleep worked perfectly other than the drive temps sometimes not showing but that's a different problem.

Try it with a reference to /usr/local/sbin/mdcmd

Try it with a reference to /usr/local/sbin/mdcmd

Thanks Bonienl. That seems to have fixed it.

I installed the system temp plugin but the detect button is not detecting anything.

What should I do? (Didn't reboot the server though - will that help?)

Board is a Supermicro X7SBA

You need to install perl to detect. It was removed from stock unRAID. Search this thread for perl.

OK, I see.

I'm almost sure that I read that dynamix has perl included already.

Although, knowing where I read it won't help.

While perl is not necessary to run the temps plugin, I will avoid polluting my install.

I will set up a trial USB, install perl, grab the info and insert that into the plugin.

Should work or?

To use powerdown with those buttons, press the ctrl key then click the button to reboot.

That doesn't work in Safari. Ctrl has it's own special functions. Copy link, open link in new tab, etc.

I can assign it to the SHIFT key instead of the CTRL key, will that work in Safari ?

Looks like SHIFT doesn't have anything special mapped to it in Safari if you still want to do Shift+power button press=call to powerdown script. dlandon's idea might be better though.