Dynamix - V6 Plugins

I'm trying to gracefully shutdown the VMs when sleep occurs and added

/etc/rc.d/rc.libvirt stop to "Custom commands before sleep" and

/etc/rc.d/rc.libvirt start to "Custom commands after wake-up".

I'm noticing it's not running "/etc/rc.d/rc.libvirt stop" before sleep. Thoughts?

Can you enable DEBUG mode and check/post the results.

So I basically have my Windows VM on, invoke the sleep, VM doesn't gracefully exit (as /etc/rc.d/rc.libvirt stop would normally do if I execute on the command line), then server sleeps.

Upon wake, I'm presented with a BSOD on the Windows VM (gpu passthrough) monitor.

Screenshot of S3 sleep config screen:

syslog.txt

Stats historical logging does not appear to be working. When I select to show me any previous time frame, 2 days, week, month etc, it just shows me the last 12 or so hours.

The history logging can not be longer than the uptime of your system. What is your uptime?

That would explain it, I had recently rebooted to add hardware.

Would it be possible to update the OP with a description or picture (if needed for better explanation) of the listed plugins?

If not, (and I may be missing this) a link to entries in the wiki explaining them?

I know that time could be better spent making plugins, however without reading through the thread some of them aren't very clear, while others are obviously self-explanatory.

Something like this:

Active Streams - Monitor open connections and streams.

Cache Dirs  - Cache directories into RAM to minimize disc spin-up for directory listings

S3 Sleep    - Add the S3 sleep state into UnRAID (settings include .....)

System Info - Display detailed system information (not at server, is it processes, ram, components, etc...?)

System Stats - So many stats your eye will get all big and funny looking...  :o

System Temp - Display CPU/MB/etc... temps within UnRAID, displayed at bottom of webGUI

System AutoFan - Regulate fan speeds based on temperature, settings, disc state, etc...

Schedules - Schedule things (I have no clue)

System Buttons - (I believe this allows setting of actions to mappable buttons, and also one button shutdown/restart? If not please advise)

Local Master - for PoC purposes

I also had noticed a decent amount of replies with people confused about getting the drivers or various sensors detected for fan related or temp related issues.

I know there is some info in a wiki, some talk about a newer sensors-detect script, etc...

Could this be linked, or explained or something for people trying to setup those plugins?

I'm more than willing to do some legwork to help and categorize things as needed, however things change so I'd hate to recommend something viable from V5 that is totally different now in V6.

So I basically have my Windows VM on, invoke the sleep, VM doesn't gracefully exit (as /etc/rc.d/rc.libvirt stop would normally do if I execute on the command line), then server sleeps.

Upon wake, I'm presented with a BSOD on the Windows VM (gpu passthrough) monitor.

Screenshot of S3 sleep config screen:

I think you use the sleep button to invoke an immediate sleep.

There was a bug which did not start the pre- and post commands when using the sleep button.

I have made a correction, you can use the plugin manager to update.

Would it be possible to update the OP with a description or picture (if needed for better explanation) of the listed plugins?

If not, (and I may be missing this) a link to entries in the wiki explaining them?

I know that time could be better spent making plugins, however without reading through the thread some of them aren't very clear, while others are obviously self-explanatory.

Something like this:

Active Streams - Monitor open connections and streams.

Cache Dirs  - Cache directories into RAM to minimize disc spin-up for directory listings

S3 Sleep    - Add the S3 sleep state into UnRAID (settings include .....)

System Info - Display detailed system information (not at server, is it processes, ram, components, etc...?)

System Stats - So many stats your eye will get all big and funny looking...  :o

System Temp - Display CPU/MB/etc... temps within UnRAID, displayed at bottom of webGUI

System AutoFan - Regulate fan speeds based on temperature, settings, disc state, etc...

Schedules - Schedule things (I have no clue)

System Buttons - (I believe this allows setting of actions to mappable buttons, and also one button shutdown/restart? If not please advise)

Local Master - for PoC purposes

I also had noticed a decent amount of replies with people confused about getting the drivers or various sensors detected for fan related or temp related issues.

I know there is some info in a wiki, some talk about a newer sensors-detect script, etc...

Could this be linked, or explained or something for people trying to setup those plugins?

I'm more than willing to do some legwork to help and categorize things as needed, however things change so I'd hate to recommend something viable from V5 that is totally different now in V6.

I will add some descriptions when time permits. DONE

I think you use the sleep button to invoke an immediate sleep.

There was a bug which did not start the pre- and post commands when using the sleep button.

I have made a correction, you can use the plugin manager to update.

Thanks, the pre- and post commands now get executed when the sleep button is pressed. However, I'm experiencing the same issue when executing the command.

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/scripts/s3_sleep -S

I notice the switch:

-b name     execute shell script 'name' before sleep

So I assume I need to create a script with "/etc/rc.d/rc.libvirt stop" and pass that on to the s3_sleep command. I'm assuming that's the correct way to go about it?

EDIT:

Just tried it, it seems to work as well. Thanks for the great work.

Dear friends, I set up the S3 sleep plugin, My Unraid server goes gracefully to sleep and wake up with the magic packet.... but after the wake up it seems that Unraid cannot read the usb flash stick correctly: the log reports some errors, reading blocks from the usb stick. This happens only after S3 sleep, so the usb stick is OK. I think this is due to a delay in the USB power up. Any suggestion to solve this problem? With this issue I cannot use S3 sleep because, after the  reading failure, I cannot use some functions (like Unmenu and others) and Unraid starts a parity check....

Dear friends, I set up the S3 sleep plugin, My Unraid server goes gracefully to sleep and wake up with the magic packet.... but after the wake up it seems that Unraid cannot read the usb flash stick correctly: the log reports some errors, reading blocks from the usb stick. This happens only after S3 sleep, so the usb stick is OK. I think this is due to a delay in the USB power up. Any suggestion to solve this problem? With this issue I cannot use S3 sleep because, after the  reading failure, I cannot use some functions (like Unmenu and others) and Unraid starts a parity check....

Perhaps a "sleep XX" (XX is number of seconds to wait) command in the post wake-up box may help ?

Hello

I have the System Temp plugin installed and working. I would like to control a fan in my server closet via Tasker Android app (or Vera z-wave hub) based on the temperature.

Is there any way I can obtain the current temperatures as reported by System Temp plugin via HTTP request?

thanks

I have been using autofan for several years, starting from dan stroot's version, right up to the current 'dynamix' version and never had any problems with it.  Yesterday I swapped my fans and added a third.

On powering up, autofan failed to start.  I spent much time fiddling with settings, including disabling/enabling on the setup screen.  Whatever I did on that screen, autofan would never start.  In the end, I resorted to entering the following command in an ssh session, and autofan started, and is still running correctly several hours later:

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/scripts/rc.autofan start

I haven't tried rebooting since then and am concerned that autofan may fail to start after the next power cut.  Should it be possible to get autofan to start from the web gui - if so, how?

Perhaps a "sleep XX" (XX is number of seconds to wait) command in the post wake-up box may help ?

Thank you for your suggestion. I found out that I had problems with my USB boot stick. After replacement and licence migration all is OK. I still have a minor issue after wake up: the server monitor console doesn't work any more (switched off), but everything else works correctly. I don't know why, but I hardly ever use the console, so this isn't a real problem.