Dynamix - V6 Plugins

Now. let's look at the second part of your question.  Go to the "Settings" page, then click on the "SMB" icon (Microsoft flag), then you will see three tabs on that page.  Now, click on the "Workgroup Settings" tab.  That is where you will find the information on which server is the Local Master.  You will NOT see the yoda symbol UNLESS your server is the Local Master.  It does not become the Local Master just because you gave it permission to be come the Local Master--- BTW, that is what the "Local master browser:" allows.  It must also 'win' the periodical 'election' to become the Local Master!  You also have to give it permission to monitor which computer is the Local Master by enabling the "Monitor local master election:" option.  IF your server is not the Local Master, you will have to go to this page to find out which one is.

If you are having an election problem, let's take that up in a separate thread.

Thank you, Frank.  That was very informative.  I don't see what you say I should see.  Here's what I see instead.  I'm on version 6.1.4.  I've installed this twice and uninstalled between installations. Is there anything else I can do? 

Capture.jpg.26745e786e1b09895b4190fdbe5905da.jpg

Now. let's look at the second part of your question.  Go to the "Settings" page, then click on the "SMB" icon (Microsoft flag), then you will see three tabs on that page.  Now, click on the "Workgroup Settings" tab.  That is where you will find the information on which server is the Local Master.  You will NOT see the yoda symbol UNLESS your server is the Local Master.  It does not become the Local Master just because you gave it permission to be come the Local Master--- BTW, that is what the "Local master browser:" allows.  It must also 'win' the periodical 'election' to become the Local Master!  You also have to give it permission to monitor which computer is the Local Master by enabling the "Monitor local master election:" option.  IF your server is not the Local Master, you will have to go to this page to find out which one is.

If you are having an election problem, let's take that up in a separate thread.

Thank you, Frank.  That was very informative.  I don't see what you say I should see.  Here's what I see instead.  I'm on version 6.1.4.  I've installed this twice and uninstalled between installations. Is there anything else I can do?

Did you read this reply from the developer of the Plugin?

You need to update to the latest unRAID version 6.1.9.

Sorry, I missed that.  I think I got sidetracked by your long post.  You also have to realize that I have incredibly limited time to do this.  I basically have maybe 15 minutes or so every few weeks to pursue these types of projects.  I work from as early as I can get into my office until as late as I can stay.  Two days a week, I go in as early as possible so I can get home to have dinner with the family.  My weekends are filled with other projects.  I have a mentally ill mother I'm trying to take care of, for instance.  I have a ton of stuff on my plate, so when I click on "view the reply at..." and it comes up with the latest post (NOT the post from developer), I read that post and your post and not the earlier posts. 

So, to be honest with you, I had no idea anyone posted before your post.  I will upgrade (when I get the time -- have no idea when that will be, probably several months), and report back.

Sorry, I missed that.  I think I got sidetracked by your long post.  You also have to realize that I have incredibly limited time to do this.  I basically have maybe 15 minutes or so every few weeks to pursue these types of projects.  I work from as early as I can get into my office until as late as I can stay.  Two days a week, I go in as early as possible so I can get home to have dinner with the family.  My weekends are filled with other projects.  I have a mentally ill mother I'm trying to take care of, for instance.  I have a ton of stuff on my plate, so when I click on "view the reply at..." and it comes up with the latest post (NOT the post from developer), I read that post and your post and not the earlier posts. 

So, to be honest with you, I had no idea anyone posted before your post.  I will upgrade (when I get the time -- have no idea when that will be, probably several months), and report back.

No apology necessary.  Just wanted you to be aware that  bonienl had seen your post and had commented on it.  Unfortunately, he did not quote your post in it so it was easy to miss.  Bonienl is also the developer of the GUI as well as these plugins.  I believe that the GUI updates (at least at this time) are tied to the releases of the core unRAID package.  It could well be that some code was modified in the GUI (or a package was added to unRAID) to allow this plugin to function. 

I might be going insane (or already am), but I could swear SSD Trim had a setting under the Scheduler to schedule it to run and that I set it up to run Weekly. I just went into settings and couldn't find it at all (upgraded a few things first). Am I missing something? Or is this not available as a UI setting anymore and I have to go mess with the go file in the config to copy it to a cronjob somewhere?

I might be going insane (or already am), but I could swear SSD Trim had a setting under the Scheduler to schedule it to run and that I set it up to run Weekly. I just went into settings and couldn't find it at all (upgraded a few things first). Am I missing something? Or is this not available as a UI setting anymore and I have to go mess with the go file in the config to copy it to a cronjob somewhere?

As Myk says, but I've known it to disappear after some update or other. Uninstalling it then re-installing it fixed the problem.

As Myk says, but I've known it to disappear after some update or other. Uninstalling it then re-installing it fixed the problem.

Thanks, that was it!

I installed the system temp plugin because I keep getting message from the kernel about temps above threshold and throttled CPU. I think these are fast positives but trying to make sure. When temperature do I look at for CPU?

coretemp - Physical id 0 - 99.0 C
coretemp - Core 0 - 99.0 C
coretemp - Core 1 - 100.0 C
coretemp - Core 2 - 96.0 C
coretemp - Core 3 - 91.0 C
nct6776 - MB Temp - 27.0 C
nct6776 - CPU Temp - 39.0 C
nct6776 - AUXTIN - 56.0 C
nct6776 - PECI Agent - 95.0 C

I'm just confused at how the CPU core temperatures can be so much higher than the CPU temperature.

I installed the system temp plugin because I keep getting message from the kernel about temps above threshold and throttled CPU. I think these are fast positives but trying to make sure. When temperature do I look at for CPU?

I'm just confused at how the CPU core temperatures can be so much higher than the CPU temperature.

I would be believing what the kernel is telling you until you have more substantial evidence that that assumption is wrong!  What I suspect is happening is that you have a problem with the bonding of the CPU cooler to the CPU chip.  Perhaps it is old/misapplied heat sink compound or a loose heat sink.  You should also check that CPU cooling fan is running. 

I would be believing what the kernel is telling you until you have more substantial evidence that that assumption is wrong!  What I suspect is happening is that you have a problem with the bonding of the CPU cooler to the CPU chip.  Perhaps it is old/misapplied heat sink compound or a loose heat sink.  You should also check that CPU cooling fan is running.

I strongly agree with Frank, you need to assume it's too hot, until you prove otherwise.  Two ways, reach in and touch metal close to the CPU and see if you burn your hand(!), or reboot and check what the BIOS says.

Did a little searching, and those numbers look suspect.  Apparently auxtin and PECI Agent are often miss-configured or possibly even miss-wired, and MB Temp and CPU Temp are probably arbitrarily assigned by you (in sensors.conf), not necessarily correct.  It's possible that PECI Agent is swapped with CPU Temp, not sure what auxtin is.

When this happened with my Xeon cpu - the stock cooler could not keep up.  I replaced it and have never had any problems since.  33C i would get throttling and cpu alarm intermittent - now it stays around 21-22C

Myk

33C i would get throttling and cpu alarm intermittent - now it stays around 21-22C

Myk

:o

22°C ??

It's getting summer now and I expect the ambient temps to be around 25°C in our homes.

Sometimes it will even hit the 30°C if we don't keep doors closed during the day.

I would have to place the PC in the refrigerator...

My best guess is, that the 33°C you see are not accurate.

Can't even remember if it is possible to set the CPU alarm to such a low value.

My CPU alarms are set to 70°C - Xeons and i5's and i7's

• 2 weeks later...

Mm cant wake him up for now..

I put it into sleep, then i woke up, app to wake up says its online, but when trying to go to gui, its not responsive

Edit: is there a way to check bios setting in the unraid gui to see if sleep is enabled..

I enabled it before back in v5 days, but cant remember if its still enabled

@bonienl could you pls help?

Is there a way to see if something is wrong?

I don't know if you will get a response from bonienl or not.  S3 sleep is/has been a source of problems for the past few years.  Some people have absolutely not problems using it and other have absolutely no luck! 

One thing, I do recall from a few years back is that the MB often has a part in any problems.  You should check to see if your MB has a BIOS update.  Google your MB and s3 problems.  Go to the manufacturer's website and download all manuals, search his forums.  Read those manuals and see if you have the BIOS set up correctly.  Try posting your problem in a separate thread in the User Customization portion of this forum.  A separate thread (properly titled) will focus on YOUR problem and is much more likely to be seen by someone who can help. 

I don't know if you will get a response from bonienl or not.  S3 sleep is/has been a source of problems for the past few years.  Some people have absolutely not problems using it and other have absolutely no luck! 

Microsoft can't even get it right all the time....  I have yet to have a desktop / laptop that will consistently go to sleep and/or wakeup properly

One thing, I do recall from a few years back is that the MB often has a part in any problems.  You should check to see if your MB has a BIOS update.  Google your MB and s3 problems.  Go to the manufacturer's website and download all manuals, search his forums.  Read those manuals and see if you have the BIOS set up correctly.  Try posting your problem in a separate thread in the User Customization portion of this forum.  A separate thread (properly titled) will focus on YOUR problem and is much more likely to be seen by someone who can help.

just found this

https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=17762.0

i also have this saslp card

and same mobo :(

guess im stuck?

unRAID v6 uses different 64-bit drivers and no guarantees exist that a working v5 solution will result in a working v6 solution.

You can enable debug mode in the s3 settings, but I doubt if it will reveal anything useful. Next best bet is to have a look at your BIOS settings and see if any changes on that level may help.

Does the System AutoFan plugin change the threshold on Supermicro IPMI? Or do I need to go through IPMITools to do that?

I have a fan that spins slower than the BMC threshold and want to lower it.

Thanks

No autofan does not control any IPMI related settings.