Dynamix - V6 Plugins

With the new Version 3.0.5, Sleep doesn't work anymore.

EDIT: It seems that the Button is not working. The script itself sends the server to sleep if the timesettings are reached.

EDIT2: FYI: Dynamix System Buttons Plugin doesn't work too.

Edited by Zonediver

same here.

s3_sleep version: 3.0.5 after reboot status is stopped. 
After re-save it shows running till next reboot.

first thought it´s because of my random wake up script 

time=09:55
now=$(date +%s)
other=$(date -d $time +%s)
dayofweek=$(date +%u)
if [ $now -ge $other  ] && [ $dayofweek -lt 5 ]
then
	echo `date '+%s' --date='tomorrow 09:55:00'` > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm
elif [ $dayofweek -ge 5 ]
then
   echo `date '+%s' --date='next monday 09:55:00'` > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm
else
   echo `date '+%s' --date='today 09:55:00'` > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm
fi

but tested without it and same result. 

p.s this bad syntax is the only one that worked for me. 

Edited by feraay
14 hours ago, Zonediver said:

With the new Version 3.0.5, Sleep doesn't work anymore.

EDIT: It seems that the Button is not working. The script itself sends the server to sleep if the timesettings are reached.

EDIT2: FYI: Dynamix System Buttons Plugin doesn't work too.

S3 Sleep v3.0.5 is not working for me as well. In my case neither the buttons nor the sleep timer appears to be working correctly. 

On 22.9.2016 at 10:28 PM, Guzzi said:

Hi bonienl, I know you're busy with latest GUI update implementation, just wanted to ask, if this could get either more testing or updated (maybe with an option) to the repo. Works fine for me, so I am personally fine with it, just have to overwrite it whenever I boot.

@johnnie.black, as you were interested too, would you like to test it? Simply rename attached file of OP to autofan and copy it into /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/scripts and restart the tool (e.g. update a setting in the GUI will restart it using the updated script).

Hi bonienl,

seems the former attachment is gone during forum migration - still would like to ask you to add the exclusion of SSDs within the autofan script.

The relevant change is here:

# Obtain the ID of your flash drive (your flash drive is named "UnRaid" right?)
flash=/dev/`ls -l /dev/disk/by-label| grep UNRAID | cut -d/ -f3 | cut -c 1-3`

# Obtain the SSDs of your system
ssds=/dev/`ls -l /dev/disk/by-id| grep SSD | grep -v part | cut -d/ -f3 | cut -c 1-3`

# Count the number of drives in your array (ignoring the flash drive we identified)
# NUM_OF_DRIVES=$(ls /dev/[hs]d? | grep -v "$flash" | wc -l)
NUM_OF_DRIVES=$(ls /dev/[hs]d? | grep -v "$flash" | grep -v "$ssds" | wc -l)

# Identify the drives in your array so we can test their temperature
COUNT=1
# for d in $(ls /dev/[hs]d? | grep -v "$flash"); do
for d in $(ls /dev/[hs]d? | grep -v "$flash" | grep -v "$ssds"); do
  HD[$COUNT]=$d
  #echo HDD=${HD[$COUNT]}                               # Uncomment for debugging
  COUNT=$[$COUNT+1]
done

function_get_highest_hd_temp() {
[...]

instead of hardcoded grep of 'SSD' this could also be replaced by a GUI editable search expression or regex...

Warning: file_get_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6775.656/hwmon/hwmon1/fan6_min): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php on line 67Warning: file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6775.656/hwmon/hwmon1/fan6_min): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php on line 69Warning: file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6775.656/hwmon/hwmon1/fan6_min): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php on line 86

Any ideas guys?

Im having multiple issues with using autofan.  Im using a SuperMicro X10SL7-F on Unraid 6.2.4.

PWM fan detection almost never detects the fans and when it does detecting the Minimum PWM value never spins the fans up and down to detect the values.  Any idea on where to start tracking this issue down?

On 3/12/2017 at 9:46 AM, GreenEyedMonster said:

Warning: file_get_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6775.656/hwmon/hwmon1/fan6_min): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php on line 67Warning: file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6775.656/hwmon/hwmon1/fan6_min): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php on line 69Warning: file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6775.656/hwmon/hwmon1/fan6_min): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php on line 86

Any ideas guys?

It looks like your current fan assignment is not present anymore. Check/change your setting for PWM controller and do a new detection of the PWM fan.

23 hours ago, Medwynd said:

Im having multiple issues with using autofan.  Im using a SuperMicro X10SL7-F on Unraid 6.2.4.

PWM fan detection almost never detects the fans and when it does detecting the Minimum PWM value never spins the fans up and down to detect the values.  Any idea on where to start tracking this issue down?

Do you have multiple choices for PWM controller? If yes, try different ones and use detection with each selection.

This is regarding the S3 sleep plugin. I plan to use it for shutting down my unraid box every night. I was wondering if the shutdown procedure cleanly stops all the docker containers before shutting down or do I have to use any pre-script command before the shutdown procedure begins?

10 hours ago, bonienl said:

Do you have multiple choices for PWM controller? If yes, try different ones and use detection with each selection.

Yes it does, 1 controller for each of 3 fans but the behavior is erratic at best.  Switching pwn controllers does not change the values in the rest of the fields.  Sometimes the detect works and sometimes it does not for the same controller.  Trying to detect the Minimum PWM value after it does detect a fan sometimes makes the fan just spin up and down in rapid succession instead of all the way down then all the way up again.  Sometimes detecting the minimum never spins the fan down and just sets back to detect.  It is so random I cant find a rhyme or reason to what it is doing.

2 hours ago, squashem said:

This is regarding the S3 sleep plugin. I plan to use it for shutting down my unraid box every night. I was wondering if the shutdown procedure cleanly stops all the docker containers before shutting down or do I have to use any pre-script command before the shutdown procedure begins?

The shutdown of the plugin peforms a "regular" shutdown and dockers/vms will be stopped in the process.

Having an issue with the System Stats plugin.  I have version 2016.11.03 - The network system stats is not accurate.  It will occasionally show a single spike that is so extreme I can't see the rest of the statistics.   There is no way I am sending at over 120Gb/sec

I'm wondering what would be the downsides to have dynamix SSD trim changed from executing

fstrim -v /mnt/cache

to be instead

fstrim -a -v

The latter will do a trim on all supported devices found (in addition, it also does a trim on the two btrfs loopback images regardless of what kind of device they are stored on...

If there is no downside, then why not change the plugin to do this?  (or does -a trim ALL btrfs volumes regardless of the type of device -> which may be pointless on spinners)

Edited by Squid
4 hours ago, Squid said:

If there is no downside, then why not change the plugin to do this?  (or does -a trim ALL btrfs volumes regardless of the type of device -> which may be pointless on spinners)

Seems like a good option to me, don't see any downsides, It didn't spun up my HDDs so it didn't try to trimmed them, and this will take care of trimming any btrfs unassigned devices (XFS unassigned devices don't need it since they are mounted with the discard option, although from what I've read that's not recommended for NVMe devices, fstrim should be done instead).

On 3/16/2017 at 9:03 AM, johnnie.black said:

Seems like a good option to me, don't see any downsides, It didn't spun up my HDDs so it didn't try to trimmed them, and this will take care of trimming any btrfs unassigned devices (XFS unassigned devices don't need it since they are mounted with the discard option, although from what I've read that's not recommended for NVMe devices, fstrim should be done instead).

Is there a way for you to test this and confirm?

I don't have the hardware myself to make these tests.

1 minute ago, bonienl said:

Is there a way for you to test this and confirm?

I don't have the hardware myself to make these tests.

I tested on 2 of my servers, one has a cache pool and 2 unassigned SSDs, those were the only ones trimmed (+ loop devices), disks were spun down and continued, so no issues, other server is my SSD only server, only the cache was trimmed since array SSDs don't support it, no errors also, looks like it only attempts to trim devices that support it.

11 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

I tested on 2 of my servers, one has a cache pool and 2 unassigned SSDs, those were the only ones trimmed (+ loop devices), disks were spun down and continued, so no issues, other server is my SSD only server, only the cache was trimmed since array SSDs don't support it, no errors also, looks like it only attempts to trim devices that support it.

You are quick :)

Thanks

It looks like the Cache Dirs plugin is preventing several of my drives from spinning down. I used the Open Files plugin to figure out that a find process was the only thing accessing the drives and after some forum searching realized that Cache Dirs might be the culprit. Sure enough, the drives seem to stay spun down after disabling Cache Dirs.

Is this a known issue? Or there any fixes or workarounds? I installed it long ago and didn't used to have this problem. I believe I'm using the default settings.

I'm on version 6.3.2.