Dynamix - V6 Plugins

12 minutes ago, TopTrainer said:

Hi I have in the last 30 minutes just updated the Dynamix System Buttons plugin. The red button on the top right hand-side of the interface for starting or shutting down now ceases to work so I am unable to start the array or shut down any advice on the way forward would be great version 6.3.3.

You were caught in the middle of an update. Do another "Check for updates" and install the latest version.

25 minutes ago, TopTrainer said:

Hi I have in the last 30 minutes just updated the Dynamix System Buttons plugin. The red button on the top right hand-side of the interface for starting or shutting down now ceases to work so I am unable to start the array or shut down any advice on the way forward would be great version 6.3.3.

What is wrong with using the buttons at the bottom of the Main tab?

i am not sure that the System Buttons plugin is 100% compatible with unRAID 6.3.3.

On 4/18/2017 at 9:14 PM, SlrG said:

@bonienl

I'm having problems with the S3 sleep plugin. It does sleep the server, but it does not recognize the correct spindown state of the drives. It often happens, that the system goes to sleep, even if there are still disks that are not spun down. See here:

Apr 18 20:39:46 lafiel s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 33 minute(s)
Apr 18 20:40:46 lafiel s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down
Apr 18 20:40:46 lafiel s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 32 minute(s)
Apr 18 20:41:26 lafiel kernel: mdcmd (121): spindown 0
Apr 18 20:41:27 lafiel kernel: mdcmd (122): spindown 2
Apr 18 20:41:46 lafiel s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down
Apr 18 20:41:46 lafiel s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 31 minute(s)
Apr 18 20:42:46 lafiel s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down

I've also attached my diagnostics file with the full log. Its easy to see, the plugin thinks all disks are spun down, while 0 and 2 were still running and spun down later by the system.

It was once working, then it stopped and needed a fix, where the user would need to add a command to spinup all disks on wakeup from sleep. Now it does not work any more even doing this.

Is there a known solution or is the reason known, why it doesn't work? Is there anything I can do, to make it work again?

lafiel-diagnostics-20170418-2031.zip

I have changed the hard disk activity check to look both at the disk state as reported by hdparm and the disk I/O counters as reported by /proc/diskstats.

New version is available, let me know your results.

I'm having trouble with latest version of dynamix S3 plugin. It's quite often reporting activity on SDD. But SDD is my only drive that is not used yet and the interface shows that the drives are all spun down.

Any advice?

Thx!

b0mb

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Sorry for misreading your post...

When you say SDD is not used, is it still part of the array?

Yes! It´s part of the array but it´s no data written to it yet ;)

Just woke my server from S3

May 2 20:41:48 twilightzone s3_sleep: Disk activity on going: sdc
May 2 20:41:48 twilightzone s3_sleep: Disk activity detected. Reset timers.
May 2 20:42:48 twilightzone s3_sleep: Disk activity on going: sdc
May 2 20:42:48 twilightzone s3_sleep: Disk activity detected. Reset timers.

All drives of my Array are shown as spundown....hmmmm

Edited by b0mb
After S3 waking up there might be a discrepancy in hard disk state. Manually "spin up" or "spin down" all disks to see if this gets corrected.

I guess so - manually spin down fixes the problem.

Any idea for a perm solution?

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk

Place the following code in Custom commands after wake-up

port=$(lsof -i -P -sTCP:LISTEN|grep -Pom1 '^emhttp.*:\K\d+')
token=$(grep csrf_token /var/local/emhttp/var.ini|tr -d '"')
wget -qO /dev/null 127.0.0.1:$port/update.htm?cmdSpindownAll=Spin%20Down\&$token

This will spin down all disks after wake up. Spin down can be replaced by Spin up if you want to have active disks instead.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, bonienl said:

Place the following code in Custom commands after wake-up

port=$(lsof -i -P -sTCP:LISTEN|grep -Pom1 '^emhttp.*:\K\d+')
token=$(grep csrf_token /var/local/emhttp/var.ini|tr -d '"')
wget -qO /dev/null 127.0.0.1:$port/update.htm?cmdSpindownAll=Spin%20Down\&$token

This will spin down all disks after wake up. Spin down can be replaced by Spin up if you want to have active disks instead.

I have been using "/usr/local/sbin/mdcmd spindown" in my after wakeup command without any problems for quite some time. Is there a compelling reason that i should be using a web-based version like you are suggesting?

Got the same problem like b0mb.

Yesterday i have updated to the latest S3 Sleep Version. From that point on my unRaid does not go to sleep anymore.

Started the S3 Sleep debug it shows that there is ongoing activity on SDD.

In the main it shown spun down but with temps displayed.

I have also tried executing /usr/local/sbin/mdcmd spindown but the problem remains.

Anyway to revert back to the last version of S3 sleep?

Edited by darkside40

Hi bonienl, the s3 plugin no longer shuts down my system ever since updating to the latest version. In the syslog I see nothing but "Disk activity ongoing" entries, every time for the first disk in my array, namely the parity disk.

The changelog indicated "disk state" is now considered in the disk activity check. Does this mean the disks have to be spun down in order to meet the requirements? From my observations that's exactly what happens. 

If this is intended, then this is a breaking change for me and anyone else who does not allow one or more of the disks considered to spin down. It also makes little sense for it to still check disk I/O as well if that's the case. A better solution would be to fall back on disk I/O if a particular disk is set to never spin down or add an option so we can change this behavior.

But if this is unintended, then I'm guessing this block is responsible:

diskio=($(grep -Pho "^$dev \K\d+" /dev/shm/1 /dev/shm/2))
if [[ -n $active || ${diskio[0]} != ${diskio[1]} ]]; then
	result=1
	break;
fi

You probably meant to do something like this:

if [[ -z $active ]]; then
	continue;
fi
diskio=($(grep -Pho "^$dev \K\d+" /dev/shm/1 /dev/shm/2))
if [[ ${diskio[0]} != ${diskio[1]} ]]; then
	result=1
	break;
fi

That would fix the issue.

Edited by lkn

Hi

S3 sleep was working perfectly until last update. Now it does not put system to sleep. My system has 4 spinning  1TB WD and Hitachi drives in the array and two ssd's drives set up in striped mode as cache.  I have "Monitor disks outside of array" set to "none. In debug mode the sleep log reported the system went to sleep at the end of the set excluded hours but in fact the system remained active and accessible and never went to sleep.

Appreciate your help and thank you for providing all of these great plugins. They are awesome to say the least.