Dynamix - V6 Plugins

Hi,

Well first of all, a huge thanks for you amazing work and very useful plugins. They are a huge plus to unRAID.

I have an issue with the Cache Dirs plugin. I have installed it 2 days ago. Since then, my cpu has always had about 10% unexplained more activity and my disks have been read all the time, preventing them to get spun down. At first, i fought it was normal, and that the caching needed to take place. But now, after more than 36 hours i am asking myself some questions. Is it normal for the caching to take so long? I have 3 3tb wd reds (of which one for 1 parity).

In attachement is a screenshot of my disk use. At about 13:00 i disabled the Cache directories plugin, before 13:00 the plugin was enabled. The server hasn't been used or accessed much during the period of time shown here (besides some downloading).

Is it normal for caching to take more than 36 hours on 2 3tb drives? If not, is there anything i can do to setup the plugin properly (i have the default settings)?

Thanks in advance!

Have a nice evening

N

diskuse.png

Edited by Lynxphp

Caching the shares (folders) usually is a matter of minutes not hours.

You can try to limit the folders for caching by explicitely setting an exclude or include list (not both). This will have an effect on both cpu and memory load. The caching script is running continuously to tell linux to keep information in memory.

• Upvote 1

Oh my god, my deepest apologies. I somehow assumed that the plugin would automatically detect what shares are on the array and start caching them, so i didn't specifiy any shares as "included folders".

I now did and it works like a charm!!!

Thanks for your work and your very quick reply.

Yeah, I need more time to do a proper solution and have it fully tested. Meanwhile the old version is made available again. Press "check for updates" to revert back.

Sorry for all inconvenience 

Still no update here seen... Does it take some time to appear? :-)

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk

8 hours ago, b0mb said:

Still no update here seen... Does it take some time to appear? :-)

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk

Same here. Tried it a couple of minutes ago, but no change. The broken version still shows as up-to-date.

Is there any cache that needs to be deleted?

On 11.5.2017 at 8:32 PM, bonienl said:

Yeah, I need more time to do a proper solution and have it fully tested. Meanwhile the old version is made available again. Press "check for updates" to revert back.

Sorry for all inconvenience :$

In my case, version 2017.04.28 is working without issues "but"... i must use these custom command after wakeup:

hdparm -y $(ls /dev/sd*|grep '[a-z]$') >/dev/null 2>&1

If i delete it, S3 is not working properly anymore and does "strange things", but thats ok for me :)

Edited by Zonediver
2 hours ago, HarshReality said:

Stupid question.. How can I have active streams display on the dashboard?

There is no direct option to add Active streams to the Dashboard page.

You can either manually edit the file ActiveStreams.page or run the command below, which does an inline update:

sed -ri 's/^(Menu="SystemInformation)/\1 Dashboard/' /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.active.streams/ActiveStreams.page

Attached a preview of what it will look like (teaser B|)

active-streams on dashboard.png

Edited by bonienl
  • Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, bonienl said:

There is no direct option to add Active streams to the Dashboard page.

You can either manually edit the file ActiveStreams.page or run the command below, which does an inline update:

sed -ri 's/^(Menu="SystemInformation)/\1 Dashboard/' /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.active.streams/ActiveStreams.page

Attached a preview of what it will look like (teaser B|)

active-streams on dashboard.png

Bummer...  I was actually hoping for a more open-ended system where the dashboard would allow 3rd party pages / boxes within its current 2 across format.

5 minutes ago, Squid said:

Bummer...  I was actually hoping for a more open-ended system where the dashboard would allow 3rd party pages / boxes within its current 2 across format.

That is a whole new playground you are asking there...

The first step is the inclusion of new CSS themes to change the look-and-feel of the GUI. There is an intention to make the dashboard more "programmable" and let the user choose the elements to display, but for the moment it is just that - an intention.

Ps. The new layout allows for much more space and an overflow of the header bar is less likely to happen!

Hi All,

I am experiencing a problem with S3 sleep. My unraid system appears to go to sleep as expected based on the pre-defined day and time settings.  However, I am unable to get it to wake-up on lan?   I have an Asrock Z170 Formula OC motherboard.  I have adjusted a number of settings in the motherboard as described below. I can also see the LAN lights are on when the server is asleep.  Lastly, I have the g setting enabled for WOL via the Dynamics S3 settings.

Deep Sleep  ===> ENABLED
Configure deep sleep mode for power saving when the computer is shut down.  I have enabled this but don't think it actually matters since it impacts S4 and S5 sleep.

Suspend to RAM   ====> AUTO
Select disable for ACPI suspend type S1. It is recommended to select auto for A
CPI  S3 power saving

PCIE Devices Power On   ====> ENABLE
Allow the system to be waked up by a PCIE device and enable wake on LAN.

Suggested steps to resolve would be appreciated?  Also, what other information should I provide to help solve this issue.

Thank you!

Edited by dubbly