Dynamix - V6 Plugins

1 hour ago, 2twisty said:

How can I track down where the failure is?

Have you recently made any notable changes to your system setting or configurations wise? Or have you made any major upgrades to the OS or plugins or added new apps? My first guess would be that something new is keeping the array active. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2017 at 8:52 AM, bonienl said:

When time permits I will introduce mutti-processor and multi-nics in the graphs. Until then you need to have patience... rather busy at the moment.

Thanks, glad you're thinking about it. My problem is too many NICs and trying to see them all easily at a glance.

• 3 weeks later...

Well....I'm back.

It's not working again.  And this time, reinstalling the plugin didn't work.

I have the plugin set to wait for array inactivity and then shut down after 15 minutes.

It never seems to shut down.  

Where should I look in the logs to find out why?

When I log into the webUI, I see no activity on the drives for long periods, then a tiny little spike.  I think that may be what's causing this, but I'd  like to nail it down rather than keep guessing.

Update: I think the culprit is Sonarr and Radarr.  They just love to scan the array all the time, and there's no way (per the devs) to change the intervals at which is scans.

So, I am testing the following:

I wrote a user script that runs hourly that checks to see if its between the hours of 5pm and 9am.  If it is, it runs a docker stop command to end both Sonarr and Radarr.  Hopefully, this will allow the array to settle down long enough if there is no other activity to perform the shutdown.

Since most of  what my array does is serve video to Kodi and I've got wakeonlan configured, this may be a workable solution for me.

Wish me luck!

Hi there,

I'm having some probs with autofan 1.5 on 6.4.0_rc15e - it's not recognising my PWM controller any more.

I'm running on a Gigabyte H97N-Wifi ,  ITE87 . It wasn't working anyway with last unRAID stable.

Any ideas where I could search for more infos?

tnx,

Marco

EDIT: SOLVE! Had to modprobe the ITE87 module manually.

Edited by ghiglie

Dynamix System Statistics
v2017.10.02b

Does anyone know why my Total Space Used only amounts to 42TB when there is 6 drives of 8 TB full (+2TB on drive 22)
Did not notice until now, that 6 * 8 is more than 42 :)  it should say 50 TB used

The total array size is correct

When I reload the STATS page, it shortly writes 50 TB, but right away it changes to 42 TB, and then the green "progress-bar" from the top, starts to animate to it's position. (using Firefox) (Chrome does the same)

5a34c61ade031_16-12-201707-01-10.thumb.png.8886c88c938595db15c43ad689750563.png

unraid-diagnostics-20171216-1228.zip

Edited by palmio
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Bigdady92 said:

Is there anyway to get multiple network interfaces to appear in the stats page? I only see a single interface and want to have all 4 that I currently use displayed.

Sorry for not searching this thread it's 75 pages long :)

On page 69: this reply.

Tip: You can search within the current topic using the search box at the top right corner of the page.

• Like 1

The SSD Trim plugin on my backup server seems to be doing more trim than the cache drive:

Dec 30 05:30:02 BackupServer root: /etc/libvirt: 920.7 MiB (965451776 bytes) trimmed
Dec 30 05:30:02 BackupServer root: /var/lib/docker: 13.3 GiB (14318682112 bytes) trimmed
Dec 30 05:30:02 BackupServer root: /mnt/cache: 474.1 GiB (509044609024 bytes) trimmed

I'm not sure how the libvirt and docker loop files got into the trim.

My main server with the SSD trim plugin only does the cache drive:

Dec 30 05:30:57 MediaServer root: /mnt/cache: 564.3 GiB (605934116864 bytes) trimmed

Where can I look to see why this is happening?