Dynamix - V6 Plugins

On 14.1.2018 at 11:40 AM, Stripe said:

I have a problem with S3 sleep plugin, it's putting my server to sleep after the defined period, regardless of array activity (eg. when I'm watching a movie). I have set the "Wait for array inactivity" to "Yes, exclude Cache" and in the syslog I see the following:

Jan 14 11:18:23 StatekMatka s3_sleep: action mode=sleep
Jan 14 11:18:23 StatekMatka s3_sleep: check disks status=yes
Jan 14 11:18:23 StatekMatka s3_sleep: check network activity=no
Jan 14 11:18:23 StatekMatka s3_sleep: check active devices=no
Jan 14 11:18:23 StatekMatka s3_sleep: check local login=no
Jan 14 11:18:23 StatekMatka s3_sleep: check remote login=no
Jan 14 11:18:23 StatekMatka s3_sleep: version=3.0.4
Jan 14 11:18:23 StatekMatka s3_sleep: ----------------------------------------------
Jan 14 11:18:23 StatekMatka s3_sleep: included disks=
Jan 14 11:18:23 StatekMatka s3_sleep: excluded disks=sda sdb sdc sdd sde sdf

where sde is my Cache disk. When I set "Wait for array inactivity" to just "Yes", what I get in syslog is:

Jan 14 11:23:16 StatekMatka s3_sleep: action mode=sleep
Jan 14 11:23:16 StatekMatka s3_sleep: check disks status=yes
Jan 14 11:23:16 StatekMatka s3_sleep: check network activity=no
Jan 14 11:23:16 StatekMatka s3_sleep: check active devices=no
Jan 14 11:23:16 StatekMatka s3_sleep: check local login=no
Jan 14 11:23:16 StatekMatka s3_sleep: check remote login=no
Jan 14 11:23:16 StatekMatka s3_sleep: version=3.0.4
Jan 14 11:23:16 StatekMatka s3_sleep: ----------------------------------------------
Jan 14 11:23:16 StatekMatka s3_sleep: included disks=sde
Jan 14 11:23:16 StatekMatka s3_sleep: excluded disks=sda sdb sdc sdd sdf

Is this correct?

statekmatka-diagnostics-20180114-1133.zip

same problem here

Since upgrading to 6.4.0 a couple days ago my trim job has failed every day with

fstrim: /mnt/cache: FITRIM ioctl failed: Remote I/O error

Did something change in the update? Plugin version is 2017.04.23a and has been since before the update. I received this error previously with the SSD's in my cache pool because my HBA didn't support some flag, I replaced the HBA with a newer version and TRIM worked just fine until I updated it. If it's relevant I haven't rebooted it since I installed the HBA until the update was installed.

fstrim error

/sbin/fstrim -v /mnt/cache
gives me:
fstrim: /mnt/cache: FITRIM ioctl failed: Remote I/O error

Any suggestions?
I have never had focus on TRIM before, so I do not know if it has always been an issue or it's from the recent unraid update (like rjorgenson writes about)

Running: unRAID v6.4.0
Cache: 2x Samsung 840 SSD
HBA: Flashed LSI SAS2008-8I (9211-8i)

My problem is really about stalling file transfers, but since it's only when dumping data to unraid, not when reading it back, i suspect TRIM to be the issue.
Only get 30MB/sec transfers (writes) with lots of breaks and retries, but 100MB/sec read and have previously had 100MB/sec writes as well. (FTP on 1Gbit network)

Edited by palmio
On 1/12/2018 at 3:04 PM, CorneliousJD said:

After installing the temp plugin and PERL I was able to locate a coretemp driver by detection and then see sensors/temps, but I never really set and saved them.

I came back later it doesn't show anything under the sensors/temps, the driver shows but that's it.

The command line also shows the following error over and over until I go delete the plugin.

sensors_init: Can't parse bus name

I'm having the same issue, though I'm not sure to how to check for the sensors_init thing. My logs however show the following:

Jan 22 06:41:10 Atlantis kernel: i2c /dev entries driver
Jan 22 06:41:12 Atlantis kernel: i2c i2c-0: Matched asc7621a at 0x2e
Jan 22 06:41:12 Atlantis kernel: asc7621 0-002e: hwmon_device_register() is deprecated. Please convert the driver to use hwmon_device_register_with_info()

Any suggestions? My system I just built is really hot, so I kinda need to monitor it.

Edited by Ryonez

Same problem with Sleep plugin.  From syslog:

Jan 21 08:23:39 htserv s3_sleep: ----------------------------------------------
Jan 21 08:23:39 htserv s3_sleep: included disks=sdh sdj
Jan 21 08:23:39 htserv s3_sleep: excluded disks=sda sdb sdc sdd sde sdf sdg sdi sdk sdl

The plugin is excluding discs that should be included ...

6 hours ago, drcos said:

Jan 21 08:23:39 htserv s3_sleep: excluded disks=sda sdb sdc sdd sde sdf sdg sdi sdk sdl

Same issue here since 6.4.0.

Sleeplog states...

Tue Jan 23 13:38:36 EST 2018: All monitored HDDs are spun down

...when in fact one or more of the array drives remain active. Seems plugin no longer understands which drives to monitor.

Edited by lewcass
On 23.1.2018 at 2:26 PM, drcos said:

Me too and I really like the S3Sleep feature. I don't want to give up on it. If somehow possible please make it work again.

Also we need a reliable way to detect the spinup status of the disks. Spinning up all disks on wakeup is only a stopgap

solution and not working reliably for me. (The disks do spinup, but the state sooner or later gets unsynched and the plugin

doesn't know anymore if the disks are running or not.

I know S3Sleep is not officially supported, but maybe if @bonienl asked the unRAID devs to track the spinup state in some file,

that plugin autors can access and take this info from, the problem could be solved reliably. As he/you are working with

them so closely, they might be willing to listen to you. I would even be willing to pitch some money on the solution of this

problem. Maybe others would, too?

5 hours ago, bonienl said:

I haven't had the time yet to fully investigate the issue with S3-sleep and the required solution. It will come, but please have patience.

Appreciate all your efforts.

In the meantime, even with the plugin's losing track of the drive spin-up status, I'm still succeeding at keeping my server awake for playing media by relying on the plugin's network activity monitor. I have the network idle threshold set at "Low traffic", and server hasn't gone to sleep on me yet when watching video or listening to music. I haven't tested thoroughly but I'm pretty certain the server can also be kept awake via network traffic for workstation or other access by keeping Dynamix Stats open in a browser window.

Edited by lewcass

Hi,

i had connected 2 pwm fans (1 for CPU 1 for Chassie) to the CPU fan.

But ofc, the chassi fan got controlled via cpu heat..

So i bought a 1 to 3 pwm splitter and put all my fans on the chassi pwm fan.

But, since then, the plugin auto fan controll, doesnt find any PMW fans, doesnt amtter if i use 1,2 or 3.

I dont remember which, but at 1, 2 or 3 (and clicking detect) the fans were moving faster, so i guess one of them is the correct, but none get detectet (i click detect and then after some time it says again i should click detect..)

What should i do now? I already tried restarting... I guess if he doesnt find anything after pressing DETECT, i cant use the plugin? 

System temperature also dont show the PWM fans anymore... Array fans: none

Does it help to reinstall the plugin? edit: no doesnt help

I use  ASRock - H81 Pro BTC using "cha fan 1" (nr  8 http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/H81 Pro BTC.pdf

System temperature shows:

Jan 27 21:18:12 Unraid-Server kernel: i2c /dev entries driver
Jan 27 21:18:15 Unraid-Server kernel: i2c /dev entries driver
Jan 27 21:18:16 Unraid-Server kernel: i2c /dev entries driver
Jan 27 21:18:18 Unraid-Server kernel: nct6775: Found NCT6776D/F or compatible chip at 0x2e:0x290

But like i said, doesnt show any array fans: none.. 

Edited by nuhll

It might be the issue that the description of this 1 to 3 cable was wrong.

It says 1 4pin to 3 4 pin, but in a review i saw that its only 1 4 pin to 1 4 pin and 2 3 pin..... so i guess, i must have pluged the 2 fans just in the wrong holes.. (i had a pretty good chance to do it right the first time xD)

I will check and post again...

Edited by nuhll

Nice, it works. I srsly had the only real 4 pin not connected...

Just 3 questions:

1.) -ive set the highest spinning fan to be detectet (good idea?) I have 1 120mm and 1 60mm (the 60 is ofc the fast one)

(saving another ~15 watt) :)

2.) and what you think is the best adjust time? Ive testet 5 and 15... but im not sure whats better.

3.) Ive set temperatures to 35° and 45° - any thoughts about that?

Edited by nuhll

I can't seem to get the system temperature plugin working. I installed nerd tools and got Perl, I installed the plugin, detected drivers, and loaded drivers. However, every dropdown for the only has one option "Not Used", and rescanning doesn't help. The driver I loaded was lm78. My CPU is a TR 1950x and my mobo is a Asus ROG Zenith Extreme x399. Any ideas? I saw this thread about having to compile drivers or something? https://github.com/groeck/lm-sensors/issues/16