Dynamix - V6 Plugins

5 minutes ago, bonienl said:

...but today it will trim any SSD devices present.

So does that include SSD drives in the array than?

6 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Perhaps I should remove that restriction for the settings (schedule) page and let the settings be available all times.

That would be excellent!

Thank you,

craigr

Another night where my unRaid did not went to sleep as expected.

hdparm showed one drive as active idle, white balled in the Main Tab of unRaid but showing the temps.

Any idea how we could resolve this? Seems that i am not the only one that has such problems.

The older Version of the Script that is use under 6.3.5 worked.

45 minutes ago, darkside40 said:

Another night where my unRaid did not went to sleep as expected.

hdparm showed one drive as active idle, white balled in the Main Tab of unRaid but showing the temps.

Any idea how we could resolve this? Seems that i am not the only one that has such problems.

The older Version of the Script that is use under 6.3.5 worked.

Same here.

Yes and if i manually Spin Down all drives via the Main page everything works as expected.

The Problem seems to be that unRaid or hparm sometimes i not really spiining down drives, or the hdparm output is worng, i dont know.

hdparm shows spin down drives as active, which cause the insomnia of the S3 sleep script.

2 hours ago, bonienl said:

Does it work when the "Sleep" button is used on the Main page?

2 hours ago, gemeit said:

Same here

I have a very simple setup.  Mostly A NAS box with typical plugins and one Docker application-- Krusader.  One thing that I have observed, that when I daily status report is sent (at 12:20AM on the Monday Report which I got this morning), is that the cache drive (on both of my servers) are active.  On no other night does this condition occur!  I also have the Plugin Update Notification and Docker Update Fortification setup to run once a week.   By about 6:00AM, the cache drive has spun been spun down.  This has been happening for several months now.  I have long assumed that the check for Docker Application updates was the cause of this spinup and ignored it.  

I am wondering if what this check with its cache drive spinup and the failure to sleep on Sunday overnight are related?  

2 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

I am wondering if what this check with its cache drive spinup and the failure to sleep on Sunday overnight are related? 

How are your sleep settings set up, does it monitor for disk array activity with or without the cache disk included?

Without Cache Disk included.

Also put the Debug Log on and the script is complaining about ongoing activity in the disks that are shown as spindown in the Main Page, but hdparm showse them as active/idle.

Checking with lsof there are no open files on the disks which block the script.

Btw what was the reason the hdparm check was included?

Edited by darkside40
3 minutes ago, bonienl said:

How are your sleep settings set up, does it monitor for disk array activity with or without the cache disk included?

I don't use 'sleep' on either one of my servers.  I have simply been following this recent discussion on failure to sleep on Sunday overnight and I have noticed this weekly occurrence of the cache drive being spunup (apparently to make the weekly Docker update check ) in the status report and jumped to an observation that the failure to sleep might be related to that event.  (BTW, I always 'stop' Krusader  after use as it will keep my cache drive spinning as long as it is running.)

Is it possible to add some/all of the network interface stat graphs? Since we now have other sensible use cases for the additional interfaces?

Adding a aggregate graph for networks is also ok, since some users just bridge and bond everything together.

And maybe same with the disks?

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the system stats app is there any way to keep log of the statistics even when you are not viewing them?

I mean every time I enter in the Stats tabs everything is reset, and all the graphs start to write at the time and open the tab, previous data doesn't exist, doesn't matter if I change the periods available when you select Real time -> 2h, 1h, 30 min etc.

9 hours ago, L0rdRaiden said:

Regarding the system stats app is there any way to keep log of the statistics even when you are not viewing them?

I mean every time I enter in the Stats tabs everything is reset, and all the graphs start to write at the time and open the tab, previous data doesn't exist, doesn't matter if I change the periods available when you select Real time -> 2h, 1h, 30 min etc.

The plugin obviously continues logging while not being viewed because you can recall the data with Last day, Last week, etc. So I guess what you're asking for is for it to display the last 30 minutes of data when you choose Real time -> 30 min. Perhaps once samples have scrolled off the left end of the graphs some of them are discarded. The historical views don't have such high resolution (along the time axis) as  the real time views.

I figured I might do a little cleanup of logging and maybe fix a bug or two in the cache_dirs plugin. I can see bergware did some nice updates on the plugin, and dlandon cleaned up the cache_dirs script itself.

dlandon made the last changes I can see in the current dynamix plugin. Do we have a github page containing the latest plugin, or rather the latest cache_dirs script (in non-zipped format?)

On a side-note, I tried creating new topic for this in 'plugin support', but couldn't. I'm not sure it belongs in new topic anyway though.

Best Alex

33 minutes ago, Alex R. Berg said:

I figured I might do a little cleanup of logging and maybe fix a bug or two in the cache_dirs plugin. I can see bergware did some nice updates on the plugin, and dlandon cleaned up the cache_dirs script itself.

dlandon made the last changes I can see in the current dynamix plugin. Do we have a github page containing the latest plugin, or rather the latest cache_dirs script (in non-zipped format?)

On a side-note, I tried creating new topic for this in 'plugin support', but couldn't. I'm not sure it belongs in new topic anyway though.

Best Alex

Here https://github.com/dlandon/cache_dirs, but it's zipped.