Dynamix - V6 Plugins

Just curious.....but has anyone tried using Dynamix Cache Directories on an rclone mount directory of say Google or Dropbox?

I know this plugins purpose is to avoid local hard drive spinup.....but I was thinking about using it on rclone mounts to avoid having to ping the cloud for the Directories. Could speed up navigation through mounted cloud services. Make sense?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at UR 6.4.1.  Have the latest version of buttons and plugins running.  But the buttons have stopped showing up this week after a reboot.  I still see Dynamix system Buttons in the Plugins, but don't see anything displaying in the GUI.  No buttons, no Log Tail, etc.  Any ideas/

20180507-g5bx-35kb.jpg.a6a4b353118660bcf3dec7d5cd05cb0f.jpg

Edited by jeffreywhunter
I'm at UR 6.4.1.  Have the latest version of buttons and plugins running.  But the buttons have stopped showing up this week after a reboot.  I still see Dynamix system Buttons in the Plugins, but don't see anything displaying in the GUI.  No buttons, no Log Tail, etc.  Any ideas/

20180507-g5bx-35kb.jpg.a6a4b353118660bcf3dec7d5cd05cb0f.jpg

Try making the window larger

I have installed the S3 sleep plugin and my unraid is going into sleep mode just fine. But I can't wake him up when I try to access the data. If I use an WOL-App it is working as intended. Is there any option to wake unraid up without the magic paket like a pattern?

Any hints where I should have a look? 

I am running Unraid 6.5.1 and the S3 Sleep Plugin Version 2018.02.04

Thank you very much, 

Chris

Edited by chrisb76
9 hours ago, chrisb76 said:

I have installed the S3 sleep plugin and my unraid is going into sleep mode just fine. But I can't wake him up when I try to access the data. If I use an WOL-App it is working as intended. Is there any option to wake unraid up without the magic paket like a pattern?

Any hints where I should have a look? 

I am running Unraid 6.5.1 and the S3 Sleep Plugin Version 2018.02.04

Thank you very much, 

Chris

I don't think you'll find anyway for Unraid to wake itself up.  Some router's have the ability to wake devices up. Kodi has a WoL plugin which is a great way to wake your server up when your media players power on. Home Assistant running on a raspberry pi can do this as well

Edited by reggierat

Hey guys,

the System Temp plugin doesnt work for me, here is a log:

May 13 04:51:56 Tower kernel: i2c /dev entries driver
May 13 04:52:03 Tower kernel: w83627hf: w83627hf: Found W83627HF chip at 0x290
May 13 04:52:03 Tower kernel: w83627hf w83627hf.656: hwmon_device_register() is deprecated. Please convert the driver to use hwmon_device_register_with_info().
May 13 04:52:03 Tower kernel: w83793 0-002f: hwmon_device_register() is deprecated. Please convert the driver to use hwmon_device_register_with_info().
May 13 04:52:03 Tower kernel: w83793 0-002f: Registered watchdog chardev major 10, minor: 130
May 13 04:53:57 Tower kernel: i2c /dev entries driver
May 13 04:54:03 Tower kernel: i5k_amb i5k_amb.0: hwmon_device_register() is deprecated. Please convert the driver to use hwmon_device_register_with_info().
May 13 04:54:03 Tower kernel: w83627hf: w83627hf: Found W83627HF chip at 0x290
May 13 04:54:03 Tower kernel: w83627hf w83627hf.656: hwmon_device_register() is deprecated. Please convert the driver to use hwmon_device_register_with_info().
May 13 04:54:03 Tower kernel: w83793 0-002f: hwmon_device_register() is deprecated. Please convert the driver to use hwmon_device_register_with_info().
May 13 04:54:03 Tower kernel: w83793 0-002f: Registered watchdog chardev major 10, minor: 130
May 13 04:54:13 Tower kernel: i2c /dev entries driver
May 13 04:54:23 Tower kernel: i2c /dev entries driver
May 13 04:54:25 Tower kernel: i5k_amb i5k_amb.0: hwmon_device_register() is deprecated. Please convert the driver to use hwmon_device_register_with_info().
May 13 04:54:25 Tower kernel: w83627hf: w83627hf: Found W83627HF chip at 0x290
May 13 04:54:25 Tower kernel: w83627hf w83627hf.656: hwmon_device_register() is deprecated. Please convert the driver to use hwmon_device_register_with_info().
May 13 04:54:26 Tower kernel: w83793 0-002f: hwmon_device_register() is deprecated. Please convert the driver to use hwmon_device_register_with_info().
May 13 04:54:26 Tower kernel: w83793 0-002f: Registered watchdog chardev major 10, minor: 130
May 13 04:55:33 Tower kernel: i2c /dev entries driver

@bonienl Dynamix SSD TRIM Plug-In Problem

hi bonienl,

temporarily replaced my NVMe cache device (system stability problems) with a regular Samsung SSD 850 EVO and now your Dynamix SSD TRIM doesn't trim it.

maybe your plug-in gets confused, because i've the exact same model/type SSD once more installed and used as UD disk, which gets trimmed. i could imagine your plug-in trims the first found disk and then goes on to other devices (with different name), no?

my system is up for 3 days, and in the logs i see the trim gets executed, but never for the cache SSD; the UD SSD gets trimmed every time.

Edited by s.Oliver

The cron job starts a regular "fstrim -a -v" command.

This should find all available devices eligable for TRIM.

# fstrim -a -v
/etc/libvirt: 920.3 MiB (965029888 bytes) trimmed
/var/lib/docker: 16.5 GiB (17658904576 bytes) trimmed
/mnt/cache: 639.4 GiB (686566244352 bytes) trimmed

1 hour ago, bonienl said:

The cron job starts a regular "fstrim -a -v" command.

This should find all available devices eligable for TRIM.

# fstrim -a -v
/etc/libvirt: 920.3 MiB (965029888 bytes) trimmed
/var/lib/docker: 16.5 GiB (17658904576 bytes) trimmed
/mnt/cache: 639.4 GiB (686566244352 bytes) trimmed

yes, i do see those others as well getting trimmed.

but i've got a assumption... wasn't there talk about awhile ago (or maybe really long ago) which controllers did/didn't support trim commands?

these two same SSDs are for sure not connected to the same controller. but i can't physically check right now, which drive is connected to which controller; will do asap.

is there any CLI command, which lists devices according to the used controller?

Edited by s.Oliver

Personally, I would open up the case and see where you have those SSD's connected.  Move the SATA data connectors so that they are on the MB SATA connectors.  (It make no difference to unRAID where the the disks are connected as unRAID tracks all assignments via the disk's serial numbers.)

1 minute ago, Frank1940 said:

Personally, I would open up the case and see where you have those SSD's connected.  Move the SATA data connectors so that they are on the MB SATA connectors.  (It make no difference to unRAID where the the disks are connected as unRAID tracks all assignments via the disk's serial numbers.)

i know, exactly this i'll do on next possible occasion. probably one of those is connected to an LSI controller.

@bonienl  ideas for improvement

1) option to choose to run the trim command after the mover has finished

instead of running it at a static time via the cron schedule, run it automatically after the mover job is finished. in my case the biggest delete operations are almost always occurring when the mover deletes the copied data from the cache SSD/NVMe.

or even better: add it as an optional checkbox in the 'Scheduler' preferences, which could read like:

"Automatically run after the 'Mover' has finished"

so we have best of both worlds – cron style fixed time (can be disabled if then not needed anymore) and automatic style after the mover operation.

2) make it possible to choose, which devices should get trimmed

in combination would make a super flexible solution (for example: cache gets trimmed automatically after mover finished, but UD mounted only via cron's call)

but i know, that asks for quite some programming work.

thx. alot for your solutions.

18 minutes ago, s.Oliver said:

one of those is connected to an LSI controller.

As I recall (and apparently, you do also), the earlier versions of the chips set used in the LSI controllers do not support the trim operation while the later versions do.  I can never remember which versions are assigned to which model number on the controller boards.  (LSI had many different 'models' that used the same chip set with different firmware and I have real difficulty keeping everything straight.)  

On 3/14/2018 at 9:40 AM, ken-ji said:

Is it possible to add some/all of the network interface stat graphs? Since we now have other sensible use cases for the additional interfaces?

Adding a aggregate graph for networks is also ok, since some users just bridge and bond everything together.

And maybe same with the disks?

@bonienl Do you think its possible to do this? PHP is really not my cup of tea else you might be seeing a PR instead.

Please forgive me for asking, but how to I configure Autofan plugin?

I have both System Temp and AutoFan Control installed, but my fans is constantly doing 1200+RPM on low temperature, and I dont know wich numbers to manipulate in order to lower RPM.

Attached I have my current settings:

autofan_control.PNG

system_temp.PNG

On 5/14/2018 at 11:18 PM, s.Oliver said:

i know, exactly this i'll do on next possible occasion. probably one of those is connected to an LSI controller.

well, well, solved. the SSD was connected to an LSI controller. changed to int. SATA controller and it's getting it's trim command fine.

14 hours ago, baconborn said:

Trying to set up Dynamix System Temperature, but when I click 'Detect' on the setup, it doesn't return any drivers to select. Running 6.5.2 and Ryzen 2400G

The k10temp module has apparently been modified to include Zen and is included with the 4.15 kernel. See here. Motherboard temperatures and fan speeds rely on whatever ITE, Nuvoton, etc. chip is used and whether it's detected and supported.

11 hours ago, John_M said:

The k10temp module has apparently been modified to include Zen and is included with the 4.15 kernel. See here. Motherboard temperatures and fan speeds rely on whatever ITE, Nuvoton, etc. chip is used and whether it's detected and supported.

I see. Do you know, or is there a way to find out if the next UnRAID release will use 4.15?

1 hour ago, baconborn said:

Do you know, or is there a way to find out if the next UnRAID release will use 4.15?

Tom has said that unRAID 6.6 will use the 4.16 kernel. It looks as though 4.15 will be skipped as 4.16.8 is already out.

In anticipation of the obvious follow up question, I really don't know when.

Anyone else having problems with Cache Directories or is it just me?

I've been battling this issue for quite a while through many versions. The main problem is after about 20 or 30 days of uptime my CPU gets pegged on one core. Processes seems to show the cache_dirs script with high time usage. I've done a lot of searching on here to read up on other people having the same issue. Some have excluded appdata and/or system and even disabling Scan User Shares with success. I've tried that too while also excluding a couple other directories that I don't need cached.

It's all good for a few weeks, then the CPU stays spiked. I go in the Folder Caching Function and disable the caching. Then I re-enable and everything is good again, until a few weeks later. Also it seemed to have less spinups in the past when I only had 4GB of RAM. I've upgraded to 8GB and I still get spin ups when I open some folders to see files. Even when 'always show icons, never thumbnails' was selected. It's unchecked now, but I have my view in Details mode so it shouldn't be trying to grab icon preview data that spins up the drives. Stats shows almost all of 8GB is used for cache. Which is amazing to think how much information you could put into an 8GB text file.

So I basically have two issues, high CPU and drive spin up when looking in folders. The latter I don't care too much about, but the CPU issue can make a lot of functions lag while also generating excessive heat and using more electricity than necessary.

unRAID v6.5.0

Dynamix Cache Directories v2016.08.26 v2.1.1

Folder caching function: enabled

Suspend during 'Mover' process: yes

Scan user shares: No

Min int folder scan: 2

Max int folder scan: 10

Excluded folder: appdata, system, + a few others

Included folders: none

User defined options: none

Also I don't use a cache drive. Just standard drives and parity.