Dynamix - V6 Plugins

On 5/17/2018 at 2:34 PM, baconborn said:

Trying to set up Dynamix System Temperature, but when I click 'Detect' on the setup, it doesn't return any drivers to select. Running 6.5.2 and Ryzen 2400G

I'm in the same boat, on a B250 motherboard and 7700T.

the funny thing, it was working on 6.5.1, and one day it didn't.

any ideas?

same with motherboard temp. now I can only find the CPU temp.

I now upgraded to 6.5.2, still, when I press detect, NOTHING happens.

thanks

Edited by LSL1337

I am trying to configure the Auto System Fan. I have it detecting fans on PWM 1 and 3 which I think is correct. I have two 80cm fans at the back of the case that I want to increase the speed of when temps go over a certain level. Will it work with multiple fans or only change the speed of the fan specified in the PWM controller drop down? 

Nevermind: they both seem to have increased to max RPM after detecting them both and applying. 

Edited by Simontv

we can't be the only two users with the same fan detect problem.

this have to be a version upgrade or plug-in error, right?

when i press detect on 6.5.2, nothing happens, like it used to in the old versions.

Any other way to figure out my fan sensor name, and input it manually?

I have 7700T and MSI b250 bazooka btw

thanks

I and at least one more person have problem with System Temp,

sensors output:

root@SERVER:~# sensors
Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 2: Undeclared bus id referenced
Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 4: Undeclared bus id referenced
Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 6: Undeclared bus id referenced
Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 12: Undeclared bus id referenced
sensors_init: Can't parse bus name

/etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf content:

# sensors
chip "nct7904-i2c-0-2d"
ignore "fan2"
chip "nct7904-i2c-0-2d"
ignore "fan4"
chip "nct7904-i2c-0-2d"
ignore "fan5"
chip "coretemp-isa-0000"
label "temp1" "CPU Temp"
chip "i350bb-pci-0500"
label "temp1" "MB Temp"
chip "nct7904-i2c-0-2d"
label "fan8" "Array Fan"

It is with SuperMicro X9DA7 motherboard, and also X9DRi-LN4F+ (the other person on DataHoarding Discord)

BLKMGK here have same problem: https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/29533-dynamix-system-temp/?do=findComment&comment=657577

According to https://linux.die.net/man/5/sensors3.conf

what is missing is bus statement,

in my case it's

bus "i2c-0" "SMBus I801 adapter at 9000"

After that everything works.

Edited by Auxilium
Found solution
  • Like 1

unRAID v6.5.2

Problem:

I have Dynamix System Temperature plug-in installed with Perl, as required.  The drivers loaded and the sensor readings were passed through.  After a proper reboot, the sensor readings were gone, replaced by "Not used."

After some searching found the Lime-Tech Wiki page that shows "sensors" command line.  So I ran it in terminal.

Output:

root@unCube:~# sensors
Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 4: Undeclared bus id referenced
sensors_init: Can't parse bus name

After attempting to show the content of the sensors.conf file, here's the output:

root@unCube:/etc/sensors.d# sensors.conf content
./sensors.conf: line 2: chip: command not found
./sensors.conf: line 3: ignore: command not found
./sensors.conf: line 4: chip: command not found
./sensors.conf: line 5: label: command not found
./sensors.conf: line 6: chip: command not found
./sensors.conf: line 7: label: command not found
./sensors.conf: line 8: chip: command not found
./sensors.conf: line 9: label: command not found

The Wiki shows the command sensors-detect, which is supposed to help configure the sensors.conf file.  After running sensors-detect in terminal, here's the output.

Copy prog/init/lm_sensors.init to /etc/init.d/lm_sensors
for initialization at boot time.
You should now start the lm_sensors service to load the required
kernel modules.

I'm stuck here.  It looks like performing the copy operation shown above and starting lm_sensors should solve this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by DoItMyselfToo
15 hours ago, DoItMyselfToo said:

Thanks, Squid! I’ll give it a go and report if I have a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

root@unCube:/etc# cat sensors.d/sensors.conf
# sensors
chip "w83627dhg-isa-0a10"
ignore "fan4"
chip "jc42-i2c-0-18"
label "temp1" "CPU Temp"
label "temp1" "MB Temp"
label "fan1" "Array Fan"

I'm seeing the contents of the sensors.conf file.  The results make sense.  Ignoring fan4 makes sense, since no fans are connected to that header.  And the other results are the options that I selected in the drop down menu in the Dynamix System Temperature plugin.

I did navigate to the plugin directory to look at the plugin drivers.conf file.

/boot/config/plugins/dynamix.system.temp# cat drivers.conf

coretemp
jc42
w83627ehf

This is what shows up.

So how do I get this to connect up with the plugin?

Is it a matter of copying the sensors.conf from the /etc/sensors.d directory to the /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.system.temp directory?

I'm just taking a stab at this; not really knowing.

So here goes.  It's fixed.

What did I do?  Haha.  Hmm?  Let's think.

1.  Executed sensors-detect command, then rebooted server after preclear finished on one drive.

2.  Navigated to and executed command: /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.system.temp# cat drivers.conf

Output:

coretemp
jc42
w83627ehf

3.  Navigated to and executed command to display available sensor info:  /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.system.temp# sensors

Output:

jc42-i2c-0-1b
Adapter: SMBus I801 adapter at 0400
temp1:        +40.5°C  (low  =  +0.0°C)                  ALARM (HIGH)
                       (high =  +0.0°C, hyst =  -1.5°C)
                       (crit = +69.2°C, hyst = +67.8°C)

jc42-i2c-0-19
temp1:        +38.5°C  (low  =  +0.0°C)                  ALARM (HIGH)
                       (crit = +69.2°C, hyst = +67.8°C)

coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
CPU Temp:     +32.0°C  (high = +83.0°C, crit = +99.0°C)
Core 1:       +28.0°C  (high = +83.0°C, crit = +99.0°C)
Core 2:       +34.0°C  (high = +83.0°C, crit = +99.0°C)
Core 3:       +30.0°C  (high = +83.0°C, crit = +99.0°C)

w83627dhg-isa-0a10
Adapter: ISA adapter
Vcore:        +0.90 V  (min =  +0.60 V, max =  +1.49 V)
in1:          +1.84 V  (min =  +1.62 V, max =  +0.03 V)  ALARM
AVCC:         +3.23 V  (min =  +2.96 V, max =  +3.63 V)
+3.3V:        +3.23 V  (min =  +2.96 V, max =  +3.63 V)
in4:          +1.53 V  (min =  +1.35 V, max =  +1.65 V)
in5:          +1.25 V  (min =  +1.13 V, max =  +1.38 V)
in6:          +1.44 V  (min =  +1.42 V, max =  +1.52 V)
3VSB:         +3.23 V  (min =  +2.96 V, max =  +3.63 V)
Vbat:         +3.15 V  (min =  +2.96 V, max =  +3.63 V)
Array Fan:   1240 RPM  (min =  712 RPM, div = 8)
fan2:        1985 RPM  (min =  712 RPM, div = 8)
fan3:        1328 RPM  (min =  712 RPM, div = 8)
fan5:        1231 RPM  (min =  712 RPM, div = 8)
MB Temp:      +35.0°C  (high = +60.0°C, hyst = +55.0°C)  sensor = thermistor
temp2:        +33.0°C  (high = +95.0°C, hyst = +92.0°C)  sensor = CPU diode
temp3:        +31.5°C  (high = +75.0°C, hyst = +70.0°C)  sensor = thermistor
cpu0_vid:    +1.513 V
intrusion0:  ALARM

jc42-i2c-0-1a
temp1:        +37.2°C  (low  =  +0.0°C)                  ALARM (HIGH)
                       (crit = +68.8°C, hyst = +67.2°C)

jc42-i2c-0-18
temp1:        +41.0°C  (low  =  +0.0°C)                  ALARM (HIGH)
                       (crit = +68.8°C, hyst = +67.2°C)

The sensors drop-down menu in Dynamix System Temperature plugin is now populated and working.

Edited by DoItMyselfToo

Hello bonienl - I am finding that while my server responds to the Sleep button on the UI, it is ignoring the S3 Sleep plugin when left idle. I am fairly sure I have enabled S3 Sleep in the BIOS but since the server is running headless it is not convenient to get a monitor on it.

Is there a terminal command to check whether S3 Sleep is firing as expected and if any messages are returned indicating why it was prevented from sleeping?

The server spec is as in my signature.

Sleep.jpg

@bonienl I couldn't find this previously reported... Dynamix System Stats very small cosmetic nit I noticed over the years, it's more noticeable now that you've done such a great job polishing the rest of the UI. The vertical align of the Dynamix Stats plug-in.

image.thumb.png.3f8d8112eee6fb8632deced82b02f20d.png

Seeing an issue with my ASUS z370-a motherboard and the System Temp plugin.  It reports CPU temp as the temperature of the hottest core as opposed to the actual CPU temperature that I would see in the BIOS.  This is causing some huge swings in temperature as cores are active or inactive.  The driver detected is "coretemp" and I don't have any other options.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using the cache-dirs plugin. Using the open files tool I can see that a "find" service is constantly running on one of my disks, stopping it from being able to spin down. How long does it normally take for cache dirs to finish this "find" process? It's been the better part of 3 weeks for me so far...

2 minutes ago, mishmash- said:

I'm using the cache-dirs plugin. Using the open files tool I can see that a "find" service is constantly running on one of my disks, stopping it from being able to spin down. How long does it normally take for cache dirs to finish this "find" process? It's been the better part of 3 weeks for me so far...

That means you don't have enough ram to cache all the folders you have specified. Try limiting cache dirs to only the shares you access frequently.

6 hours ago, jonathanm said:

That means you don't have enough ram to cache all the folders you have specified. Try limiting cache dirs to only the shares you access frequently.

Ah right, makes sense. I've got 16GB RAM, but I tracked down the issue to a docker that had gobbled up 14GB of RAM. Put a resource limit on it and now cache dirs works. Cheers!

On 6/15/2018 at 3:08 AM, DanielCoffey said:

I would still like to know what to look for to see why S3 Sleep is not performing as it used to. Any advice on what I should search for in the logs?

I have the same issue and similar config; only my network threshold is set at 100 kb/s. I am also looking for a log as to what is preventing my UnRaid server from entering Sleep mode.

Edited by Bugman1400
On 5/20/2018 at 12:14 AM, Pro-289 said:

It's all good for a few weeks, then the CPU stays spiked. I go in the Folder Caching Function and disable the caching. Then I re-enable and everything is good again, until a few weeks later. Also it seemed to have less spinups in the past when I only had 4GB of RAM. I've upgraded to 8GB and I still get spin ups when I open some folders to see files. Even when 'always show icons, never thumbnails' was selected. It's unchecked now, but I have my view in Details mode so it shouldn't be trying to grab icon preview data that spins up the drives. Stats shows almost all of 8GB is used for cache. Which is amazing to think how much information you could put into an 8GB text file.

So I basically have two issues, high CPU and drive spin up when looking in folders. The latter I don't care too much about, but the CPU issue can make a lot of functions lag while also generating excessive heat and using more electricity than necessary.

I'm having the same issue. Did anyone ever find a solution?

I have an issue with Fan Auto Control where I need to re-select the correct drives to exclude after every boot. It seems to just randomly select drives so I need to change it back to my 2 cache drives (SSD) to exclude. It does always select 2 drives, just not the correct ones. I assume this is a bug and just wanted to report it here.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm if the LSI 9305-24i HBA works with the SSD TRIM plugin?  I have a Samsung 860 EVO 1tb as  my cache and I'm having issues trying to run the TRIM command.  I read some where that older LSI cards did not like the TRIM command.  The fix back then was to use the motherboard sata ports, but I hope I don't have to do that.

15 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

It should, SAS2008 based controllers don't support trim on most SSDs, SAS2308 and newer support.

The specs  say that the SAS3224 does support SSD, but no mention of TRIM compatibility.  I have opened a support ticket with Broadcom specifically asking if this controller supports SSD's and TRIM.  I'll report back once I get the official answer.

I would like to hear from anyone who has this card and has SSD's connected to it, and of course has the TRIM plugin working.