Dynamix - V6 Plugins

19 hours ago, slimshizn said:

I've updated to the latest, still having issues after rebooting with the folder caching being disabled and the function on enabled. Stopping and starting it still fixes it.

Yeah, latest update isn't fully correct. Need to make another update ;) 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, lewcass said:

with 2.2.0j.

That one is the known bad version.

The latest work in progress is here. This one is working very well.

I don't know, when Alex will release it into the plugin, but you can exchange the files on your USB manually and give it a try (effective on next reboot). Some more testers are welcome.

I've pushed the new version to the repository. There was a bug in the event-script that I think caused it to fail to start on boot. The new version 2.2.1 also has the option to scan user mount again, which fixed disks spinning up for FIreball3.

If you are in a hurry you can use this attached version. Overwrite existing plg in config\plugins and txz in config\plugins\dynamix.cache.dirs and reboot. If you try it, let us know if it causes problems.

Best Alex

dynamix.cache.dirs.plg

dynamix.cache.dirs.txz

• Upvote 1
On 10/16/2018 at 2:31 PM, Alex R. Berg said:

I've pushed the new version to the repository. There was a bug in the event-script that I think caused it to fail to start on boot. The new version 2.2.1 also has the option to scan user mount again, which fixed disks spinning up for FIreball3.

If you are in a hurry you can use this attached version. Overwrite existing plg in config\plugins and txz in config\plugins\dynamix.cache.dirs and reboot. If you try it, let us know if it causes problems.

Best Alex

dynamix.cache.dirs.plg

dynamix.cache.dirs.txz

How long does this usually take? I have 2.2.0 j installed and still not seeing an update on CA. Don't really want to do a manual install when I’m on a VPN from my iPhone. Too easy to screw it up.

7 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

How long does this usually take? I have 2.2.0 j installed and still not seeing an update on CA. Don't really want to do a manual install when I’m on a VPN from my iPhone. Too easy to screw it up.

That .plg isn't the "official" one from bonienl.  You won't see an update.  If you want to use it, then you would uninstall the existing one, save that .plg to the flash and then install plugin and browse to the location and select it.  But, if/when bonienl releases the update to the "official" version of the plugin, then you won't see that as that's not the ver you have installed.

Or over write the .plg on the flash and .txz with that ver, but then you're in the same boat again.  Once the "official ver" is released, it won't see the updates.

Edited by Squid

Can i do a feature request for S3 sleep? (btw i love the plugin, literally saves me a lot of bucks)

Is it possible to send a notification (I use pushbullet) when the server goes to sleep and when it wakes up?

Regarding cache_dirs: I pulled the changes from the dynamix github page when I built the plg, and fixed a bug in the 'official' plugin. I don't even know if the broken pipe is coming from cache_dirs. Best way to check that is to remove cache-dirs plg. and reboot and check the log. If its still there I would remove all plugins reboot, and if its not there add half of them back in and reboot thus doing a kind of binary search for the problematic plugin.

wgstarks: Don't really want to do a manual install when I’m on a VPN from my iPhone. Too easy to screw it up.

Since interwebtech also has the broken pipe error you and beg and plead him to do the digging, and see if its the official cache-dirs causing it, and whether my version fixes it. Or wait til you have direct access to machine again.

Edited by Alex R. Berg

Hi Guys

I am getting the following error on fix common problems, can you advise me on what to do please.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare xml_decode() (previously declared in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/Helpers.php:7) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/fix.common.problems/include/tests.php on line 1543

Many thanks

K

1 hour ago, keymaster said:

Hi Guys

I am getting the following error on fix common problems, can you advise me on what to do please.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare xml_decode() (previously declared in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/Helpers.php:7) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/fix.common.problems/include/tests.php on line 1543

Many thanks

K

Update the plugin

I've been using the Dynamix SSD TRIM plugin for my BTRFS formatted cache drive. I ran across a post on Reddit saying that if your cache SSD is formatted BTRFS then you don't need the plugin because the file system itself does this for you. Is that correct?

Also, I just ordered an NVMe SSD to replace my smaller SATA SSD. How does this affect me since NVMe is not an ATA specification so has different commands for this?

5 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

Is that correct?

No.

5 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

Also, I just ordered an NVMe SSD to replace my smaller SATA SSD. How does this affect me since NVMe is not an ATA specification so has different commands for this?

It's the same fstrim command.

Edited by johnnie.black

In ver 6.6.3, cache directories starts but apparently it is not actually caching the directories.   I am only caching one directory (the 'Media' directory which contains about 2900 files and directories.  However, whenever I access this media (using a media player), all six data drives spin up and there is a considerable delay before the information is available to the player.  In Ver 6.6.2, cache directories worked just fine...  Diagnostics attached.  

(I first posted in this in the 6.6.3 release thread but quickly realized that I had posted it in the wrong spot. ) 

elsie1-diagnostics-20181026-1809.zip

14 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

In ver 6.6.3, cache directories starts but apparently it is not actually caching the directories.   I am only caching one directory (the 'Media' directory which contains about 2900 files and directories.  However, whenever I access this media (using a media player), all six data drives spin up and there is a considerable delay before the information is available to the player.  In Ver 6.6.2, cache directories worked just fine...  Diagnostics attached.  

(I first posted in this in the 6.6.3 release thread but quickly realized that I had posted it in the wrong spot. ) 

elsie1-diagnostics-20181026-1809.zip

Start by removing nerdpack.

On 10/26/2018 at 7:27 PM, dlandon said:

Start by removing nerdpack.

Before doing that I checked and the following packages in Nerdpack were installed:

Lbzip

perl

screen

untempter

The last three packages were 'On'.

I then rebooted the server.  I checked on Folder Caching and found that while it was 'Enable', the Status was 'Stopped'.  I cycled  'Folder Caching Enable' and the status changed to 'Running'.   (The 'Max level depth:' is set to 4)

I then waited for the data drives to spin down (Delay set to 45 minutes).  At approximately 57 minutes of uptime, the disks were spun down.   I then started up

Window Explorer and opened up the server. 

I went down the following path:    Media  >>>>  All Movies   >>>>  S   (all are directories and the folder S contains 173 files.) 

The response for Media and All Movies was instantaneous.  When I got the directory  'S', the green bar started running from left to right.  I went back to Chrome and looked at the 'Main page' for the server.  I could watch as all six data disk spun up.  When the sixth spun up, the file listing now appeared.  

My conclusion is that the cache folders may be running but it isn't doing anything.   Diagnostic file is attached. 

elsie1-diagnostics-20181026-2252.zip

EDIT:  I have done some further testing.  I now really suspect that the cache directory plugin has some serious issues with the latest releases.  First, many folks are finding that it does not start 'running' automatically.  Second, (in my case), even after it is cycled and the the status says it is running, it does not seem to be actually caching any directories or file names.  I can't see any reading activity going on (looking at the Main tab) during the time I would think it should be doing its thing.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what is going on? 

Edited by Frank1940

Autofan questions.

Q1
I understand that autofan is controlling speed by pwm. Is it also working with 3-pin fans header with no PWM, that is, will it do voltage-based speed control using pin #3? If not, is there such plugin?

Q2

I'm wondering about the issue of minimum PWM. I clicked DETECT next to "Minimum PWM value:" settings a few times, but the field remains blank. Meanwhile, syslog is reporting 0 rpm at certain PWM values, logs below. Is this all fine or do I need to adjust something somewhere?

Oct 27 05:38:09 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 40C, adjusting fan speed from: 189 (74% @ 2265rpm) to: 145 (56% @ 1771rpm)
Oct 27 05:43:14 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 39C, adjusting fan speed from: 145 (56% @ 1767rpm) to: 123 (48% @ 1500rpm)
Oct 27 06:08:23 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 38C, adjusting fan speed from: 123 (48% @ 1500rpm) to: 101 (39% @ 0rpm)
Oct 27 06:13:28 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 34C, adjusting fan speed from: 101 (39% @ 0rpm) to: OFF (0% @ 0rpm)
Oct 27 06:23:33 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 36C, adjusting fan speed from: OFF (0% @ 0rpm) to: 57 (22% @ 0rpm)
Oct 27 06:33:38 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 37C, adjusting fan speed from: 57 (22% @ 0rpm) to: 79 (30% @ 0rpm)
Oct 27 06:48:43 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 38C, adjusting fan speed from: 79 (30% @ 0rpm) to: 101 (39% @ 0rpm)
Oct 27 07:03:49 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 0C, adjusting fan speed from: 101 (39% @ 0rpm) to: OFF (0% @ 0rpm)
Oct 27 07:28:54 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 39C, adjusting fan speed from: OFF (0% @ 0rpm) to: 123 (48% @ 0rpm)
Oct 27 07:33:59 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 37C, adjusting fan speed from: 123 (48% @ 1513rpm) to: 79 (30% @ 0rpm)
Oct 27 07:44:04 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 38C, adjusting fan speed from: 79 (30% @ 0rpm) to: 101 (39% @ 0rpm)
Oct 27 07:54:10 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 39C, adjusting fan speed from: 101 (39% @ 0rpm) to: 123 (48% @ 1500rpm)
Oct 27 07:59:15 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 37C, adjusting fan speed from: 123 (48% @ 1510rpm) to: 79 (30% @ 0rpm)
Oct 27 08:04:20 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 38C, adjusting fan speed from: 79 (30% @ 0rpm) to: 101 (39% @ 0rpm)
Oct 27 08:14:25 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 39C, adjusting fan speed from: 101 (39% @ 0rpm) to: 123 (48% @ 1496rpm)
Oct 27 08:19:30 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 37C, adjusting fan speed from: 123 (48% @ 1510rpm) to: 79 (30% @ 0rpm)
Oct 27 08:24:35 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 38C, adjusting fan speed from: 79 (30% @ 0rpm) to: 101 (39% @ 0rpm)
Oct 27 08:34:40 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 39C, adjusting fan speed from: 101 (39% @ 0rpm) to: 123 (48% @ 1490rpm)
Oct 27 08:39:45 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 37C, adjusting fan speed from: 123 (48% @ 1510rpm) to: 79 (30% @ 0rpm)
Oct 27 08:44:51 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 38C, adjusting fan speed from: 79 (30% @ 0rpm) to: 101 (39% @ 0rpm)
Oct 27 08:54:56 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 39C, adjusting fan speed from: 101 (39% @ 0rpm) to: 123 (48% @ 1486rpm)
Oct 27 09:00:01 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 37C, adjusting fan speed from: 123 (48% @ 1510rpm) to: 79 (30% @ 0rpm)
Oct 27 09:05:06 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 38C, adjusting fan speed from: 79 (30% @ 0rpm) to: 101 (39% @ 0rpm)
Oct 27 09:15:11 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 39C, adjusting fan speed from: 101 (39% @ 0rpm) to: 123 (48% @ 1503rpm)
Oct 27 09:20:16 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 37C, adjusting fan speed from: 123 (48% @ 1510rpm) to: 79 (30% @ 0rpm)
Oct 27 09:25:21 Tower autofan: Highest disk temp is 38C, adjusting fan speed from: 79 (30% @ 0rpm) to: 101 (39% @ 0rpm)

Edited by ldrax