Dynamix - V6 Plugins

Normally your CPU cooler should be automatic adjusted anyway. If not im using "autofan" for it.

#!/bin/bash

###  Check if script already run 
if [[ -f "/var/run/fancontrol.pid" ]]; then
echo "fancontrol läuft bereits."
exit

else
echo "starte fancontrol"

fi

killall -15 fancontrol
echo "fancontrol gekillt"
rm -f /etc/fancontrol
echo "/etc/fancontrol gelöscht"
echo "# Configuration file generated by pwmconfig, changes will be lost
INTERVAL=10
DEVPATH=hwmon0=devices/platform/coretemp.0 hwmon1=devices/platform/nct6775.656
DEVNAME=hwmon0=coretemp hwmon1=nct6776
FCTEMPS=hwmon1/pwm2=hwmon0/temp1_input
FCFANS= hwmon1/pwm2=hwmon1/fan2_input
MINTEMP=60 hwmon1/pwm2=60
MAXTEMP=75 hwmon1/pwm2=75
MINSTART=150 hwmon1/pwm2=20
MINSTOP=0 hwmon1/pwm2=15
MINPWM=0 hwmon1/pwm2=15
MAXPWM=255 hwmon1/pwm2=255" > /etc/fancontrol
echo "/etc/fancontrol neu geschrieben"
fancontrol

i run it every hour- if it would fail for any reason.

just buy some pwr splitter cables then? :D

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01MS97RSX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Maybe you need this if you CPU fan header has not enaught power:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B015KG6HP0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

but on my 2 mainboards i tried, more then 5 fans worked perfectly.

Maybe you could adjust the script also to do it. you can play around with the source /fan1_input u can look in the directorys for the right number according to your cpu temperature. 

(i dont knwo something like /cpu/temperature/something0-5)

Use ur terminal for it.

Edited by nuhll

Yeah, there are also ppl on internet who say DONT USE  insert random drive here IN NAS because you need enterprise hardware11111111

Overall, the worst thing that can happen is it dont work. You can see if the higehst RPM is still the same, or not, if not, buy the 2. link i gave u.

I have 5 or 6 fans on a single ARRAY PWR thing on MB. Its old hardware and i tried 2 different mainboards till now - on both it works just fine.

Only one thing, PWM will only be read from ONE fan, so you might want to take the fastest or slowest, like you want. (noice/temperature)

Edited by nuhll
12 minutes ago, Ryonez said:

Dynamix System Statistics has a minimum Unraid version of 6.7.0 as of it's last update. Latest stable unRaid version is 6.6.6.

I've been getting a notification about this update everyday for a week.

Whilst it's great 6.7.0 is on the horizon, it would be nice to suppress impossible notifications.

Whether updates for a version higher than installed are ignored, or updates for a non-released version are ignored, I don't know. (in the first case, where an update is available for a later release, perhaps not a notification raised, but an icon on the Apps page stating that an update is available if you update your OS.)

On 1/16/2019 at 12:06 PM, Ryonez said:

I've been getting a notification about this update everyday for a week.

Alternative would be to disable plugin update checks and either check manually, or install the auto update plugin and just have it update everything and not have to worry about it.

12 hours ago, Squid said:

Alternative would be to disable plugin update checks and either check manually, or install the auto update plugin and just have it update everything and not have to worry about it.

I like to be there when updating just in case something breaks.
Not sure if the auto update plugin would fix it though, because it wouldn't be updating the plugin would it? Or does it suppress the notifications anyway?

I like to be there when updating just in case something breaks.
Not sure if the auto update plugin would fix it though, because it wouldn't be updating the plugin would it? Or does it suppress the notifications anyway?
Auto update doesn't send out notifications unless you want it to. You can also pick and choose what it'll update for you behind the scenes.

Sent via telekinesis

On 11/18/2018 at 2:34 PM, bonienl said:

Finally merged the updates of @Alex R. Berg and made a new version of dynamix cached dirs available.

@bonienl

A new change is ready. Unfortunately you may find it to be a pain-in-the-arse because the last was not merged via git, but manually applied. Anyway I havn't created a new change request, as any change I push automatically gets added to the existing change-request. The new version is cache-dirs 2.2.7, and includes fixes to -a option which allows users to exclude via arbitrary find exclude commands, stuff from Joe I ruined long ago.

bonienl, I suspect it is this commit you merged manually last: 8bef2e6dff9cb76553965fd898ef8692b0a29625. I would merge everything up to the point you merged last, so git knows it. And then merge normally.

On 11/18/2018 at 3:25 PM, Frank1940 said:

Does this mean that those of us who were on @Alex R. Berg's fork of of the Preclear plugin will end up back on this version or will we have to uninstall and reinstall?  

I'll point you all to bonienl when this next merge is done. I don't remember if I already pointed everybody back to main in nov/dec, but I'll do it again.

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

Should be pointed out that users who are upgrading to v6.7.0-rc1 and have dynamix system stats installed must upgrade that stats plugin.  It will spam your log and very quickly fill it otherwise

Funny you should post that. I have updated the stats plugin and then I just looked at my stats and memory is not showing correctly. I have 32GB of RAM. The used memory amount is showing as a very negative number. According to free I have 11GB used.

Unraid-stats-6.6.7-rc1.png

10 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

Funny you should post that. I have updated the stats plugin and then I just looked at my stats and memory is not showing correctly. I have 32GB of RAM. The used memory amount is showing as a very negative number. According to free I have 11GB used.

Unraid-stats-6.6.7-rc1.png

Same for me with 16GB. (I didn't even know about that little information window you get from mousing over the charts.😲)