Dynamix - V6 Plugins

Maybe this is a stupid question but i'm new to Unraid and I want to install this plugin but I get the same error people already reported that I need to upgrade to 6.7.0 (see below).

Is there no way to install this until 6.7.0 comes out?

plugin: installed Unraid version is too low, require at least version 6.7.0-rc0i

2 hours ago, Ziwehox said:

Maybe this is a stupid question but i'm new to Unraid and I want to install this plugin but I get the same error people already reported that I need to upgrade to 6.7.0 (see below).

Is there no way to install this until 6.7.0 comes out?

plugin: installed Unraid version is too low, require at least version 6.7.0-rc0i

6.7.0.rc1 is available if you are prepared to run a RC version?   If not you will just have to ignore this message until 6.7.0 stable is released.

Next rev of CA will have provisions to prevent system stats from showing up on 6.6 (Because the older version of system stats does work on 6.6, CA didn't have the provisions to mark it as being incompatible without it triggering an error from FCP)

Sent via telekinesis

I need to install the plugin but I cannot find the old version and the previous version from my flash doesn't work. The reason for this is that I installed the new version and then I had to downgrade because VPN was not working. Now I'm stock without the stats. 

This is the error I get 

plugin: installing: /boot/config/plugins-old-versions/dynamix.system.stats.plg/2018.08.29a/dynamix.system.stats.plg
plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/archive/dynamix.system.stats.txz ... done
plugin: bad file MD5: /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.system.stats/dynamix.system.stats.txz

Edited by gacpac

Any way to get Autofan to control more than one PWM controller and/or fan?

I run one of my servers in a boiler room, next to the fresh-air intake.  (Yeah, Yeah, but it is what it is.)  This works great most of the time, since when the boiler runs, the make-up air from the fresh-air intake nicely cools down the server, offsetting the heat from the boiler room. 

Problem is, when it's -27°F (~ -33°C) outside, like it is today, the HDDs are running at 19°F (just spun up)  to 28°F (spinning) (~ -7°C to -2°C), which is probably way too cold to run these HDDs.

I have multiple chassis fans.   I'd like to automatically spin all of them down when it's this cold.  If any chassis fan is running, even the exhaust fans, too much cold air is pulled in.

It sounds like you may have a use case for putting an Aquaero fan controller in your server.

When I watercooled I had a temperature sensor on the intake air, another on the water and used the difference to dictate the speed of the fan groups. If the difference was under a certain amount, the radiator fans were shut down.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Frank1940 said:

A piece of cardboard for days like this...   😈

Just like we used to do on extremely code days for car radiators eh?

(I'm now using a sheet of plastic, since cardboard is too flammable to have that close to a boiler -- but the temps are still are still pretty cold @~40°F.  I'll probably need to add some tape!)

1 hour ago, DanielCoffey said:

It sounds like you may have a use case for putting an Aquaero fan controller in your server.

When I watercooled I had a temperature sensor on the intake air, another on the water and used the difference to dictate the speed of the fan groups. If the difference was under a certain amount, the radiator fans were shut down.

I'd like to avoid adding more hardware, but you're probably right.  I may need to add a separate fan speed controller.

Edited by brainbone
3 hours ago, brainbone said:

Problem is, when it's -27°F (~ -33°C) outside, like it is today, the HDDs are running at 19°F (just spun up)  to 28°F (spinning) (~ -7°C to -2°C), which is probably way too cold to run these HDDs.

Until you get the temperatures back in the manufacturers acceptable operating range, disable spin down completely. Then at least the temperature variations won't be so bad. Ask @limetech about spinning up extremely cold disks.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, brainbone said:

It is, usually minimum operating temp is 0C, and even that is too cold and not good for the disks, operating disks at very low temps (<30C) can be as bad as high temps, there's a Google study about it.

Edited by johnnie.black
  • Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

It is, usually minimum operating temp is 0C, and even that is too cold and not good for the disks, operating disks at very low temps (<30C) can be as bad as high temps, there's a Google study about it.

Exactly.  Hence my concern.   

I've resorted to taping up the vents on the case and keeping all drives spun up. Currently have them at around 55°F (~ 13°C).  I'll need to find a permanent solution, though my preferred solution would be to shut off select (in my case, all) chassis fans based on HDD temp, however keeping the array spun up is also needed.

An unraid feature to force spinup when HDD temps are too low would be nice, however since temperature isn't available when they are spun down, it could be difficult to implement/use, requiring at least one HDD or an SSD be kept spinning as a canary.   Low temp alerts in addition to high temp alerts would also be nice.  (Guess I'll go create a feature request for these.)  

Edited by brainbone

Hi guys, new Unraid user here. I ve set up a 4x2 TB array and now I m searching for useful plugins.

The problem I want some help with is related to the Dynamix Autofan plugin. Without it the motherboard was handling the fans (actually a single fan) and it did it really nice (the system was quiet). But I wanted to see if the plugin offers more options. What the plugin seems to do is raise my fan speed every x minutes. x being the time interval that I set it to check for the temps. Ok I said, this is bad, let me just remove it. The weird thing is that this behavior persisted after the plugin was removed and after the server was rebooted. Anybody else had this issue ?

Any advice would be appreciated.

On 2/1/2019 at 11:28 PM, nuhll said:

U neeed to adjust the temps, also what says log?

There is nothing in the logs that I could use to troubleshoot this.

And as I wrote before the problem seems that the plugin is removed and still has some effect on the fan curve.

Is this really possible ? How does the plugin actually controlls the fans ?

Are there files created by the plugin outside the flash / config folder that could do this ?

1 hour ago, suyac said:

And as I wrote before the problem seems that the plugin is removed and still has some effect on the fan curve.

Are there files created by the plugin outside the flash / config folder that could do this ?

Just a SWAG---  But could the plugins be adjusting the hardware settings on the MB?  That would account for the plugin settings having a residual effect...   

10 hours ago, suyac said:

I dont think so.

You need to adjust the temp range, if you set it "wrong" you get wrong behaivior.

Also if u removed plugin and restartet, there is nothing left.

Edited by nuhll