Dynamix - V6 Plugins

On 2/3/2019 at 6:11 PM, nuhll said:

I dont think so.

You need to adjust the temp range, if you set it "wrong" you get wrong behaivior.

Also if u removed plugin and restartet, there is nothing left.

Ok, it s good to know that.

That means that my motherboard handles the fans in a weird manner.

I ll investigate more in that direction.

Hi, I have the Asus PRIME A320M-A motherboard with a AMD A6 processor, I've tried using this system temp plugin and loaded the lm78 driver but after the drivers are loaded it still says:

"Processor temperature:

Not used

Mainboard temperature:

Not used

Array fan speed:

Not used"

is there a way to fix this or is my motherboard incompatible?

thanks

Is this an academic question?   You can only display two temperatures out the (in your case) thirteen shown in the table.  I have two temperatures on one of my servers that are in the range of 128C.  I would simply pick two that seem indicate the true temperature states of the CPU and MB.  (I personally went with the highest one for each.) 

I currently have both Dynamix System Stats and System Temp plugins installed and they work great.  Many thanks.  Apologies if this has already been asked but my search didn't turn up anything. 

Is there any possibility to integrate historical system temperature data into the System Stats graphs?  I would love to be able to monitor temperatures over time.  If not, can anyone suggest something else that can enable this functionality?  Thanks in advance.  

Thanks for the info, will look into this as I thought pads were generally inferior to TIM compounds.  Now if only I could find a better heatsink for my mobile chip!  My question still stands though, would love to have historical temp data available in some form.

I use 2 dockers for historical info.

Netdata for fine details.

Munin for long term stats history.
11 minutes ago, BillClinton said:

I use 2 dockers for historical info.

Netdata for fine details.

Munin for long term stats history.

Thanks, I will check these out - they both look promising.  I didn't consider using a separate container for monitoring though it makes sense.  The support thread for the Munin-server container by Jugniji in CA seems to have not been updated for quite a while but there are several other templates available in dockerhub.  I figured that displaying temperature readings would be a natural extension of the system stats plugin and I was somewhat surprised when I couldn't find any mention of it.  Since I have both plugins currently installed and configured, I thought perhaps there was simply a configuration setting I missed to integrate the two for unified data on one display.  The idea being that one could find a peak in CPU usage, say during an intensive transcode operation, and correlate the peak usage with the peak temp. 

Hi all.

So I'm trying to track down why I have slow read write across my box when it comes to dockers and installed the Dynamix System Stats to find out more.

How ever looking at the status Vs the main page memory usage there seems to be a disparity.

On the stats page it looks like memory is 99% in use Vs main page 45%

Which is the best reading or is it the interpretation by me ?

Thanks

Terran

tbmaindoma-diagnostics-20190216-1008.zip

Screenshot_20190216-100419.png

Screenshot_20190216-100241.png

18 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Thanks... I guess I was expecting it to be consistent how ever you may have just pin pointed my problem.

If it's caching in to ram and I only have 8gb (Dell stopped you adding more in the bios) it would explain why windows on the same hardware worked different.

I'm thinking a cache drive with a swap file may help as I do not have one or would I still see the memory used ?

Thanks

Terran

I am seeing the following on System Temps Plugin

image.png.a834fac7c7312472609c2395535ae9e5.png

But IPMI is showing motherboard is SM X9DR3

image.thumb.png.7cd6518625a973b77cca302b67438513.png

Also can you advise what to check for this log entries, doesnt happen all the time.

Feb 16 12:07:02 Test kernel: i801_smbus 0000:00:1f.3: Timeout waiting for interrupt!

Feb 16 12:07:02 Test kernel: i801_smbus 0000:00:1f.3: Transaction timeout

Feb 16 12:07:02 Test kernel: i801_smbus 0000:00:1f.3: Failed terminating the transaction

Feb 16 12:07:02 Test kernel: i801_smbus 0000:00:1f.3: SMBus is busy, can't use it!

Edited by SimonF

root@Tower:/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/scripts# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/scripts/s3_sleep -ED
sdj=ST3000VN000-1H4167_W300LSRL sde=ST3000VN000-1H4167_Z300RW7B sdk=ST3000VN000-1H4167_Z300TR2S sdi=ST3000VN000-1H4167_Z301FX5N sdd=TOSHIBA_DT01ABA300_43LNH62GS