Dynamix - V6 Plugins

Seems like rolling back to version before nvme was supported could work, but I'm not sure how to do it.

Kind of sad after all the virtualization features added that a core NAS feature is degraded :(

i don't mind waiting, or participating in testing/troubleshooting, but the sound of crickets is a bit discouraging...

On 5/19/2019 at 12:39 PM, Ford Prefect said:

upgraded from 6.5.3 to 6.7.0, using S3_Sleep_Plugin  version 3.0.6.1

The server goes to sleep just fine, but will not respond to WOL requests anymore.

WOL flag is set to "g" only (realtek NIC)...actually can't remember if there was something different in it for unraid 6.5.3...it just used to work for "ages"...last downtime was 300+days ago ;-)

Edit: just checked and the NIC seems to be powered down completely upon sleep...no lights visible from the outside at the connector

...bump

Any hints Anyone? What are the correct flags in the NIC for making WOL work?...it did work perfectly for *years* with this board.

Edit: Nevermind, seems like I am not alone and the problem is discussed here: 

Edited by Ford Prefect

basically I would agree, but all people affected had a working WOL setup before upgrading to unRAID 6.7.

The reason I did link in here was, that the S3-sleep plugin also appeared to have stopped working after the update.

The plugin allows for configuring a WOL parameter to be set, before putting the server to sleep.

Prior to unraid 6.7 this was enough to enable WOL, after the rig had been put to sleep.

After the upgrade to 6.7, this no longer works,.

However, manually configuring "ethtool -s eth0 wol g" into the "comand issued efore sleep" parameter, fixes it.

Conclusion: the S3-sleep plugin stopped working, because setting the wol parameter to g via the GUI stopped working

Edit: see 

Edited by Ford Prefect

...but the direct command "ethtool -s eth0 wol g" is still working fine with the driver.
Config option in S3-sleep plugin to set wol parameter to "g" before going to sleep stopped working.
If the plugin is a wrapper to this command, it still should work, but it does not.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Thank you for your support, this is very much appreciated.

When entering the post command directly, it works, but when using the parameter sets it looks like it is working, but does not (ethtool query on eth0 shows parameter "g" set, but nic goes off).
I can only guess that this is related to the moment in time, when the command is really issued...or related to a different ethtool version used in the script, compared to the system wide one.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

• Like 1

OK, I am now back in front of my rig.

Here's a screenshot showing things...

The parameter set - circled in red - used to work fine, prior to the upgrade to unraid v6.7

Now it stopped working and the script - circled in green - is now needed and is working fine.

I would have assumed, that the red parameter set is actually combined/wrapped into the same command as now used in the green set.

But the green script wasn't set/needed prior to v6.7

s3sleep-red-grenn.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question to the system temp. plugin.

I am running version 6.7.0 on an ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX Z370-G Mainboard.

When I try to detect available drivers I only get "coretemp" which comes directly from the cpu if I am correct but I get nothing from the motherboard itself e.g. MB Temp, temperature of my drivecage or Fanspeeds etc.

Can anyone give me a hint or link to a ressource to solve this?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Trying to figure out how to control my fans from unraid.

My Asus Maximus Hero II dont detect any fans at all. I have tried different settings in bios regarding DC mode, PWM mode and also disable but it wont detect any fans at all. For temps it shows all of them, only fans that causes a problem.

Drivers in use are coretemp nct6775. Is there any other drivers I should test with?

I little update here if anyone else has the same issue.

I added acpi_enforce_resources=lax to the syslinux.cfg and now all fans show up in unraid.

So to next issue. My motherboard is from asus and all fans are controlled from bios based on MB temp. To control the fans from unraid and not from bios how do I configure them in bios?

pwn.thumb.png.5cb8b0eeff1f911df37cac2753fa12ca.png

For DC mode and PWM mode I got some additional options.

pwm1.thumb.png.73784bff0b76c65afe52e0ba8c86ce7b.png

Edit:

Ok, so I am getting somewhere. I set the q-control in BIOS to disabled and I can now control the drives from the plugin. 
My last issue is how do I get it to control more than one fan from my motherboard? 

Edited by ProphetSe7en

@bonienlThere a new cache-dirs plugin in my repo fork from 2018-12, that hasn't been merged into the main. We had a merge accident, so a merge came look like a conflict. I havn't merged main changes into my fork, because I didn't want to deal with that. Maybe its easiest to start over on a new cache-dirs-only branch? Or change the dynamix applications to expect my forked github repo, as the source.

Hi, I have some questions regarding auto fan control.

Can I control all the MB fans or just 1 ? 

Can I only select the different hdd´s temps to monitor the temps?

How can I look for all the fans of my MB (it actually shows only fan1 and fan2 (although it shows 3 sensors and my MB has 4/5 fans)?

Another user after updating to Unraid 6.7.0 seeing the Dynamix Auto Fan Control plugin behavior broken but in my case not all the way.

From a Status: Stopped state I can reset using the Default button and enable, detect and apply and it will run for some period of time, still not sure what length of time that is exactly but it seems to be longer than 12 hrs but shorter than 24 hrs.  

Diagnostics attached.

raid-01-diagnostics-20190626-1220.zip

Edited by dabl

I got this working some time ago, but I infrequently get an edge case where the entire server crashes and shuts down if I don't have my VM in sleep. It's likely related to this command I set up to send after wake:

virsh dompmwakeup "VM"

I usually have the VM active and sleeping, but not always. Does anyone know why it crashes and/or a possible solution to this problem? It's likely to be exacerbated if I set up more VMs (and not all will be on at the time)

On 4/30/2019 at 8:31 AM, poto2 said:

After upgrading my cache drive from 1.6tb Intel NVME to 3.8tb HGST NVME, fan auto control plugin is no longer ignoring NVME drive when calculating drive temp.

The new cache drive model is HGST N150 3800GB, and shows in Unraid dashboard as model UCSC-F-H38001.  Fans used to idle at 800rpm, now with min cache drive temp at 40C, a much louder 2000+rpm.

The new drive does run hot - 40C is after I switched pcie slots so open space next to drive heat sink, and also have 2000 rpm 12cm fan blowing directly down onto pcie slots.

I had a similar problem with plugin a couple of years ago, when NVME drives were newer, but something about this drive seems to be different, resulting in its temp not being ignored as configured.

Pics showing systemp temp/fan auto control settings, as well as drive status and log file.  Diagnostics attached.

Any help or suggestions appreciated, as this server used to be whisper-quiet except for parity checks!

drive status and log file.jpg

fan auto control.jpg

system temp.jpg

unraid-one-diagnostics-20190430-1146.zip 150.06 kB · 0 downloads

Bumping previous post in hopes of future attention.  Issue still remains where fan speed plugin does not ignore NVME drive when "checked"

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to get the temperature plugin to work. It detects as coretemp nct7802 but no temperatures are listed in the drop down

image.thumb.png.309ca3922b0af92ecbdfb7f127199514.png

I have a MSI X299 tomahawk

The temperatures have only listed once when I last updated the OS, but after I hit apply they all went away again.

• Upvote 1
On 6/26/2019 at 8:27 AM, dabl said:

Another user after updating to Unraid 6.7.0 seeing the Dynamix Auto Fan Control plugin behavior broken but in my case not all the way.

From a Status: Stopped state I can reset using the Default button and enable, detect and apply and it will run for some period of time, still not sure what length of time that is exactly but it seems to be longer than 12 hrs but shorter than 24 hrs.  

Diagnostics attached.

raid-01-diagnostics-20190626-1220.zip 137.32 kB · 0 downloads

Since the above post from 6/26/2019 and re-enabling per above the plugin maintained a Status of 'Running' for 12 days then stopped again for whatever reason.  

Re-enabling this time per above took many attempts to get a Status of 'Running'.

Hopefully the attached diagnostics will be of some use.

raid-01-diagnostics-20190709-1749.zip

Edited by dabl