Dynamix - V6 Plugins

On 6/26/2019 at 12:29 AM, luca2 said:

Hi, I have some questions regarding auto fan control.

Can I control all the MB fans or just 1 ? 

Can I only select the different hdd´s temps to monitor the temps?

How can I look for all the fans of my MB (it actually shows only fan1 and fan2 (although it shows 3 sensors and my MB has 4/5 fans)?

It will be very very useful to add control for multiple fans.

On 4/20/2019 at 3:04 AM, John Graham said:

I dont know ,,, i would but up to try it ,,, i just tryed Dynamix System Temp with about the same outcome ,,, furst timw it worked but ever time after that it dose not work..?? i am lost. Might be my new setup but i dont thing so. the only thing i see is a comment about somthing call

"Dynamix webGui" searched for it but cant find it? I will send a screen dump of my screen. i have tryed un instaling and reinstalling still nothing

Thanls and dont get me wrong i am not bitching just trying out all the buttons ?;-{

System-temp_not-working.png

I'm having this same problem.

I detect and load the drivers. Then scan and select the temps and fan speed readings. Hit apply and done. after leaving the page, nothing shows up in the dashboard. I go back to check the settings and everything is blank and i cannot detect or load drivers or sensors as they are all blank.

filesvr-diagnostics-20190719-1020.zip

On 7/9/2019 at 2:07 PM, dabl said:

Since the above post from 6/26/2019 and re-enabling per above the plugin maintained a Status of 'Running' for 12 days then stopped again for whatever reason.  

Re-enabling this time per above took many attempts to get a Status of 'Running'.

Hopefully the attached diagnostics will be of some use.

raid-01-diagnostics-20190709-1749.zip 131.34 kB · 0 downloads

Same thing again, guess I'm an idiot to keep trying this vs returning to good old fanspeed.sh and cron.......

raid-01-diagnostics-20190724-2155.zip

On 7/24/2019 at 5:59 PM, dabl said:

Same thing again, guess I'm an idiot to keep trying this vs returning to good old fanspeed.sh and cron.......

raid-01-diagnostics-20190724-2155.zip 173.81 kB · 0 downloads

After becoming disabled again very shortly this time after getting it restarted I gave up on the Dynamix plugin for now and returned to using unraid-fan-speed.sh with the user scripts plugin to start at boot. I forgot the 'cron' part was built into the script.  I disabled the Dynamix fan auto control plugin but the speed of the fans shows up on the dashboard 'Airflow' section which is good.

Edited by dabl
  • 2 weeks later...

On 8/3/2019 at 12:58 PM, Stripe said:

Is there a way to exclude an unassigned nvme drive from temperature reading in Dynamix Fan Auto Control?

It should be, but it doesn't work.

it was reported months ago by several users, the developer did **** all about it.

it seems like such and easy thing to do....

@LSL1337

While I certainly understand your frustration that this problem is not yet solved, things are not always as easy to fix, as a normal user might think. It probably won't help to discourage the author even further by being rude. If you know how to solve the problem, please provide a patch or pull request and the author will probably check and accept it. If you don't, please try to be kind, encouraging and understanding, that this plugin is developed in the free time of the author without monetary compensation (at least I think it is).

@bonienl

I don't have this problem myself, as I don't own NVME drives, so I don't really know, what I am talking about. But if the problem is recognizing if NVME drives are present and which ones they are, it might be a solution to let the user choose drives to be excluded from a list. What do you think?

• Like 1

hi,

for fan control, i don't understand.

i got 4 controller

nct7904 pwn1 to 4

i want my fan 100% all the time because they are noctua 80 redux 1800pwmn max

now i got 1200RPM not enought, my drives and the mb is too hot

how to fix fan speeb control ?

when i click test Minimum PWM value: i got this error:

<br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_get_contents(/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.3/i2c-0/0-002d/hwmon/hwmon3/fan1_min): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>67</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.3/i2c-0/0-002d/hwmon/hwmon3/fan1_min): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>69</b><br />0<br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.3/i2c-0/0-002d/hwmon/hwmon3/fan1_min): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>86</b><br />

++

Edited by ibasaw
17 hours ago, ibasaw said:

hi,

for fan control, i don't understand.

i got 4 controller

nct7904 pwn1 to 4

i want my fan 100% all the time because they are noctua 80 redux 1800pwmn max

now i got 1200RPM not enought, my drives and the mb is too hot

how to fix fan speeb control ?

when i click test Minimum PWM value: i got this error:

<br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_get_contents(/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.3/i2c-0/0-002d/hwmon/hwmon3/fan1_min): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>67</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.3/i2c-0/0-002d/hwmon/hwmon3/fan1_min): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>69</b><br />0<br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.3/i2c-0/0-002d/hwmon/hwmon3/fan1_min): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>86</b><br />

++

i had uninstall this plugins and use ipmi fan control to full speed...this is what i want...pb solved for me

On 8/13/2019 at 11:14 PM, SlrG said:

@LSL1337

While I certainly understand your frustration that this problem is not yet solved, things are not always as easy to fix, as a normal user might think. It probably won't help to discourage the author even further by being rude. If you know how to solve the problem, please provide a patch or pull request and the author will probably check and accept it. If you don't, please try to be kind, encouraging and understanding, that this plugin is developed in the free time of the author without monetary compensation (at least I think it is).

@bonienl

I don't have this problem myself, as I don't own NVME drives, so I don't really know, what I am talking about. But if the problem is recognizing if NVME drives are present and which ones they are, it might be a solution to let the user choose drives to be excluded from a list. What do you think?

you are right, but I don't think there is anyone who manages the plug-in anymore.

and the problem with the plug-in is that it can't ignore nvme drives, so the 2nd part of what you wrote is impossible/doesn't work.

I downgraded to the previous version (without nvme support), but it didn't work on 6.7.0

the github for it is abandoned.

If I could fix it, I would

On 7/28/2019 at 9:58 PM, dabl said:

After becoming disabled again very shortly this time after getting it restarted I gave up on the Dynamix plugin for now and returned to using unraid-fan-speed.sh with the user scripts plugin to start at boot. I forgot the 'cron' part was built into the script.  I disabled the Dynamix fan auto control plugin but the speed of the fans shows up on the dashboard 'Airflow' section which is good.

I've switched to this script too. I'm using the user script plugin to run this script every 5 minutes. Everything is working as expected.

3 hours ago, iilied said:

system temp does not detect motherboard's (prime x470-pro) sensors when pressed, and yes perl is installed via nerd pack. any idea why?

There is a problem with this plug in after the 6.7.2 update. It's been a couple of months with no fixes or updates. Consider sys temp/fan control plug in dead.

50 minutes ago, dabl said:

These should be removed from Community Applications so others aren't misled into installing non-working plugins where support for them has been abandoned

The issue isn't that the plugin doesn't work (it does).  The issue is that newer chipsets don't have the drivers included the kernel (in which case you bug Intel / AMD to do that) or that the sensors / sensors-detect scripts themselves have been abandoned (years ago actually).

There are a number of work-arounds if you google things.  EG: On one of my older AMD boards I had to do this in the "go" file

modprobe it87 force_id=0x8686

as the it87 module was included in the kernel, but it didn't recognize the chipset id that my board was giving it.

While I do understand your frustration with this, these issues are outside of the author's control.  But, I will add a note to the app stating that it does not work with all hardware combinations.

Hi, 

does this plugin detect the new AMD CPU zen2 temp? if so then my current PC have the 3700x with ASRock X570 STEEL LEGEND and it could not detected.

i think the issue is with perl 

This is perl 5, version 30, subversion 0 (v5.30.0) built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi

i tried to detect the drivers through the terminal but no luck :(.  

* Since i'm new to UNRAID it's likely that I've done something stupid :ph34r: *

Edited by Muath
49 minutes ago, Muath said:

Hi, 

does this plugin detect the new AMD CPU zen2 temp? if so then my current PC have the 3700x with ASRock X570 STEEL LEGEND and it could not detected.

i think the issue is with perl 

This is perl 5, version 30, subversion 0 (v5.30.0) built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi

i tried to detect the drivers through the terminal but no luck :(.  

* Since i'm new to UNRAID it's likely that I've done something stupid :ph34r: *

I bought an ASROCK for my UnRAID a while back.  Due to the senors chip not being supported I ended up using it as my desk top.  In my case it used a Nuvoton NCT6683D eSIO chip which only ASROCK seem to use and wasn't supported very well.  When I contacted ASROCK they were very firm and clear that they don't support Linux so they wouldn't help.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, dalben said:

I bought an ASROCK for my UnRAID a while back.  Due to the senors chip not being supported I ended up using it as my desk top.  In my case it used a Nuvoton NCT6683D eSIO chip which only ASROCK seem to use and wasn't supported very well.  When I contacted ASROCK they were very firm and clear that they don't support Linux so they wouldn't help.

Oh :(, thank you for the information. is there any configuration needed if i replaced my motherboard? or just buy one then swap it?

thank you again 

5 hours ago, Muath said:

Oh :(, thank you for the information. is there any configuration needed if i replaced my motherboard? or just buy one then swap it?

thank you again 

This was a couple of years ago. Might be worth hunting down others with your board to see if they have senior issues before buying a new one. 

• Like 1

Affects the dynamix.s3.sleep Plugin:

first, I like it, and it saves a lot of energy, because my Unraid server is close to 19 hours a day in standby, and very fast ready for koi include tvheadend (within 10-15 seconds) from sleep! Better than complete power off, there my computer needs nearly two minutes... :(

Just a few things, which would made the script better for me and my usecase (maybe and I am sure it does for others too)

1. Can you change the main loop to:
    # main (continuous loop)
    extraDelay=$delayInit
    [[ $checkTCP == yes ]] && start=0 || start=-1
    while [[ -f $lockfile ]]; do
      if [[ -z $(exclude_period) ]]; then
        if [[ -z $(HDD_activity) ]]; then
          log "All monitored HDDs are spun down"
          if [[ $start -eq 0 ]]; then
            log "Initialize TCP activity counter"
            start=$(txrx_bytes)
          else
            log "Check TCP/SSH/TTY/IP activity"
            if [[ -z $(TCP_activity) && -z $(SSH_activity) && -z $(TTY_activity) && -z $(IP_activity) ]]; then
              log "Communication state is idle"

if [[ $extraDelay -ge 0 ]]; then
                log "Extra delay period running: $extraDelay minute(s)"
                ((extraDelay--))
              fi
            else
              log "Communication activity detected. Reset timers."
              extraDelay=$delayInit
            fi
            [[ $start -gt 0 ]] && start=$(txrx_bytes)
          fi
        else
          log "Disk activity detected. Reset timers."
          extraDelay=$delayInit
        fi

if [[ $extraDelay -lt 0 ]]; then
          [[ $action == sleep ]] && system_sleep || system_down
          log "System woken-up. Reset timers"
          extraDelay=$delayInit
        fi
      fi
      sleep 60
    done &

Because actually, after HDDs spun down detected, the timer counts, after timer is set to zero, the other checks are maid, e.g. network activity. If I change my computer from living room to the office, the script detects (after HDD spun down) that my living room computer is offline, and server goes to sleep, before I can switch on my office computer. Now I have to switch On my office computer, and when it's on, I can switch off my living room computer.
    If you change the behavior when countdown starts, I have x minutes time to change my computer, because countdown starts AFTER the living room computer is off, and is reset after office computer is on.
    I hope it's understandable what I mean. :(

2. And, maybe you can explain me, why there's one division by 120 in the function TCP_activity? (line 4 in this code segment, or line 255 in the original script)
    TCP_activity() {
      result=
      if [[ $checkTCP == yes ]]; then
        delta=$((($(txrx_bytes)-$start)/120))
        [[ $delta -gt $idle ]] && result=1
      fi
      if [[ -n $result ]]; then
        log "Network activity on going: $(($delta*8)) b/s"
        echo $result
      fi
    }

3. And, again above code segment of function TCP_activity, is it possible to change the unit from b/s to kb/s? I don't know, who has such a slow connection that he must read how many bytes are now transfered :D (is it in line 8 in the above code segment, or line 259 in the original script)

Thank you very much :)

Best regards

Rain

Edited by AcidRainX
insert correct script...

Since I put in my new Ryzen build with Asrack mobo, I have a small problem.  Not as big as others here though.

The plugin finds nct6775, and the correct fan's and temps etc.

The issues only related to the mobo temp.

After some time, the temp is incorrect - as in -1 or some other random minus temp.

I just go to the plugin, unload drivers, reload and save and it is all back to normal.  For a while.

Is there anything that could cause this to be fixed ?  or it is sensor/bios support ?

Seeing as it is correct at load time, it should not change should it ?