Dynamix - V6 Plugins

Hi all,

I am running the C3 sleep plugin and I don't think it is working correctly.

I have added times when I don't want it to sleep, I was expecting it to wake the server but it doesn't but I will add a wake on LAN to my setup. 

I was also expecting it to put the server to sleep at midnight but it didn't put it to sleep. 

The sleep buttons that are on my dashboard will put the system to sleep (I am not sure if this is this plugin or the system buttons one)

Thanks

Matt

Has anyone managed to get this to control Dell server fans, specifically the R510/R515? I have the system temperature detecting the CPU temps but I am not sure how to get the fans to be controlled via this. If Dynamix can't control the fans is there a way to get the CPU temps out into a shell script that can then do an ipmitool call?

Having trouble with AutoFan 1.5 (UnRaid 6.8.2) the only option for PWM controller is 'none', and the 'detect' buttons do nothing.

My Asus X570-Plus has 6 pwm fan ports, and I am only using two (the CPU for the cpu fan and CPU-OPT which is connected to a fan hub powering the front 6 drive bay fans). Everything looks fine in bios.

I really want to control the speed of this fan hub based on the temp of the drives if that's possible... 

Any ideas?

Dynamic Cache Dirs

I had a issue were mounting an external USB Hard Drive via unassigned devices lead to High iowait and extremely low file transfer speeds.

I was eventually able to figure with the help of robobub it was Dynamic Cache Dirs that was causing the issue. Dynamic Cache Dirs scanning the External USB Drive was what lead to high iowait. I was able to resolve the issue by excluding the external drive from Cache Dirs. But it would be really nice if you could add an option to exclude all drive mounted via Unassigned devices automatically.

On 1/27/2020 at 6:13 AM, MattC69 said:

I have added times when I don't want it to sleep, I was expecting it to wake the server but it doesn't but I will add a wake on LAN to my setup. 

Unfortunately that is not the way this plugin works. It does not include functionality for automatically waking your server. The time you added simply prevent it from going to sleep during those times if it is already on. To get wakeup to work you will need to insert a custom script to set an RTC wake alarm. There are various examples around the forums and farther back in this thread. The most recent I commented on is here 

Be warned though, RTC hardware support is notoriously inconsistent. Your system may or may not be capable of RTC wake.

On 1/27/2020 at 6:13 AM, MattC69 said:

I was also expecting it to put the server to sleep at midnight but it didn't put it to sleep. 

Take a look at the settings for the plugin with Help on. There is a way to save a log to determine why your server didnt sleep. I would take a shot in the dark and guess its a disk spindown issue, such as your cache disk being included in the list but never being able to spindown.

Hello,

I have installed S3 Sleep a while ago (almost 2 months now) and my Unraid never went to sleep as far as I know. My config plugin config is in the attached screen. I also have running duckdns and OpenVPN docker container (I think that might be the problem?). No idea, to be honest, but I would like to use the sleep mode (it consumes around 75 Watts).

Also I am wondering if its possible to wake it up over VPN or at all? But I doubt it.

Screenshot from 2020-02-04 12-59-59.png

Just a quick question, I am wanting to know how I can adjust my PWM fans on my AIO to coincide with CPU temp? It looks as though it’s tied to hard drive temp but I have very quite 140mm noctua fans running at 100% for my drives so they’re always cool. I am trying Auto Fan from Dynamix but I don’t think it’s working properly as in the fan speed does not increase with cpu temp. 

As you can see my AIO noctua fans are running in the 200rpm range lol. Is Auto Fan purely tied to HDD temp? And if so is there any plugin tha.t will make fans work via CPU TEMP? Or unRaid is not capable of this so I’m stuck with BIOS Q-fan instead?

B4643895-6584-4224-B3DA-95722FCE3308.jpeg

I can not get the temperatures to be selectable  for motherboard cpu  array fan

driver is k10temp nct6775

my cpu  is a AMD 3600  on a Asus PRO WS x570 board...  

what do I need to get it to work.. I checked the ACPI  in bios  doesn't offer an enable disable  but anyone have same issue

AutoFan is not correctly ignoring drives I set in the Ignore section. I set my NVME SSD to be ignored, but in the logs it's still adjusting based on that drive which results in 100% fan speed most of the time. Seems others have reported this with NVME drives. Is this still supported?

On 2/8/2020 at 2:56 PM, comet424 said:

I can not get the temperatures to be selectable  for motherboard cpu  array fan

driver is k10temp nct6775

my cpu  is a AMD 3600  on a Asus PRO WS x570 board...  

what do I need to get it to work.. I checked the ACPI  in bios  doesn't offer an enable disable  but anyone have same issue

I think I had same issue and I believe I fixed it by adding this line in my go file on flash drive (and rebooting):

modprobe it87 force_id=0x8628

Others have said this one fixes it:

modprobe nct6775force_id=0xd120

Edited by ramesivi

I tried another board a MSI  X570 PRO-A board... still nothing  nothing working  and you cant load the driver names  you mentioned

it will only detect

k10temp nct6775

is there any other tricks  to get ryzen cpus to display...  heck it wont even display motherboard  on the MSI board  so why doesn't it work? 

is there an MSI driver?

Edited by comet424
11 minutes ago, comet424 said:

I tried another board a MSI  X570 PRO-A board... still nothing  nothing working  and you cant load the driver names  you mentioned

it will only detect

k10temp nct6775

is there any other tricks  to get ryzen cpus to display...  heck it wont even display motherboard  on the MSI board  so why doesn't it work? 

is there an MSI driver?

Look back at my earlier post if you are looking to get the system temp. 

if your talking about 

modprobe it87 force_id=0x8628

or

modprobe nct6775 force_id=0xd120 

then like I mentioned  doesn't work... doesn't work in the go file doesn't work in manually typing it in..

neither works 

fpr a Ryzen 3600     in a MSI x570 PRO-A or a ASUS WS PRO X570-ACE motherboard

any other tricks then go  or entering it in

and like I said all that will detect is 

k10temp nct6775

so wondering if there is any other tricks

Edited by comet424
On 2/4/2020 at 1:06 PM, Healadin said:

Hello,

I have installed S3 Sleep a while ago (almost 2 months now) and my Unraid never went to sleep as far as I know. My config plugin config is in the attached screen. I also have running duckdns and OpenVPN docker container (I think that might be the problem?). No idea, to be honest, but I would like to use the sleep mode (it consumes around 75 Watts).

Also I am wondering if its possible to wake it up over VPN or at all? But I doubt it.

Screenshot from 2020-02-04 12-59-59.png

The sleep plugin is know for being defunctional for quite some people since the last update nearly two years ago.

You could give this a try:

Edited by darkside40
  • Thanks 1
On 2/23/2020 at 11:16 PM, darkside40 said:

The sleep plugin is know for being defunctional for quite some people since the last update nearly two years ago.

You could give this a try:

Hi,

firstly sorry, I thought I answered you already.

Thanks for response. I tried to comment out those three lines and change the condition, then put it back into .txz file (zipped it and then with xz I turned it into .txz). Sadly, I haven't found what to change in that .plg file and it doesn't show version 3.0.6.1. (added it into commentaries at the top of s3_sleep file).

File that you attached to that post is no longer available, so if you could upload it for me again it would be great :) .

Thanks once again for respoding, I already though it wouldn't get answer.