Dynamix - V6 Plugins

30 minutes ago, darkside40 said:

You must calculate the MD5 hash of the new txz and add edit that in the plg. Than reboot your server and you should use the edited script.

Btw i can download the attache file without any issues.

ok, now there is no longer even sleep button... so I guess it is safe to assume, it would not work for me right? :/

7 minutes ago, darkside40 said:

From what ive know it work for many others. Maybe an editing or packaging failure?

I should go into

/config/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep

on flash drive and copy dynamix.s3.sleep.txz  into my local machine right?

Extract it and go into

dynamix.s3.sleep/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/scripts/

modify s3_sleep file (comment out 3 lines and add condition (lines 232-236) and modify version at the top

then compress top dynamix.s3.sleep folder and put it back into

/config/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep

on flash drive and modify checksum that i get from "md5sum dynamix.s3.sleep.txz" and change it in header of

/config/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep.plg

file and that is all?

I just written what I did. Hopefully I didnþt missed any step? Thanks for lot of feedback, I will give it another try tomorrow.

Because of the monster nature of this particular thread, it's rather hard to gather what exactly is happening.

Is it fair to say that Dynamix S3 Sleep is for all intents and purposes non-functional (and has been since 2018)?  In looking through the code change that was posted earlier, it would appear that the routine that is determining whether or not the drive(s) are idle is completely broken?  Right / Wrong?

Is there still a usage case for this plugin putting your server to sleep even if the drive(s) are still active?

Edited by pluginCop
7 minutes ago, pluginCop said:

Because of the monster nature of this particular thread, it's rather hard to gather what exactly is happening.

Is it fair to say that Dynamix S3 Sleep is for all intents and purposes non-functional (and has been since 2018)?  In looking through the code change that was posted earlier, it would appear that the routine that is determining whether or not the drive(s) are idle is completely broken?  Right / Wrong?

Is there still a usage case for this plugin putting your server to sleep even if the drive(s) are still active?

sleep button works for me, so I think routine for checking drives inactivity when you set autosleep is broken and that fix from darkside40 should solve it (I didn't have time to try it once more today)

17 hours ago, pluginCop said:

Simple problem was that with particular Raid Adapters the normal determination if the drives are spun up or down via the I/O statistics did not work.

So there was a patch with version 3.0.3 which included an activity check via hdparm, which was not reliable for me. I have reported it and it was removed. Later on it was added again with the same consequences, the HDD's seemed to be spun down in the Webif, but the script did not send the server to sleep. So i removed that check again.

For me being able to determinate if the if the array is quite so now data is written to it etc. is mandatory for this plugin.

The other option are nice to have.

I dont know how many people are out there having the same problem like me, but based on this thread here i am not alone.

I will keep my modified version of the script because i know it works.

I have an issue with the system statistics.

It says this:

Warning: Division by zero in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(498) : eval()'d code on line 63

Warning: Division by zero in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(498) : eval()'d code on line 65

I'm completely new at unraid, so I don't know what you need to help me, so I've taken some screenshots of main, stats, and the settings in the plugin.

If you need anything else, let me know.

2020-03-06_09-52-43.png

2020-03-06_09-53-11.png

2020-03-06_09-54-33.png

2020-03-06_09-55-45.png

2 hours ago, Nanobug said:

I'm completely new at unraid, so I don't know what you need to help me, so I've taken some screenshots of main, stats, and the settings in the plugin.

If you need anything else, let me know.

First thing, I would do is to format those two disks you have added to the array!  Since they are not formatted, you can see that the total 'Size' of the array is zero.  That 'Size' will be the denominator when calculating percentages. 

In case, you are wondering how to format those disks, look below to see where to check and then click the 'Format' button.

image.thumb.png.5452538ec10576fd1c929da36f531a8f.png

25 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

First thing, I would do is to format those two disks you have added to the array!  Since they are not formatted, you can see that the total 'Size' of the array is zero.  That 'Size' will be the denominator when calculating percentages. 

In case, you are wondering how to format those disks, look below to see where to check and then click the 'Format' button.

image.thumb.png.5452538ec10576fd1c929da36f531a8f.png

I just did it. I realized I couldn't even use a docker, so I asked here on the forum about that as well.

Thank you. It works now.

Amazing people here!

27 minutes ago, Mihle said:

Just a question, is there any point having Cache Dirs plugin if you keep your HDDs spinning all the time? Would it for example still cause less HDD head movement both with and without cache SSDs?

Cache Dirs has nothing to do with the cache drive. Cache dirs attempts to keep the file listing in memory of the configured shares, but if you don't have enough RAM to keep the full list current, it's counterproductive as it will keep accessing the drives to reload the directory listing. Only use Cache dirs on the minimum amount of content that is frequently accessed.

If you have it set up properly and the only repeated access to the drives in question is a file listing with no request for content, then it will help with head movement.

1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

Cache Dirs has nothing to do with the cache drive. Cache dirs attempts to keep the file listing in memory of the configured shares, but if you don't have enough RAM to keep the full list current, it's counterproductive as it will keep accessing the drives to reload the directory listing. Only use Cache dirs on the minimum amount of content that is frequently accessed.

If you have it set up properly and the only repeated access to the drives in question is a file listing with no request for content, then it will help with head movement.

Any way to figure out about how much memmory it will use or is the only way to turn it on and see?

13 hours ago, bonienl said:

When a default theme store its style files as "default-<name>.css" and "dynamix-<name>.css", it will automatically appear as a choice

ok thanks ill reach out to the creator to see if they can update the names of the files. it does import to the Theme Engine Plugin

this is the file naming as it is is installing

inflating: unraid-sanity-master/CHANGELOG.md  

inflating: unraid-sanity-master/README.md  

inflating: unraid-sanity-master/Sanity-black.cfg  

inflating: unraid-sanity-master/Sanity-black.css  

inflating: unraid-sanity-master/Sanity-white.cfg  

inflating: unraid-sanity-master/Sanity-white.css  

extracting: unraid-sanity-master/VERSION  

inflating: unraid-sanity-master/install.sh  

inflating: unraid-sanity-master/screenshot.png  

Sanity Theme installed!

here is it showing in Theme Engine

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 1.55.31 PM.png

13 hours ago, bonienl said:

When a default theme store its style files as "default-<name>.css" and "dynamix-<name>.css", it will automatically appear as a choice

not sure they can do that without configuring it as a complete theme here is the original Reddit post I quoted you in it (hope thats ok), this one is a cfg file and a couple of 3kb .css files that basically tells Theme Engine how to configure it. so was basically wondering if Day/Night could be updated to support all the themes that can be imported and used in

/boot/config/plugins/theme.engine/themes/

this is my ls -l of that directory

-rw------- 1 root root  804 Jan 16 10:05 Ashes-black.cfg

-rw------- 1 root root 5978 Jan 16 10:05 Ashes-black.css

-rw------- 1 root root  772 Jan 16 10:05 BrushThreesDark-black.cfg

-rw------- 1 root root 5357 Jan 16 10:05 BrushThreesDark-black.css

-rw------- 1 root root  655 Jan 16 10:05 DarkTheme-black.cfg

-rw------- 1 root root  764 Jan 16 10:05 Dracula-black.cfg

-rw------- 1 root root 5357 Jan 16 10:05 Dracula-black.css

-rw------- 1 root root  808 Jan 16 10:05 Grayscale-black.cfg

-rw------- 1 root root 5982 Jan 16 10:05 Grayscale-black.css

-rw------- 1 root root  764 Jan 16 10:05 Monokai-black.cfg