Dynamix - V6 Plugins

4 hours ago, DoItMyselfToo said:

Today, I updated dynamix pluggins (sleep, trim, system info).  Directly afterward, unassigned devices were not visible on the main tab.  And I received this error when trying to stop the array:

emhttpd: error: cmdStop: missing csrf_token

Figuring it was a problem with one of the three plugins causing a conflict after update, I decided to begin uninstalling these three plugins.  Since my server never sleeps, I don't need the sleep plugin, so I uninstalled it first.  My unassigned devices immediately showed on the "Main" tab.  Additionally, I was able to stop the array.  My server seems to be functioning normally.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

I also updated the Dynamix plugins and have no issues with UD.  One of my servers is 6.8.3, the other is 6.9 beta 1.

Kinda weird to routinely check your plugin page for maybe one or two updates and apply them. But than you see this

grafik.thumb.png.adc341f6ec3865aab53551c4408c7ba4.png

First i though maybe it's a late april's fool by one of the devs, you never know 😂

After checking this forum and see the post from @bonienl I realised the update orgy is real. Thanks for the great work again.

Updated the sleep plugin and the UD stopped showing devices @bonienl

I'am currently on 6.8.3.

Edit:

Removing the "S3 sleep plugin" brought back all devices in UD.

Edit2:

I can reproduce the issue be reinstalling the plugin fresh from the community apps. UD devices will dissapear.

Edited by bastl
3 hours ago, bastl said:

Updated the sleep plugin and the UD stopped showing devices @bonienl

I'am currently on 6.8.3.

Edit:

Removing the "S3 sleep plugin" brought back all devices in UD.

Edit2:

I can reproduce the issue be reinstalling the plugin fresh from the community apps. UD devices will dissapear.

A friend of mine has the same problem and send me an screenshot with the failure.photo_2020-04-02_13-31-45.thumb.jpg.ff2c33277fd64b298511eba2150a5f8d.jpg

4 minutes ago, darkside40 said:

A friend of mine has the same problem and send me an screenshot with the failure.

I didn't noticed the error in my tests earlier today. I quickly installed the plugin again and now the UD devices are showing up again with the plugin installed. Weird. Nothing changed since my last post.

3 hours ago, darkside40 said:

new install of the plugin could be the solution?

I can't really explain what happened.

The plugin has an updated sleep script which is able to handle the upcoming multi cache pool feature, it should work to just do the update.

A uninstall and re-install does however ensure a "clean" installation.

3 hours ago, bonienl said:

The plugin itself has no drivers, it can only detect them.

If detection doesn't work for some reason, you can enter the name of the driver manually (if known of coursee).

Understood, but does the sensors-detect file do that seems to have driver information.

1 hour ago, dlandon said:

Understood, but does the sensors-detect file do that seems to have driver information.

Starting with Unraid 6.8, the sensors-detect file is included with the stock installation.

I haven't checked what version is exactly used.

I am 65% of the way through the parity swap procedure, and when I went to the Array Operation tab to see the progress I had this error on that screen...

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function parse_file() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/Sleep.php:18 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(520) : eval()'d code(549): include() #1 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(520): eval() #2 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/template.php(60): require_once('/usr/local/emht...') #3 {main} thrown in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/Sleep.php on line 18

I had just installed the preclear plugin through the community applications plugin, but have not started any preclear, or done anything else since installing the plugin.

I'm not sure this is a sleep plugin problem, I'm only reporting here because it's the only thing mentioned in the error.

On 12/7/2019 at 3:07 AM, darkside40 said:

When the Debug mode shows no ethernet traffic and the drives are definately spun down than that could be a bug introduced in one of the last versions of the S3 Sleep Plugin. I think the root course was the integration of hdparm in the process of determinating if a drive is spun down.

I patched that out and since then the script works as expected and reliable.

I know that some people have that problem, but the script was never reverted back, althought i mentioned that problem some times here.

Up until now, I've been using a modified of the S3 sleep plugin which was recommenced to me in the above post.  The problem was the plugin wasn't reliably detecting when all drives were spun down.  Does anyone know if the current version of the plugin, or unRAID 6.8+ resolved this issue? 

37 minutes ago, Marc_G2 said:

Does anyone know if the current version of the plugin, or unRAID 6.8+ resolved this issue?

I added a new setting "Device activity monitoring" which allows a selection of device monitoring.

By default it is set to "Status & Counters", meaning it monitors both the hardware status and the read/write counters of the device.

If this doesn't work properly, you can select to use "status only" or "counters only".

Try it out!

Edited by bonienl