Dynamix - V6 Plugins

Dynamix System Temp - update seems to have display issue.

Previous Dynamix System Temp worked fine, displayed correct values. Updated to 2020.03.31 and now the motherboard temperature displays as infinty symbol

(wow, that's really hot).  The Processor temperature still displays correctly.  Unraid 6.8.3

Attached is a screen clipping of just the bottom right part of the display.

-- Tom

Screenshot from 2020-04-06 05-38-10.png

Hi Community,

I have a PHP errors with the plugin Dynamix Sleep after I upgrade the plugin to the last version.

This error show in Unraid Main tab at the bottom.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function parse_file() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/Sleep.php:18 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(520) : eval()'d code(549): include() #1 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(520): eval() #2 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/template.php(60): require_once('/usr/local/emht...') #3 {main} thrown in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/Sleep.php on line 18

I am having the same problem as @Enkill with the S3 script. After upgrading to Unraid 6.8.3, I couldn't even start the server anymore. It redirected to http://server_address/update.htm when hitting the Start button; Reboot button redirects to http://server_address/webGui/include/Boot.php, and does not reboot either.

There was also the same error message he is showing at the bottom of the Main tab. Removing the S3 plugin restored the normal functionality, but I really would like to be able to put the server to sleep since I only use it sporadically and cannot justify burning up the power to keep it on all the time. If someone could recommend a solution, that would be awesome!

Re-installing it does not do anything for me either. The Sleep button doesn't even show up. So, for now, I suppose it's best to remove it and shut the server down until this can be fixed. Is there another way to sleep the server? Maybe over the command line?

Thanks

Edited by langrock
Added information about re-installing script.
On 4/6/2020 at 2:40 PM, Tom3 said:

Dynamix System Temp - update seems to have display issue.

Previous Dynamix System Temp worked fine, displayed correct values. Updated to 2020.03.31 and now the motherboard temperature displays as infinty symbol

(wow, that's really hot).  The Processor temperature still displays correctly.  Unraid 6.8.3

Attached is a screen clipping of just the bottom right part of the display.

-- Tom

Screenshot from 2020-04-06 05-38-10.png

Same here.

unRAID 6.8.3. Just updated plugins and it behaves like on my screenshot ie. infinity temp.

1.jpg

Edited by biuropatron

The day has come for nvme temp error. in the auto fan speed plug-in

I updated, tested it, it works

Thank you!

fixed NMVE exclusion (courtesy of Leoyzen)

ps: "added multi fan selection"

i'm not sure what is this, and how does it work?

Multiple fans can be set to the HDD tems, or even other temps.

The UI is the same, how can I configure this?

Edited by LSL1337

For those having issues with the S3 sleep plugin, can you provide diagnostics?

I can not  reproduce the error, and it is strange that a file goes missing.

Additional question: is there anything set in your 'go' file, which is related to S3 sleep?

Edited by bonienl
37 minutes ago, alael said:

Any idea when temperature control will be implemented for ryzen 3000?

There might be an improvement when Unraid 6.9 is released, this version will use linux kernel 5.6, which has several Ryzen enhancements.

I am testing on an ASRock X570M Pro4 motherboard with an AMD Ryzen 5 3400G processor, and all temperatures can be read.

19 hours ago, bonienl said:

Additional question: is there anything set in your 'go' file, which is related to S3 sleep?

I have the same issue and i'm sorry that I can't provide any diagnostics.
Where is this 'go' file? Maybe I can help that way.

22 hours ago, bonienl said:

nope, my Go file is pretty basic

#!/bin/bash
# Start the Management Utility
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

Have been upgrading from around 6.4 or .5 through to now 6.8.3. Everything worked fine until recent plugin updates.

Installed plugs: CA Auto Update Applications, CA Backup / Restore Appdata, CA Cleanup Appdata, CA Mover Tuning, Community Applications, disklocation, Dynamix Active Streams, Dynamix Auto Fan Control, Dynamix Cache Directories, Dynamix File Integrity, Dynamix Local Master, Dynamix S3 Sleep, Dynamix SSD TRIM, Dynamix System Statistics, File Activity, Fix Common Problems, IPMI support, Tips and Tweaks, Unassigned Devices, Unassigned Devices Plus, unBALANCE, User Scripts.

Have removed, re-installed, same problem.

Apr 12 22:20:03 CEREBRO emhttpd: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.plugin.manager/scripts/plugin remove dynamix.s3.sleep.plg
Apr 12 22:20:03 CEREBRO root: plugin: running: anonymous
Apr 12 22:20:53 CEREBRO emhttpd: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/scripts/pluginInstall.sh install https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.s3.sleep.plg
Apr 12 22:20:53 CEREBRO root: plugin: running: anonymous
Apr 12 22:20:53 CEREBRO root: plugin: creating: /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/dynamix.s3.sleep.txz - downloading from URL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bergware/dynamix/master/archive/dynamix.s3.sleep.txz
Apr 12 22:20:54 CEREBRO root: plugin: checking: /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/dynamix.s3.sleep.txz - MD5
Apr 12 22:20:54 CEREBRO root: plugin: running: /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/dynamix.s3.sleep.txz
Apr 12 22:20:54 CEREBRO root: plugin: creating: /tmp/start_service - from INLINE content
Apr 12 22:20:54 CEREBRO root: plugin: setting: /tmp/start_service - mode to 0770
Apr 12 22:20:54 CEREBRO root: plugin: running: anonymous

Edited by Ruxton
23 hours ago, bonienl said:

I had this problem and posted my diagnostics in the main forum b4 I realized the plugin was causing it.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/90873-683-solved-cant-stop-array-spawns-empty-tab-updatehtm/

Plugin removed, reboot fine. Plugin reinstalled, problem reappeared. New diagnostics attached.

My Go file is default:

#!/bin/bash
# Start the Management Utility
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

Thanks for looking into this...I've always used this plugin.

tower-diagnostics-20200412-1130.zip

Edited by FamilyMan
attachment

I've finally managed to get my setup to a stage where the disks in the array will spin down pretty consistently. But I think I'm now running into an issue with Fan Control. 

There are 2 SSD's not impacted by the array fan; the cache drive has been excluded from Auto Fan Control however an NVME drive is mounted via unassigned devices and does not show up in the list for exclusion. However, the log seems to indicate that when all the array drives have spun down, Auto Fan Control then refers to the NVME's temperature to determine fan speed, which means fan speed and noise increases with the array spun down. 

Is there any way to exclude drives mounted in unassigned devices from auto fan control?

Auto Fan Control stopped working on Asus Z390M-PLUS (NCT6796D / NCT6798D) when upgrading to 6.8.x

I built my third UnRAID server last summer running with version 6.7.1. Out of the box most sensors were not detected (eg. the fan speeds), only temperatures were. After a quite a bit of reading in this thread and else where I managed to understand that I needed to manually load the correct driver module with command "modprobe nct6775" which I also put to my go file to make it persist over boot. Everything was fine from sensors perspective and Auto fan control was working pretty nicely (except for the nvme exclusion issue).

I recently discovered that the Auto Fan Control had stopped working at some point. It's been several months since I updated to 6.8.x but I suspect it stopped working at that point. I've made zero changes to core/plugin settings in between, only adding/changing dockers.

Any help is well appreciated. This is a really long post but it is mostly debugging info for the devs. It could well be that this will be solved when moving to 5.x kernal with Unraid 6.9.

This is how it shows in the UI comparing 6.7.x and 6.8.3. I took the 6.7.x screenshot last summer when I got it working. Unfortunately I did not take notes about the results of "sensors" or "sensors-detect" outputs or any other debugging I did back then.

6.7.x Fan Auto Control UI

image.thumb.png.a8040b742ef713bce42805180022e7a7.png

6.8.3 Fan Auto Control UI

image.thumb.png.ca0ede29aae22f59f552c8b4ab2464d7.png

Some facts:

• Unraid 6.7.x included lm-sensors 3.5.0 which added support for "Nuvoton NCT6796D" detection.
  • Unraid 6.8.0 included lm-sensors 3.6.0 which adds support for "Nuvoton NCT6798D " detection.
  • sensor-detect actually now detects my chipset "Found `Nuvoton NCT6798D Super IO Sensors' Success!(address 0x290, driver `nct6775')"

What I'm confused / unsure of:

• Which sensors my Z390M-PLUS actually has, Nuvoton NCT6796D or Nuvoton NCT6796D? 6.7.x said it was NCT6796D as some other internet sources but now in 6.8.3 it is detected as NCT6798D.
  • "modprobe nct6775" seems to run fine, there are no error messages displayed like in this report from 5.4/5.5 kernel version.
  • Dynamix System Temp plugin change log states on 2019.11.03 "Do not load script 'sensors-detect' when Unraid version is 6.8 or higher". There is no similar change on Dynamix System Autofan plugin change log.

6.8.3 sensors output

acpitz-acpi-0
Adapter: ACPI interface
temp1:        +27.8°C  (crit = +119.0°C)

coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
CPU Temp:     +47.0°C  (high = +82.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 0:       +47.0°C  (high = +82.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 1:       +46.0°C  (high = +82.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 2:       +46.0°C  (high = +82.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 3:       +44.0°C  (high = +82.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 4:       +45.0°C  (high = +82.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 5:       +44.0°C  (high = +82.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)

6.8.3 sensors-detect output (the first two essential parts)

# sensors-detect version 3.6.0
# Board: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME Z390M-PLUS
# Kernel: 4.19.107-Unraid x86_64
# Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz (6/158/10)

This program will help you determine which kernel modules you need
to load to use lm_sensors most effectively. It is generally safe
and recommended to accept the default answers to all questions,
unless you know what you're doing.

Some south bridges, CPUs or memory controllers contain embedded sensors.
Do you want to scan for them? This is totally safe. (YES/no):
Silicon Integrated Systems SIS5595...                       No
VIA VT82C686 Integrated Sensors...                          No
VIA VT8231 Integrated Sensors...                            No
AMD K8 thermal sensors...                                   No
AMD Family 10h thermal sensors...                           No
AMD Family 11h thermal sensors...                           No
AMD Family 12h and 14h thermal sensors...                   No
AMD Family 15h thermal sensors...                           No
AMD Family 16h thermal sensors...                           No
AMD Family 17h thermal sensors...                           No
AMD Family 15h power sensors...                             No
AMD Family 16h power sensors...                             No
Hygon Family 18h thermal sensors...                         No
Intel digital thermal sensor...                             Success!
    (driver `coretemp')
Intel AMB FB-DIMM thermal sensor...                         No
Intel 5500/5520/X58 thermal sensor...                       No
VIA C7 thermal sensor...                                    No
VIA Nano thermal sensor...                                  No

Some Super I/O chips contain embedded sensors. We have to write to
standard I/O ports to probe them. This is usually safe.
Do you want to scan for Super I/O sensors? (YES/no):
Probing for Super-I/O at 0x2e/0x2f
Trying family `National Semiconductor/ITE'...               No
Trying family `SMSC'...                                     No
Trying family `VIA/Winbond/Nuvoton/Fintek'...               Yes
Found `Nuvoton NCT6798D Super IO Sensors'                   Success!
    (address 0x290, driver `nct6775')
Probing for Super-I/O at 0x4e/0x4f
Trying family `National Semiconductor/ITE'...               No
Trying family `SMSC'...                                     No
Trying family `VIA/Winbond/Nuvoton/Fintek'...               No
Trying family `ITE'...                                      No

6.8.3 lsmod | grep "nct6775\|coretemp"

root@TMS-740:~# lsmod | grep "nct6775\|coretemp"
nct6775                53248  0
hwmon_vid              16384  1 nct6775
coretemp               16384  0

6.8.3 modinfo nct6775

root@TMS-740:~# modinfo nct6775
filename:       /lib/modules/4.19.107-Unraid/kernel/drivers/hwmon/nct6775.ko.xz
license:        GPL
description:    Driver for NCT6775F and compatible chips
author:         Guenter Roeck <linux@roeck-us.net>
depends:        hwmon-vid
retpoline:      Y
intree:         Y
name:           nct6775
vermagic:       4.19.107-Unraid SMP mod_unload
parm:           force_id:Override the detected device ID (ushort)
parm:           fan_debounce:Enable debouncing for fan RPM signal (ushort)

6.8.3 "modprobe -r nct6775", "modprobe nct6775", "dmesg | grep nct6775"

root@TMS-740:~# modprobe -r nct6775
root@TMS-740:~# modprobe nct6775
root@TMS-740:~# dmesg | grep nct6775
[   54.436001] nct6775: Enabling hardware monitor logical device mappings.
[   54.436046] nct6775: Found NCT6796D or compatible chip at 0x2e:0x290
[ 2567.110309] nct6775: Found NCT6796D or compatible chip at 0x2e:0x290

Edited by henris
On 4/13/2020 at 7:10 AM, henris said:

Auto Fan Control stopped working on Asus Z390M-PLUS (NCT6796D / NCT6798D) when upgrading to 6.8.x

Same here except I have a SuperMicro X9SRL-F and am on Unraid 6.8.2 and the bad behavior started after updating dynamix.system.autofan from the previously working 2017.10.15 version.

It's worth noting I saw and reported this kind of behavior before last year.  In those cases it seemed to be related to changes in Unraid (6.7.0) 

Either way none of the reports here were acknowledged.  See posts 1234

Same as before I am reverting to unraid-fan-speed.sh called from the User Scripts plugin. 

The best and most helpful write up I found implementing unraid-fan-speed.sh from another user also noting the broken Dynamix System AutoFan, is here.

One additional oddity in behavior with dynamix.system.autofan 1.6 on my system is that after entering a stopped state I set the plugin to disabled and sometime after that the plugin state changed to running again.

dynamix auto fan broken 01.PNG

Edited by dabl