Dynamix - V6 Plugins

21 hours ago, Phoenix Down said:

Hi all, System Temp doesn't seem to have drivers for my motherboard's temperature sensors (Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming - ITE IT8688E). Here's the "sensor-detect" output:

Here's the "sensors" output:

I set ACPI Temp 2 as MB Temp, but I have no idea if that's correct. I in fact have no idea what those 2 ACPI tempeatures are. The motherboard has 6 thermal sensors and 4 fan headers:

Furthermore, under "Array Fan Speed" in Dynamix System Temp, I'm not able to select anything at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

I found a workaround:

Specifically, this part at the end:

Fan Speed Sensors and PWM Controllers: See warning below!

You can already see your CPU temp (Tctl) using the k10temp driver with Dynamix System Temperature. If you want to see Fan Speeds on your dashboard, or use the Dynamix Auto Fan Control plugin, we can force the it87 driver to load for the it8628 on this board. To force this we need to set another boot flag, "acpi_enforce_resources=lax". Add this the same way as above, after "video=efifb:off". That line in your syslinux.cfg should now read "append initrd=/bzroot video=efifb:off acpi_enforce_resources=lax".

Next, add the following line to /boot/config/go

modprobe it87 force_id=0x8628

The it87 driver will now load on boot and your fan speeds will be displayed on the Unraid dashboard, and the fan controllers will be available in Dynamix Auto Fan Control.

Warning: Setting acpi_enforce_resources to lax is considered risky for reasons explained here.  

Of course I didn't need the "video=efifb:off" part, so I just added "acpi_enforce_resources=lax" to my /boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg, then "modprobe it87 force_id=0x8628" to my /boot/config/go. A little risky (see link above), but otherwise seems to be working well so far. Will monitor it for any instability. Just want to share my findings in case someone else finds this post later.

Edited by Phoenix Down
  • Like 2

@bonienl Ok -- tonight it stops telling me that sdc got drive activity. But starts telling me about sdd :)

My fault - I just set the spin down to the array disk and not as a "global" default within Disk Settings.

I just changed it now so that all disk spin down after an hour of inactivity. 

I'll give another feedback, if that works or if I need to disable the docker although they only run on the cache drive. 

Hi all,

I've got some problems with the "Dynamix System Temperature"-plugin. I don't know if it is already a known problem (didn't read the thread). 😅

First of all, I want to thank for all these nice Dynamix plug-ins: Thank you for the nice plug-ins!

Secondly, if it helps, l this is my config:

• Motherboard: ASRock Z370M Pro4
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-8700T (previously i3-8350K, but had same problem)
  • Ram: 4x 4GB DDR4
  • Cache: 2x 256GB m.2 nvme SSD
  • Storage: 3x 8TB

The problem is that the app doesn't want to show the motherboard-temps after applying them. If I first select only the cpu it works. I can see it everywhere (Mainboard, bottom info bar,...).

If I try to load the motherboard temperature, I can see the temperature before applying. When I apply: I can't see any temperatures anymore (cfr. all pictures in attachment).

If I want to get it working again, I have to delete the plugin, reboot, reïnstall and hope it works. (If doesn't work, I have to try to reïnstall it again untill the motherboard temps work again.)

Could I have a script in the background ruining the plugin?

Is there a solution to the problem?

DynamixTempErr01.png

DynamixTempErr02.png

DynamixTempErr03.png

DynamixTempErr04.png

DynamixTempErr05.png

DynamixTempErr06.png

DynamixTempErr07.png

Hi,

I've installed and configured the dynamix s3 sleep plugin according to the Space Invader tutorial. It does not seem to put my system to sleep at the given time and days. When I activate sleep mode directly from the array operations (which also uses S3 Sleep) it works fine.

Attached a screenshot of my current settings. The plugin status that it is "Running".

Anyone a clue how to fix this?

Screenshot 2020-05-19 at 07.36.29.png

Hello, I hope this is the right place to post this. I have searched and have been unable to find a solution. In the last few days I added a second cache drive, identical to the existing one. I added this to create a cache pool. Since then I noticed occasional weird messages in my email that don't seem to make sense:

Subject is: 

cron for user root /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/monitor &> /dev/null

and the body consists of:

/bin/sh: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable

Typically I get several in a row and then they stop for 12-24 hours. If I leave them it seems to only get worse leading to the server being unresponsive twice now in the last few days. I was able to reboot it from the GUI once, but the second time I had to do a hard boot. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the SSD Trim plugin but did not seem to make a difference. It came back up without issue and the errors seemed to be cleared, but then about 24 hours later they started happening again. Everything seems to be working ok otherwise, I am not sure what is causing this. One thought I had is that one of the cache drives is on an HBA and the other is connected directly to the motherboard, not sure if that would make a difference. I have attached the diagnostic. Let me know what you guys think, the server has been running great otherwise and I have really been enjoying UNRAID. Thanks for the support! 

hulk-diagnostics-20200519-2143.zip

Hmm. your diagnostics show that you have a netdata container that is not properly reaping the finished processes

201      15538  0.2  0.0  33416 22352 ?        SNl  03:01   2:23  |   |       \_ /usr/bin/python /usr/libexec/netdata/plugins.d/python.d.plugin 1
201        300  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        ZNs  05:34   0:00  |   |       \_ [timeout] <defunct>
201        301  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        ZNs  06:28   0:00  |   |       \_ [timeout] <defunct>
201        302  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        ZNs  04:32   0:00  |   |       \_ [timeout] <defunct>
  ... snip ...
201      32766  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        ZNs  09:32   0:00  |   |       \_ [timeout] <defunct>
201      32767  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        ZNs  08:54   0:00  |   |       \_ [timeout] <defunct>

So your server is running out of process ids to run new processes. You should check with the support thread for the netdata container you are running

@bonienl After some days of testing, I'm completly lost.

I set a global spin down AND to be sure - for every disk of my array as well.

As you can see in the screenshot (made only a couple of minutes before going to bed and before the sleep time) all drives are spun down.

But my server won't go to sleep ... and to make it even more cryptic - on one day it worked fine.

I attached the debug log as well - on 19th of May it went to sleep with the exact configuration. (dockers [only on cache drive] are running and spun down is set up)

But after that day - no sleep.

Today as I wake up (8am) - the webgui of unraid even showed all drives spun down - but also no sleep in the night or even now dispite the set for sleep from 00:00 to 10:00am. How is this possible?

Is there any way to see exactly what keeps the drive sdd  (as mentioned in the debug log) spin up?

Thank you for your help.

no_activity.PNG

s3_sleep.log

Good day all
First, thnx to the developers for this plugins. Im fairly new to Unraid but these have improved my system greatly.
Sorry for asking but I searched briefly in the thread and read that there were no support at the moment for the X570 boards or the 3000x Ryzen for the system temp plug in.
Is that the case still or is there new updates?
My setup is a Asus Prime X570-Pro with a Ryzen 9 3900x

Im trying to get the board and CPU temp to show.

Thnx in advance.

4 minutes ago, Kaos809 said:

Good day all
First, thnx to the developers for this plugins. Im fairly new to Unraid but these have improved my system greatly.
Sorry for asking but I searched briefly in the thread and read that there were no support at the moment for the X570 boards or the 3000x Ryzen for the system temp plug in.
Is that the case still or is there new updates?
My setup is a Asus Prime X570-Pro with a Ryzen 9 3900x

Im trying to get the board and CPU temp to show.

Thnx in advance.

I was able to get mine to work by inputting the following in my go file:

modprobe nct6775 force_id=0xd120

Hopefully this works for you!

It would be nice if we could have different excluded for each day of the week on the Sleep Plugin.  Is there maybe a workaround to achieve this?  Is there a command (after wakeup) I could execute where it would check the current day of the week and tell unraid to not sleep for the next X hours?

Anybody got a clue about my problem? HERE

In the night from sunday to monday it went to sleep from 04:43 to 10:00. (see screenshot attached)

Again it doesnt work correctly - because it should be go to sleep at around 00:01 due to my settings.

And in the night from monday to today it completely ignored my settings again. 😡

Sorry for this (maybe) provocative question - but Is that plugin just simply unstable and/or unRaid not able to set the correct status of the hdd and I have to deal with it.

I just ask because in over 25 years I never got such problems on ANY other device or OS setting up such a basic function like sleep.

Windows goes to sleep, macOS goes to sleep, Playstation goes to sleep, QNAP /Synology goes to sleep - only unRaid cant handle such a basic thing?

I even reduced the settings to make it as simple as possible. Just by time and activity. (see screenshot attached)

No setup to network devices or something - but even this dont work. 

It can't be any user driven activity - because I'm always the last one going to bed - no one is doing anything in my network because everybody is sleeping.

It's very frustrating to fail on this nobrainer (for at least it just works on any other hardware/OS)

But the information "Disk activity on going: sdd" is useless if there is no hint what causes this.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-26 um 09.22.40.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-26 um 09.40.22.png

Edited by Maddeen

Hi,

i installed the Folder Caching app but somehow it wont work. It does nothing^^

image.thumb.png.3c5bddb694156b2693fbd3bed49c680f.png

Do i have to change anything? I wanna only cache the Stuff from the two shares. My disks are never spinning down. Like i set them up. As far as i read this app should help too, if i search in a folder for some files. Like file names with the artist in it.

For example in the mainfolder for the musik in the share "familie" i want all tracks with the name "%george%". Normal filesearch in windows with the folderexplorer. But the cache wont cache at all and so it takes up to a minute to get all results. To slow....

On 5/22/2020 at 4:54 PM, tasmith88 said:

I was able to get mine to work by inputting the following in my go file:

modprobe nct6775 force_id=0xd120

Hopefully this works for you!

M/B:  ROG Crosshair VIII Hero

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900x

Hi all,

I am having a similar issue with the temp plug-in. However, it doesn't seem to detect anything. I'm assuming that I need enter this in my "go file" as instruction by tansmith88. Only problem, I have no idea what the "go file" is. While having a temp of infinity is neat, I'd like to know the actual temp. Pics attached of my situation.

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 3.58.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 3.58.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 3.58.59 PM.png

49 minutes ago, eldoonmad said:

M/B:  ROG Crosshair VIII Hero

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900x

Hi all,

I am having a similar issue with the temp plug-in. However, it doesn't seem to detect anything. I'm assuming that I need enter this in my "go file" as instruction by tansmith88. Only problem, I have no idea what the "go file" is. While having a temp of infinity is neat, I'd like to know the actual temp. Pics attached of my situation.

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 3.58.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 3.58.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 3.58.59 PM.png

Hey...Sorry for the late response. I had used this blog to help figure out how to get it working on my end. Let me know if you have any questions.

https://kmwoley.com/blog/controlling-case-fans-based-on-hard-drive-temperature/

Question about Dynamix System Autofan:

1. What do the temperature threshold refer to? I don't see an option to associate the temperature readings to specific temp sensors, so I assume it's just the average of disk temperatures?
  2. What if I want to associate my CPU fan controller (pwm1) to the CPU temperature, and not the disk temperature?
  3. Are the settings separate for each PWM controller?
  4. I see only "Fan control function" as "Enabled' or "Disabled". Does it mean it's all or nothing? What if I only want to enable System Autofan for some of my fans (namely my case fans, and not my CPU and HBA fans, especially if the reference temperature is always the disks)?

@bonienl can you please help me? It seems that no one other than you can solve it.

Your addon keeps telling me about disk activity - but there is none?

As you can see HERE or HERE the WebGui shows all drives spun down, but your plugin seems to not recordnize it correctly.

I also installed the "file activity plugin" for more informations, but that also sees no disk activity.

Thank you very much.

Edited by Maddeen
11 hours ago, Maddeen said:

can you please help me?

Have you tried different settings of "Device activity monitoring"?

Status check is a hardware check, but may not work with all disk types.

Counters check is a software check, and can be used as alternative

Edited by bonienl

@bonienl - it seems that this does the trick for me. (see log)

I'll validate this within the next days to be sure that my server is going to sleep reliably and will give an update here.

If I can validate this, it would be nice (for others) if you extend your help description of the parameter "Device activity monitoring" with a short note, that in case of troubles users should try "counters only".

Thanks again - update follows.

Jun  3 00:03:26 UNRAID s3_sleep: All monitored HDDs are spun down
Jun  3 00:03:26 UNRAID s3_sleep: Extra delay period running: 0 minute(s)
Jun  3 00:03:26 UNRAID s3_sleep: Check TCP/SSH/TTY/IP activity
Jun  3 00:03:26 UNRAID s3_sleep: Communication state is idle
Jun  3 00:03:26 UNRAID s3_sleep: Enter sleep state now
Jun  3 00:03:26 UNRAID kernel: PM: suspend entry (deep)
Jun  3 00:03:26 UNRAID kernel: PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
Jun  3 10:00:10 UNRAID kernel: Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed 0.001 seconds) done.
Jun  3 10:00:10 UNRAID kernel: OOM killer disabled.
Jun  3 10:00:10 UNRAID kernel: Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... (elapsed 0.000 seconds) done.
Jun  3 10:00:10 UNRAID kernel: Suspending console(s) (use no_console_suspend to debug)

Updates:

Jun 4th -> going to sleep at 00:03 - wake up at 10:00 - verified ✔️

Jun 5th -> going to sleep at 00:03 - wake up at 10:00 - verified ✔️ 

Jun 6th -> going to sleep at 00:03 - wake up at 09:50 due to manual WOL - verified ✔️  

Jun 7th ->  going to sleep at 00:03 - wake up at 10:00 - verified ✔️ 

Jun 8th -> going to sleep at 00:03 - wake up at 10:00 - verified ✔️  

@bonienl - as you can see in my updates, I happily can verify that changing the setting to "counters only" is the solution.

So it appreciatly you can change the help note and add the information that changing to counters only will solve problems with the sleep 

Thanks and have a nice day.

Edited by Maddeen
update verification
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there anyway for Dynamix System Temp to monitor dual Xeon CPUs? In the System Temp menu under "Processor Temperature" I see all 24 cores and the "CPU Temp".  I tried to change the "Mainboard Temperature" to read one of the Cores off the second CPU but after clicking apply it always reverts back to the "MB Temp"--which makes sense in a way but is annoying.  

Is there a way to add a second "Processor Temperature" so I can see the temps on both CPUs? 

I did a search and did not find any solutions.  Sounds like it was added as a request back in 2017 but no word on implementation.  

• Like 1