Dynamix - V6 Plugins

1 hour ago, bryce2113 said:

Sounds like it was added as a request back in 2017 but no word on implementation.  

I've been looking for this for a long, long ... long time.

Side note I made the mistake of re-detecting my driver tonight, and lost all temp reading I was previously showing on my 32 cores.  Now I can only select 1 of 3 options CPU/MB/SYSTIN

Currently runnig latest update, Attached a screen to show how it was compared to now.

sadKEK.jpg

6 hours ago, Drider said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=e5eec7c5c933ca16

I've been looking for this for a long, long ... long time.

Side note I made the mistake of re-detecting my driver tonight, and lost all temp reading I was previously showing on my 32 cores.  Now I can only select 1 of 3 options CPU/MB/SYSTIN

imageproxy.php?img=&key=e5eec7c5c933ca16imageproxy.php?img=&key=e5eec7c5c933ca16imageproxy.php?img=&key=e5eec7c5c933ca16imageproxy.php?img=&key=e5eec7c5c933ca16

Currently runnig latest update, Attached a screen to show how it was compared to now.

sadKEK.jpg

Try typing in "coretemp" in the "available drivers" field.  That should fix it.  I had a similar issue happen when I updated to the latest plugin version. 

2 hours ago, bryce2113 said:

Try typing in "coretemp" in the "available drivers" field.  That should fix it.  I had a similar issue happen when I updated to the latest plugin version. 

I did try this, no fix.  However interestingly enough, two reboots later, and it's back to what it was.

I have a question regarding System AutoFan.

Does the plugin take into account the temperature of the drives, that of the CPU, or both? Because I'd like to control both, but clearly an identical threshold for both would make no sense. It'd be nice to have two different threshold groups, and apply the fastest fan speed coming from both calculations.

On 6/14/2020 at 1:05 PM, OdinEidolon said:

I have a question regarding System AutoFan.

Does the plugin take into account the temperature of the drives, that of the CPU, or both? Because I'd like to control both, but clearly an identical threshold for both would make no sense. It'd be nice to have two different threshold groups, and apply the fastest fan speed coming from both calculations.

Is there anybody that can answer my question? Because my drives are all off right now, but the fan is still spinning 100%, for some unfathomable reason. Is there any log I can access?

On 6/13/2020 at 12:59 AM, Drider said:

I did try this, no fix.  However interestingly enough, two reboots later, and it's back to what it was.

I find that the system temp plugin seems reluctant to load all modules, even if listed correctly (I think that the first listed is ignored).  My solution is to modprobe the missing module in the go file.

I have a, what I believe to be serious, problem with the autofan plugin.

I don't understand what the significance/purpose of the 'PWM Controller' field is.  I'm offered options of 'nct6776 - pmw1', 'nct6776 - pmw2' & 'nct6776 - pmw3'.  However, whichever option I select it always gets forced back to pwm1.

My case fans are controlled by '/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm2' but with this setting, I find that autofan always sets pwm1 to the same value as pwm2.  This might not be so serious if pwm1 wasn't the controller for my CPU fan!

Why is this happening and how can I stop pwm1 being adjusted?  Is it because of the PWM Controller setting, or is it another issue?

• Like 1
17 hours ago, OdinEidolon said:

Is there anybody that can answer my question? Because my drives are all off right now, but the fan is still spinning 100%, for some unfathomable reason. Is there any log I can access?

I believe that autofan only takes account of drive temperatures.  I'm not sure what happens when there are no drives reporting temperatures (eg all drives spun down).

On 6/18/2020 at 7:26 PM, MothyTim said:

System Autofan not starting on boot? I have to disable and re-enanble the controler to make it start? Wondering if there's a fix?

Cheers,

Tim

How are you loading the sensor modules?  Be aware that, depending on what modules are loaded, the directory path to the sense and control values can change.

I find that the 'Detect' options on the Autofan configuration are not very helpful.  I make all my settings manually, even if one gets overwritten!.

Autofan appears to start okay on boot, for me.  My problem is that it sets my cpu fan to the same control value as the case fans!

Hey, I'm new to Unraid, I've been using it for a month so far and since day one I've used the Dynamix plugins with no problem at all... until yesterday. Out of nowhere, without me touching the config at all, Dynamix S3 Sleep and System Statistics stopped working. 

Suddenly, the server didn't go to sleep, as usual. When checking the config to see what was happening, I found this. As you can see, S3 Sleep config menu looks incomplete now, is not showing me the full set of options (the capture is after reinstalling the plugin, that's why status is shown as stopped. Before reinstalling the status was "active", but the menus were incomplete too):

386040056_Capturadepantalla2020-06-21alas8_08_01.thumb.png.613761a3ef33755d876391ea9a628b96.png

As the whole Dynamix package has been updated these days, I've checked the rest of the plugins just in case, and I found that System Statistics is also not working. This time the config menu looks OK, but the Stats tab shows an error:

1753109804_Capturadepantalla2020-06-21alas8_08_11.thumb.png.6629d6c50d3d3927dc64fe8111fb2229.png

I've tried everything, restarting, deleting and reinstalling the plugins, etc... and nothing. Could this be related to the latest language support updates of these plugins?

I'd appreciate some light on this please.

Thanks!

atlas-diagnostics-20200621-0814.zip

Hi,

after update Dynamix System Stats to version 2020.06.20. I get on the Tab "Stats" the following error.

I use unraid 6.8.3.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function my_lang() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(520) : eval()'d code(19) : eval()'d code:56 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(520) : eval()'d code(19): eval() #1 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(520): eval() #2 /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/template.php(60): require_once('/usr/local/emht...') #3 {main} thrown in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(520) : eval()'d code(19) : eval()'d code on line 56

Unbenannt.PNG

Edited by Thorsten
5 minutes ago, jsc_atlas said:

Would this bug be related to the other issues I'm suffering in S3 Sleep? S3 Sleep and System Stats started doing strange stuff pretty much at the same time.

Yes, several plugins have the same bug.

I have made an update for all affected plugins. Please update.

On 6/20/2020 at 6:23 PM, PeterB said:

I have a, what I believe to be serious, problem with the autofan plugin.

I don't understand what the significance/purpose of the 'PWM Controller' field is.  I'm offered options of 'nct6776 - pmw1', 'nct6776 - pmw2' & 'nct6776 - pmw3'.  However, whichever option I select it always gets forced back to pwm1.

My case fans are controlled by '/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/pwm2' but with this setting, I find that autofan always sets pwm1 to the same value as pwm2.  This might not be so serious if pwm1 wasn't the controller for my CPU fan!

Why is this happening and how can I stop pwm1 being adjusted?  Is it because of the PWM Controller setting, or is it another issue?

Okay, not as serious as I first thought.  I believe that it's not Autofan which is misbehaving, but System Temp reports the same pwm percentage against all fan speeds, even for a fan which is not controlled by that pwm value (pwm2 in this case).

I wonder whether System Temp and Autofan need some knowledge of which pwm value controls which fan?

It's not clear, to me, how System Temp decides which pwm percentage to display - is there some information shared between the two plugins?

Edited by PeterB
On 6/20/2020 at 11:35 AM, PeterB said:

How are you loading the sensor modules?  Be aware that, depending on what modules are loaded, the directory path to the sense and control values can change.

I find that the 'Detect' options on the Autofan configuration are not very helpful.  I make all my settings manually, even if one gets overwritten!.

Autofan appears to start okay on boot, for me.  My problem is that it sets my cpu fan to the same control value as the case fans!

Hi, load the modules through go file.

After last nights update AutoFan is completly broken, if I try to enable one of the controllers they all enable and there is no apply button! And it stays stopped!

On 5/18/2020 at 6:05 PM, Pol de Lepel said:

Hi all,

I've got some problems with the "Dynamix System Temperature"-plugin. I don't know if it is already a known problem (didn't read the thread). 😅

The problem is that the app doesn't want to show the motherboard-temps after applying them. If I first select only the cpu it works. I can see it everywhere (Mainboard, bottom info bar,...).

If I try to load the motherboard temperature, I can see the temperature before applying. When I apply: I can't see any temperatures anymore (cfr. all pictures in attachment).

If I want to get it working again, I have to delete the plugin, reboot, reïnstall and hope it works. (If doesn't work, I have to try to reïnstall it again untill the motherboard temps work again.)

Could I have a script in the background ruining the plugin?

Is there a solution to the problem?

The new update still doesn't fix this problem.

After choosing and applying a motherboard temperature, all temperatures are gone and none are showing

Edited by Pol de Lepel

I may have found a reason why we are all having issues with the not being able to see the system temps anymore.

SYSTEM INFO:

unraid: v6.8.3

M/B: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z10PA-U8 Series Version Rev 1.xx 
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. Version 3801. Dated: 05/23/2019
CPU: Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2620 v4 @ 2.10GHz

First I ran pwmconfig:

Found the following devices:
   hwmon0/device is power_meter
   hwmon1 is nct7904
   hwmon2 is coretemp
   hwmon3 is nct6779

Found the following PWM controls:
   hwmon1/pwm1           current value: 255
   hwmon1/pwm2           current value: 76
hwmon1/pwm2 is currently setup for automatic speed control.
In general, automatic mode is preferred over manual mode, as
it is more efficient and it reacts faster. Are you sure that
you want to setup this output for manual control? (n) n
   hwmon1/pwm3           current value: 76
hwmon1/pwm3 is currently setup for automatic speed control.
In general, automatic mode is preferred over manual mode, as
it is more efficient and it reacts faster. Are you sure that
you want to setup this output for manual control? (n) n
   hwmon1/pwm4           current value: 5
   hwmon3/pwm1           current value: 10
   hwmon3/pwm2           current value: 0

Giving the fans some time to reach full speed...
Found the following fan sensors:
   hwmon1/fan1_input     current speed: 1412 RPM
   hwmon1/fan2_input     current speed: 0 ... skipping!
   hwmon1/fan3_input     current speed: 872 RPM
   hwmon1/fan4_input     current speed: 852 RPM
   hwmon1/fan5_input     current speed: 0 ... skipping!
   hwmon1/fan6_input     current speed: 0 ... skipping!
   hwmon1/fan7_input     current speed: 954 RPM
   hwmon1/fan8_input     current speed: 0 ... skipping!
   hwmon3/fan1_input     current speed: 0 ... skipping!
   hwmon3/fan2_input     current speed: 0 ... skipping!

So I can see that the system can see what sensors and fans I have.

I then ran: 'dmesg | grep NCT6779'

# dmesg | grep NCT6779
[   49.798332] nct6775: Found NCT6779D or compatible chip at 0x2e:0x290
[85626.400888] nct6775: Found NCT6779D or compatible chip at 0x2e:0x290
[85646.600274] nct6775: Found NCT6779D or compatible chip at 0x2e:0x290
[86575.679176] nct6775: Found NCT6779D or compatible chip at 0x2e:0x290
[87679.600329] nct6775: Found NCT6779D or compatible chip at 0x2e:0x290

I next ran the command 'sensors' and it gave me a load of errors against the 'bus name'

~# sensors
Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 14: Undeclared bus id referenced
Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 16: Undeclared bus id referenced
Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 18: Undeclared bus id referenced
Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 20: Undeclared bus id referenced
Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 26: Undeclared bus id referenced
Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 28: Undeclared bus id referenced
Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 30: Undeclared bus id referenced
Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 32: Undeclared bus id referenced
sensors_init: Can't parse bus name

On opening up the 'sensors.conf' file and looking at the referenced error lines I can see a reference to '0-2d'

# sensors
chip "nct6779-isa-0290"
ignore "temp7"
chip "nct6779-isa-0290"
ignore "temp8"
chip "nct6779-isa-0290"
ignore "temp9"
chip "nct6779-isa-0290"
ignore "temp10"
chip "nct6779-isa-0290"
ignore "fan1"
chip "nct6779-isa-0290"
ignore "fan2"
chip "nct7904-i2c-0-2d"
ignore "fan2"
chip "nct7904-i2c-0-2d"
ignore "fan5"
chip "nct7904-i2c-0-2d"
ignore "fan6"
chip "nct7904-i2c-0-2d"
ignore "fan8"
chip "coretemp-isa-0000"
label "temp1" "CPU Temp"
chip "nct6779-isa-0290"
label "temp1" "MB Temp"
chip "nct7904-i2c-0-2d"
label "fan1" "Array Fan"
chip "nct7904-i2c-0-2d"
label "fan3" "Array Fan"
chip "nct7904-i2c-0-2d"
label "fan4" "Array Fan"
chip "nct7904-i2c-0-2d"
label "fan7" "Array Fan"

so I make changes from '0-2d' to '02d', thereby removing the minus char.

I go back into settings>system temp and it now shows me all the settings!!!!!

image.png.d6985a55038038b5e0ac8032e583f90c.png

image.png.b3b975a7f2105ead2e316cefb062883d.png

I choose all the fans, HOWEVER... when I click on APPLY.  The page reloads and the temperature settings have reset and NOTHING shows and the sensors file is reset to show references to '0-2d' - argh!

BUT.... If I do all the above and NOT click on APPY', the cpu and motherboard temps NOW show up in UNRAID.

and one last update , if you REBOOT then it stops working again and I had to do the above again.

SO, clearly further investigation around this whole situation is required from both Limetech and Bonienl

Having an issue with cache directories plugin.  I configured it mostly as default however I am getting every 5-10 seconds a CPU spike on one core by the "sh" process.  If I turn off cache directories it goes away.  I'm only caching two shares, my files and multimedia, about 11 TB worth of data.  I also tried to limit the adaptive depth to 10 or 15 but no good.

How can I get this process not to spike my CPU consistently?  I'm not using the /mnt/user option either.