Dynamix - V6 Plugins

On 12/31/2020 at 6:39 AM, Pixel5 said:

is there anything i can do on my side when the auto fan plugin doesnt detect any PWM controllers?

I know the system has one as every fan header supports PWM and each header can be controlled individually in the BIOS but this plugin doesnt see any sadly.

run sensors-detect from command line, the run modprobe to add the sensors that are detected, then the fan speed plugin will see the headers

2 hours ago, spl147 said:

run sensors-detect from command line, the run modprobe to add the sensors that are detected, then the fan speed plugin will see the headers

its only detecting a sensor shown as unknown device and core temp both of which dont really help me here.

Ive seen many others have the same issue with a driver that is missing for this it8686 chip but so far i didnt find any functional solution yet.

Does Dynamix System Temperature break the temp reporting of SSD's? After I installed it, my ssd's no longer report a temperature (understand that it's expected for ssd's to not necessarily report temp, but they were prior to installing System Temp). 

Also - I tried uninstalling System Temp, and now I don't see the native temp reporting in the dashboard. Is that expected?  I'm running 6.9.0-rc2.

23 hours ago, spl147 said:

I can't run sensors-detect on this 6.9.0 rc 2 UnRAID as there seems to be no perl available. Any suggestions?

-- 

Chris

Ha! On the advice of @SpaceInvaderOne I've just installed the Dynamix Stats plugin, which has drawn my attention to an anomaly with my boot flash drive.

I hadn't noticed before that on the MAIN tab what is supposed to be a 16GB USB stick is reported as only having 2GB capacity. The Stats plugin seems to make this very clear.

Is this 16GB CruzerFit a fake? All suggestions welcome.

-- 

Chris

UnQNAP_Main-5.png

UnQNAP_Stats.png

Edited by bidmead
2 hours ago, bidmead said:

Ha! On the advice of @SpaceInvaderOne I've just installed the Dynamix Stats plugin, which has drawn my attention to an anomaly with my boot flash drive.

I hadn't noticed before that on the MAIN tab what is supposed to be a 16GB USB stick is reported as only having 2GB capacity. The Stats plugin seems to make this very clear.

Is this 16GB CruzerFit a fake? All suggestions welcome.

-- 

Chris

UnQNAP_Main-5.png

UnQNAP_Stats.png

If you back it up first, it should be easy enough to test by seeing if you can successfully write the expected amount of data to the drive and then also read it back intact.   If it IS a fake one of those steps will fail.

2 hours ago, Glasti said:

Rebooting with Dynamix System Buttons starts a parity check for me in 6.9 RC1. Is this normal/known?

I don't use that plugin since many of these buttons are already on the Dashboard page. Are you sure you don't have a problem with flash being read-only or disconnected? You get unclean shutdown if flash can't be written to update the started/stopped status of the array before shutting down.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Glasti said:

Rebooting with Dynamix System Buttons starts a parity check for me in 6.9 RC1. Is this normal/known?

I have not had the same problem with the System Buttons as you BUT I have observed that the Folding@Home docker does not shutdown (within the period of time that I waited).  In the case of this Docker (since it does not write to the array), there was a clean shutdown of the array (hence no parity check on restart) but it did require that I reboot the server manually to complete the reboot.  You might try stopping any Dockers before trying the button and see if that 'fixes' the problem.  (Of course, that would still leave a 'bug' to be resolved but the cause is now more isolated...)

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, trurl said:

I don't use that plugin since many of these buttons are already on the Dashboard page. Are you sure you don't have a problem with flash being read-only or disconnected? You get unclean shutdown if flash can't be written to update the started/stopped status of the array before shutting down.

Shutting down or restarting from the dashboard works fine. Permissions is something I checked and confirmed after posting here.

I changed my usb to a Cruzer recently so I can not disconnect it as easily, by bumping against it when like moving my case a little. Something I have done in the passed accidentally with other usb sticks. 

23 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

I have not had the same problem with the System Buttons as you BUT I have observed that the Folding@Home docker does not shutdown (within the period of time that I waited).  In the case of this Docker (since it does not write to the array), there was a clean shutdown of the array (hence no parity check on restart) but it did require that I reboot the server manually to complete the reboot.  You might try stopping any Dockers before trying the button and see if that 'fixes' the problem.  (Of course, that would still leave a 'bug' to be resolved but the cause is now more isolated...)

I deleted the plugin for now. Don't have the time/feel like troubleshooting right now. When I have time it will be a fun little project to see if it's a docker issue. It's a good point, could very well be. 

Edited by Glasti
30 minutes ago, Glasti said:

Permissions is something I checked

I didn't really say anything about permissions. If flash has corruption Unraid will mount it read-only so no further damage is done. And that would prevent clean shutdown since the status couldn't be written.

• Thanks 1

I need some help where I should add the following for sensors.conf so I can detect more sensors from the NCT6683D chip.

options nct6683 force=1

echo "options nct6683 force=1" >> /etc/modprobe.d/sensors.conf

The above line is for Linux but I need to add it systemp plugin or UNRAID somwhere

I added it to /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf but it is not persistent after reboot.

There is a word on the forum that if your running Dynamic Fan Control, which I do fans will not shut down using 6.9-RC2. My Drives do not shutdown on their own. I reverted back to 6.9-Beta35 and they do. Is there a Plugin Mod we can do or is it a sensor issue that trips it up?