Dynamix - V6 Plugins

11 hours ago, Squid said:

The free space it's talking about isn't anything to do with your system.  Rather for some reason the sensors aren't accepting the changes the plugin is trying to make to the fan speeds.  

That is weird, cause although it returns this error message, it does change the speed of the fans. Let's say the fan is revving at 6000 rpm before, then I click detect, it returns this error on the line, but then the fans rev down to a more natural 2000 rpm.

Hello,

I have a bit of a problem with the S3 Plugin, the log shows:

Mar 14 11:30:57 NAS s3_sleep: ----------------------------------------------
Mar 14 11:30:57 NAS s3_sleep: s3_sleep process ID 7685 started, To terminate it, type: s3_sleep -q
Mar 14 11:30:57 NAS s3_sleep: Disk activity on going: sdb
Mar 14 11:30:57 NAS s3_sleep: Disk activity detected. Reset timers.
Mar 14 11:31:57 NAS s3_sleep: Disk activity on going: sdb
Mar 14 11:31:57 NAS s3_sleep: Disk activity detected. Reset timers.

The problem is, that sdb is spun down and not doing anything. This behaviour appears randomly on SSDs and HDDs. There is nothing scheduled (mover, paritiy etc.) or polling (sata, autofan) in one minute steps. Also the file activity plugin shows nothing. What is wrong here?

@limetechUpdate:

It seems that the problem has something to do with the intentionally broken SSD standby since 6.9.

When SSDs are set into standbymode via console (hdparm -y), then it works as intended. Right now I'm not able to get back the spindown (=standby) command for SSDs from Unraid 6.8.3, since there is no comment or help on this decision from the developers. That's kind of a dealbreaker, since many chipsets (including mine) go into the lowest C-States, when drives remain active.

Thanks in advance

Edited by TGP
On 3/13/2021 at 9:28 AM, bonienl said:

It has been some time since I visited the Unraid forums.

Due to health issues I had to take a break, and unfortunately this break took way longer than anticipated.

But I am back and will start giving support again to Unraid and plugins.

First step is an update to the s3_sleep plugin, which now supports the latest features of Unraid 6.9 properly.

Please update this plugin if you are running Unraid 6.9.0 or higher.

Really good to see you back on board, but take your time.

Nothing is more important than your health. :)

On 3/13/2021 at 9:28 AM, bonienl said:

I need to do a lot of catching up, but feel free to post issues with the Dynamix plugins here and I will look into it.

That sounds great. If you have time, please have a look 1-2 pages back as some of us discussed several issues with and wishes for the Auto Fan Plugin:

- Feature Request: add NVME devices to exclude list via GUI, cause they influence the measurements of the spinning drives (works if manually added to cfg file, but will be overwritten if changes in the GUI are made)

- Feature Request: have the option to give every fan an individual name in Auto Fan - and System Temp Plugin

- possible Bug: if first cfg file in the plugin folder has service="0" the auto fan services does not start on boot/array start or crashes/stopps (workaround: delete all cfg files with service="0" in it)

If you need more details on this feel free to contact me. Until than... Stay save, stay healthy

kind regards from berlin

Edited by locutus_lbc
typos and more specific information
  • Thanks 1

On my side, since 6.9:
- Wake On LAN from sleep does not work, I need to manually go to the computer and press on. Seems going to sleep does not work as uptime restart from 0.

- Wake On LAN from shutdown does work.

This + the fact that activity on array isn't recognized, I must add disks manually.

• Like 1

Hi guys, I'm having an issue with the Temp plugin where I can scan for drivers, it sees the sensors and when I select them and hit apply they disappear. Sometimes a reboot will make them reappear to be selected, but they always disappear on "apply".

After some googling and reading this thread I've ran some commands people requested the outputs from - any help would be appreciated.

sensors-detect

Driver `nct6775':
  * ISA bus, address 0x290
    Chip `Nuvoton NCT6793D Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

Driver `jc42':
  * Bus `SMBus I801 adapter at f000'
    Busdriver `i2c_i801', I2C address 0x18
    Chip `Giantec GT30TS00' (confidence: 5)
    Busdriver `i2c_i801', I2C address 0x19
    Busdriver `i2c_i801', I2C address 0x1a
    Busdriver `i2c_i801', I2C address 0x1b

Driver `lm75':
    Busdriver `i2c_i801', I2C address 0x4f
    Chip `Dallas Semiconductor DS75' (confidence: 3)

Driver `coretemp':
  * Chip `Intel digital thermal sensor' (confidence: 9)

sensors -A

Error: File /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf, line 4: Undeclared bus id referenced
sensors_init: Can't parse bus name

On 3/11/2021 at 7:02 PM, MothyTim said:

Hi, autofan has stopped working after upgrading to 6.9.1 it was working fine in 6.9.0 and all the betas and RC's. Its annoying as finally my drives spin down and now something else is broken. Not sure what info is needed but I have this in syslinux: acpi_enforce_resources=lax and this in my GO file: modprobe it87 force_id=0x8628

Hopefully someone knows what has changed to stop this working?

Cheers, Tim

Anyone???

15 minutes ago, MothyTim said:

Anyone???

On 3/13/2021 at 8:28 AM, bonienl said:

Due to health issues I had to take a break, and unfortunately this break took way longer than anticipated.

Please be patient, he's just one guy doing this for free in his spare time and probably still has a lot of catching up to do.

• Like 1

First of all many thanks for the great Dynamix plugin package which is very useful, expecially for newbies like me. ;-)

I have a question to the "S3 Sleep" plugin.

Is it possible to add more then one host IP address ... only if all of them are not reachable i would like the server to sleep?

Thanks!

On 3/9/2021 at 12:38 PM, Pillendreher said:

Any of you ever run into the following message? Just started showing up. It goes away once I uninstall the sleep plugin and reappears every time I reinstall it.

grafik.thumb.png.e8a67da4ff138eb598435cfa81ad6b2c.png

So I am seeing something oddly similar. I just installed 6.9.1 yesterday and now i see this at the bottom if the "Array Operation" tab on the "Main" page. The thing is I dont have the s3 sleep plugin installed, and I havent for quite some time.

image.thumb.png.10e585e8449059ff3f2fc08ba5c6db40.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ... this is a mahoosive thread to read through! Last time i needed to read up to around 70 pages worth. Can i quickly ask, does the autofan plugin support X10DRi-LN4F  dual xeon, mine shows no dynamix fan controller, no 'Detect' option either, just grayed out? Strange, cos my other two SM single cpu motherboards are working after a fashion. Just wondering.

edit < tried sensor-detect after reading through a few more pages and nothing found, no NCT entries either. What are Supermicro users using to control fans?>

Edited by superloopy1

Hello!
Thanks for your plugins!

I have a couple of questions about the S3 Sleep plugin.

I'm using it to actually shutdown the system each day at midnight. It works, however it seems it's not cleanly shutting down the system as I see quite a lot of sync errors in my last parity.

I'm wondering if there's a specific need to manually stop any docker application that is running? I always assumed that the "shutdown" command (the one you can invoke manually in the regular UI) toke care of stopping the array and gracefully stopping any container that was running and so I expected the S3 Sleep plugin to work similarly.

If that's not the case, can you please help me figure out what to put in the "Custom commands before sleep" field? Currently I only have one docker that is always running (Teamspeak), I'm assuming we could figure out a command that stops it in order to make sure the shutdown is clean. Or maybe there are other things to keep in mind?

Thank you for your support!

31 minutes ago, Artanis said:

Hello!
Thanks for your plugins!

I have a couple of questions about the S3 Sleep plugin.

I'm using it to actually shutdown the system each day at midnight. It works, however it seems it's not cleanly shutting down the system as I see quite a lot of sync errors in my last parity.

I'm wondering if there's a specific need to manually stop any docker application that is running? I always assumed that the "shutdown" command (the one you can invoke manually in the regular UI) toke care of stopping the array and gracefully stopping any container that was running and so I expected the S3 Sleep plugin to work similarly.

If that's not the case, can you please help me figure out what to put in the "Custom commands before sleep" field? Currently I only have one docker that is always running (Teamspeak), I'm assuming we could figure out a command that stops it in order to make sure the shutdown is clean. Or maybe there are other things to keep in mind?

Thank you for your support!

Which version of Unraid ?

Honestly I had so many issues with the 6.9 that I reverted and will wait like 6month-ish until all stabilize...

On 3/31/2021 at 2:36 AM, shoanimal said:

I'm having trouble pulling fan info with the Dynamix System Temperature plugin.  I have Asus pro q470m-c motherboard. I am pulling CPU and MB temps no issue, but the fan list is empty.  Anyone know how I can get my fan speeds.

Hi,
I had the same problem with an Asrock H570M-itx motherboard, got only CPU temperature but no fan / fan speed.
In order for the Dynamix system temperature and fan control plugin to see the fans, I had to modify syslinux.cfg file and add a "acpi_enforce_resources=lax" kernel option on boot.
So edit the file with nano editor, using the following command line: nano /boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg

Here is an extract where you will make the modification:

label Unraid OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot

Change the content to :

label Unraid OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot acpi_enforce_resources=lax

Exit and save the modification by using Ctrl + X keys.

And reboot in order for this kernel option to be taken into account.

I also installed the plugin named "Nuvoton NCT6687 Driver" from the Community Applications, but I don't know if it is mandatory, because my chip is detected as NCT6798.

With this modifications, all my chassis and CPU fans are detected and I can control them using the Fan Auto Control plugin.

On 4/14/2021 at 12:24 AM, prune said:

Hi,
I had the same problem with an Asrock H570M-itx motherboard, got only CPU temperature but no fan / fan speed.
In order for the Dynamix system temperature and fan control plugin to see the fans, I had to modify syslinux.cfg file and add a "acpi_enforce_resources=lax" kernel option on boot.
So edit the file with nano editor, using the following command line: nano /boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg

Here is an extract where you will make the modification:

label Unraid OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot

Change the content to :

label Unraid OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot acpi_enforce_resources=lax

Exit and save the modification by using Ctrl + X keys.

And reboot in order for this kernel option to be taken into account.

I also installed the plugin named "Nuvoton NCT6687 Driver" from the Community Applications, but I don't know if it is mandatory, because my chip is detected as NCT6798.

With this modifications, all my chassis and CPU fans are detected and I can control them using the Fan Auto Control plugin.

Hi,

I have tried this steps, but for me still not possible to use the Fan Control plugin, below the error:

<br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_get_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6687.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm3_enable): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>40</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6687.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm3_enable): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>42</b><br /><br /><b>Warning</b>:  file_put_contents(/sys/devices/platform/nct6687.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/pwm3_enable): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.autofan/include/SystemFan.php</b> on line <b>50</b><br />/sys/devices/platform/nct6687.2592/hwmon/hwmon3/fan3_input

I have a MSI MAG B460M MORTAR and the I/O Controller is NUVOTON NCT6687 Controller Chip. Also running Unraid Version: 6.9.2 .

Hi,
I'm new to Unraid so it is hard for me to help you but:
I never had such error messages so your problem is not the same as mine, in fact I had no error but only CPU temperature.
Looking at the error message, it looks like AutoFan plugin search for an nct6687 driver in folder /sys/devices/platform and for a file in that folder does not exists.

Even with the Nuvoton NCT6687 driver application plugin installed, I don't have this folder and files on my installation.
You could try to force installation of the driver by issuing the following commands in a terminal:

depmod -a
modprobe nct6687

Note that I'm not an expert and you should better get in touch with the plugin developper to get an advice.